“Great brunch” 5 of 5 bubbles

Restaurant Roux
Ranked #529 of 4,059 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Went to brunch here for Mother's Day as a walk-in. Service was great. Food was terrific. Everything fresh, fresh, fresh. The beignets were fabulous. Eggs benedict on cornbread was creative, Bloody Mary's good ( liked the spicy salted rim but maybe some more veggies?) It was kind of loud as one reviewer noted, but I'd rather have good food than quiet. Definitely will go again for lunch or dinner.

• Visited May 2014

Siloam Springs, Arkansas
“Nice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

I love the neighborhood of Fremont, so I really was excited to see this place open up. The service was great, the food was really awesome. We tried the chicken gizzards, excellent! My favorite main dish was the shrimp and grits! Spicy but not to spicy. The Root beer BBQ ribs were tasty as well. I will go back again!

• Visited April 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Great tastes from Creole country”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Although the evening started out with the misfortune of Roux not finding our reservation (made by phone 3 weeks prior for a party of 6), the owner made everything right by putting us in a booth as soon as he could. The place was packed and noisy, but oh well, isn't that what Saturday nights are for? Our table shared deviled eggs and pig's ear as a starter and it definitely whetted our appetite. We ordered a variety of dishes - steak and frites, rabbit, bibb lettuce salad, roasted asparagus and two desserts - beignets and a yummy red velvet like cake that resembled the Tower of Pisa!

We were not disappointed and appreciated the owner taking care of us. My only suggestion is to have online reservations to insure they are not lost. As it was, I had no proof of a reservation since I made it over the phone. Roux is crazy busy enough to save the staff lots of time and trouble by joining Open Table or another online rez system.

• Visited April 2014
“Good New Orleans Fare”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

We went to Roux for lunch hoping for authentic New Orleans food. What we got was good, but not in the stand out category. I tried the gumbo and the Jambalaya. Surprisingly, they looked almost identical. The chef puts a considerable helping of rice into the gumbo, making this less a gumbo and more like a Jambalaya without shrimp. It was good and filling, but not exciting. My guest had the red beans and rice and thought it too was close to the gumbo. Order the small version of either and you have a filling lunch. Ordering two of the small dishes left me filling stuffed. I'll likely go back, but not with high expectations.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank BobinSeattleWA
Columbus, Ohio
“incredible brunch ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

we stopped by restaurant roux for saturday brunch after a long day of travel west. the space is small and cozy, open kitchen, great service. we tried the chicken and waffles as well as the oyster po'boy. both amazing! for a spicy kick try the Bloody Mary it was fantastic. after eating we walked back down the hill to see the troll. good to move after brunch or I could have laid down for a nap!