“Interesting Little Hole in the Wall”

Boat Street Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Boat Street Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #632 of 4,300 Restaurants in Seattle
Price range: US$22 - US$24
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Belltown
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I had been hearing of this restaurant for some time, so I thought I'd check it out on this trip. The food was pretty good, and the service was adequate. What was a little weird was that we tried to get reservations for 6 but couldn't get them until 7, yet when we showed up at 6:30 it was empty of customers. They did seat us early, but why the stall?
You should be aware that you're essentially eating underground in this cafe. It's a little hard to find, in fact, tucked away as it is away from the street in what feels like an upscale strip mall. There is no view. The ambience is all in the place itself. There is outdoor seating if you want it, under the walkway for the upstairs shops.
Overall, I'd say that it was a positive experience, but I am in no hurry to return.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

You need to go down a pathway or stairs to get to this place tucked in, not to far from the Seattle Sculpture Park. The salmon was good, simply prepared and nice portion. Good service. Relaxed atmosphere.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We visited on a Tuesday night and the restaurant wasn't that busy, but that was okay. (We had our hotel make reservations, but they had no record of it. Not sure who dropped the ball.)

We had a lovely meal (Pork Chop, squid, Clams, and the special appy of the day). The dessert was amazing - bread pudding. Very tasty.

Service is hit and miss. Our wine came without an ice chiller - we had to ask for one.

Overall the ambience is nice - not your usual Seattle tourist restaurant - more of a place only locals would know about - so nice to get away from the tourists and dine in a place with character.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We have been hearing about the cafe for a long time, and finally got there on June 24 for lunch with friends. Really charming setting, nice service. But lunch menu is limited. I had the pot au feu, which was basically tasteless, meat marbled with gristle; yes, I know this is a classic French dish, but in late June this was exactly what they would have served in late January, without a speck of originality or style. My husband's tourtière, a sausage pie, was so dull that he was salting it, and we usually think restaurant meals are over-salted. We ordered two chocolate soufflé cakes for dessert and both were over-baked and dry. Maybe dinner is good, but they've sure got the second string working the lunch shift. Oh, yeah, $50 per couple with one glass of wine.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Very odd location sort of tucked away with no view to speak and difficult parking. Appetizers were good. Excellent pate. Pickled plate was a bit too pickled/sweet. My vegetarian entree was the worst fine dining entree I've had in recent memory (I'm not a vegatarian either) Some sort of bland cubes of I can't remember over a pile of mushy bitter spinach. Other choices people had were a bit better - the phrase hit and miss comes to mind. Somewhat stingy portions considering the price. Going to be tough to make it at this location I think with these prices, small portions, and some bombs on the menu. But maybe worth a try if you're really into French cooking and you choose wisely. Pleasant service. Pleasant atmosphere despite the weird parking-garage entrance like location. Overall: Meh. Overpriced. Your mileage may vary especially if you thrive on a slow-paced Parisian French charm atmosphere.