“Very French - Very Meh”

Boat Street Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Boat Street Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #354 of 4,128 Restaurants in Seattle
Price range: US$22 - US$24
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Belltown
“Very French - Very Meh”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Very odd location sort of tucked away with no view to speak and difficult parking. Appetizers were good. Excellent pate. Pickled plate was a bit too pickled/sweet. My vegetarian entree was the worst fine dining entree I've had in recent memory (I'm not a vegatarian either) Some sort of bland cubes of I can't remember over a pile of mushy bitter spinach. Other choices people had were a bit better - the phrase hit and miss comes to mind. Somewhat stingy portions considering the price. Going to be tough to make it at this location I think with these prices, small portions, and some bombs on the menu. But maybe worth a try if you're really into French cooking and you choose wisely. Pleasant service. Pleasant atmosphere despite the weird parking-garage entrance like location. Overall: Meh. Overpriced. Your mileage may vary especially if you thrive on a slow-paced Parisian French charm atmosphere.

Visited June 2014

“Top notch”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Boat Street Cafe is a hidden gem in Lower Queen Anne. If you don't know where to look, you will easily bypass this great little restaurant.

I can here for dinner with a few friends. The service was prompt and courteous. We asked for, and received recommendations on both the appetizers and entree. Our meal was expertly prepared, and the presentation was great. The albacore crudo to start, followed by the bone-in pork rib chop showed off just how delicate French cooking can be.

You'll be doing yourself a great disservice if you come to Boat Street and don't try the bread pudding for desert.

Boat Street Cafe came highly recommended to me, and did not disappoint. This will definitely be a must-visit on my future trips to Seattle.

• Visited June 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Eclectic wonders”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Group of 8 for a birthday party. Great attentive service, fast food service. All the food was great except for the clams, a little overcooked. Lamb neck melted in your mouth! Copper river salmon was perfectly done! Mouse pate was so light with a fantastic flavor. Pickled vegetable plate was enjoyed by all with big raves on variety.

Smaller restaurant with a big ambience.

A new favorite!

Seattle, Washington
“Charming Ambiance, Mediocre Service”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Brunch Review.

This place is oozing with Parisian charm, I LAVA it! We finally got around to trying this place and it's really good.

The Puffins are so delightful! Get two because we shared one and I was wishing I could've had it all to myself. :) The hubs got eggs benedict and I got a custom assortment of breakfast items (scrambled eggs, fruit, potatoes). Yum!

The reason it's 3-stars is because they messed up on my husband's order and both times the food came out cold. Meh. It was still good, but just disappointing. And because the service left something to be desired. Also, I'm a bit disappointed with their prices. The prices with the service makes the experience feel stuffy.

I'm hoping their better for dinner; I'd love to come back and try it out. So this place is adorable and good, but with so many other restaurants to try, it might be a while until we make it back here.

• Visited March 2014
Glencoe IL
“A bit hard to find,but worth seeking out”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I considered going here on several previous visits to Seattle, but never did. glad I finally decided to go. Very low key atmosphere and sparsely appointed. The menu is not extensive, but everyone in our party of five selected a different entree. Everyone was very satisfied with his choice. However, the consensus was the brined pork chop was at top of the list. Prices are moderate and the wine selection was good. Seek it ya out.

• Visited May 2014