“Thai food in Seattle........yes Ma'am!”

Thai Heaven Restaurant
Ranked #1,826 of 4,098 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Thai food in Seattle........yes Ma'am!”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I must admit that I wasn't expecting much from a Thai restaurant just along side the Opera house in Seattle but was I ever wrong! They held the restaurant open just for us after the Nutcracker and we enjoyed a nearly authentic Thai experience in Seattle. We have lived in Thailand so we had already a good knowledge of Thai cuisine. This is as good as it gets outside Thailand.

The biggest problem with any ethnic cuisines is that they tend to get tempered down to cater for "local tastes" but Thai Heaven did their best to provide as good a dining experience as one can expect. The service was excellent and the various shared dishes were spicy and delicious all washed down with Singha beer. Thank you Thai Heaven for making this a memorable meal with my family.

• Visited December 2013

New York City, New York
“Poor to average food”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Had lunch here with two other colleagues. We shared three dishes and was asked about the heat factor. Despite ordering a range of heat, the dishes all tasted much the same. The service was fine and the location was near to my hotel. Would not return.

• Visited October 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Very nice and excellent food”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I really enjoyed the food, service and environment of the restaurant. I was going to go to the Bamboo Garden next door, but found the service to be completely void of pleasantry and the staff was very rude, so I went next door to this fabulous place that even said they'd help me find parking since the Bamboo Garden place will tow you from their very big, empty parking lot that is between the two restaurants.

• Visited August 2013
Minneapolis, MN
“Great Dinner”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We ate here because it was close to our hotel. The hostess was really nice and accommodating and the food was great. It was the last hour of service yet they were really nice to us.

Visited August 2013
Seattle
“Very ordinary”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I ate there today spontaneously - something I don't usually do and I paid the price. My favorite Thai dish is Phad Kee Mao and I use this as the standard to review a restaurant - this may not be a good way to do it. I ordered medium spicy but it came mild and was bland and very dry, not the saucy dish I'm used to. My husband had Phad Thai and tasting that I also found it very bland. His beef was very tough and my chicken was not much better.

I would be very unlikely to eat there again.

• Visited August 2013