“I've had better...haven't had much worse” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Black Bamboo Restaurant - CLOSED

Black Bamboo Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
toronto
“I've had better...haven't had much worse”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

After trying to find a Chinese restaurant in Seattle and seeing lots of reviews that say it's hard to find good Chinese food in the city except for the Black Bamboo we thought we'd give it a try. The place was almost empty but we went in. We ordered two menu staples - Chow fun with beef and chicken moo shu. They were out of chow fun noodle. How does that even happen? So we decided on Singapore noodles instead. The moo shu was unoffensive, but mainly because it was totally tasteless except for the hoisin they gave us on the side. The Singapore noodles were not edible. It was like a salt shaker had spilled on it. We told the waitress and she was very apologetic and took it off our bill after explaining that their regular chef wasn't there and they had temporary help and maybe he didn't know how to make it. Seriously? Wow...that's all I can say. Not sure how this place will survive but good luck to them.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Seattle
“Awesome Chinese”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

I have visited this place a few times now and all I can say is every time they blow my mind with the flavors they have. I even ordered the Peking duck once and it was one of the best meals I have ever had. Their flavors are like old Chinese like I remember from some of the good ones. A must try while in Belltown.

• Visited September 2013