“Delicious and great view!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Duke's Chowder House on Alki

Duke's Chowder House on Alki
Reserve with OpenTable
Duke's Chowder House on Alki is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #118 of 4,059 Restaurants in Seattle
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups, Bar, Pub
Good for: View, Groups, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: West Seattle
Florida City, Florida
“Delicious and great view!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

I always love a beach view and Dukes had a great one, excellent soups! I did a sampler and they were every bite! The fresh bread was good with the soup and served warm! I had the Ocean fresh seafood salad. IT was great!!! If you are hungry def get the larger size or $19. The salmon sliders looked great, I did not try them, but my buddy almost licked his plate, so....The crab cakes were amazing, lots of crab and unique, addicting flavor. The bar did a good job, drinks were about $9. Not a cheap meal, but you pay for quality and the view!

• Visited August 2013

Okemos, Michigan
“very nice dinner, nice view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

On a summer evening, dinner on the upstairs outdoor deck at Duke's on Alkai is a great choice. Service was prompt and friendly (until it was time to pay the check - then our waiter disappeared for a while.) The wine list is pretty limited, but we found a wine that complimented our meals. Salads were fresh, the sour dough bread was fantastic, and our meals (one had halibut, one salmon and a corn chowder in bread bowl) were all very good. The three of us shared a chocolate volcanoe dessert which was also delicious.

The gas heaters were fired up as the evening cooled and allowed us to stay warm as we finished our meals.

Overall, a very good dinner outdoors at the beach!

• Visited August 2013
IL
“great location, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

The location is ideal for sitting and relaxing, but finding a parking spot is pretty tough. I am not a seafood lover so I can't compare the food to most paces, but I had the prawns and they were very good. It seems like they run out of the popular items on the dessert menu too often. I read some bad reviews on the service, but ours was fine.

Tucson, Arizona
“Great location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

I loved my table on the deck. The view is wonderful. I am definitely coming back. However the crabcake needs help. It just was not good. The chef needs to reinvent the recipe. Staff were great. Did not get a chance to try the chowders.

Puyallup, Washington
“Came here because of the reviews and...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

Im a little dissapointed. Service was really slow. Took us forever to get refills on our drinks, forever for our food and forever for our check. What was even worst was that the fish tasted like frozen fish and chips that had freezer burn. Honestly... I wouldve rather gone to ivars. At least we wouldnt be waiting so long to eat and be served. Probubly would never come back again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles