“It was the perfect location!!”

Greenlake Guest House
Ranked #1 of 28 Seattle B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 May 2011

The innkeepers were very accommodating. The room was wonderful and had a great view of the lake, loved the bathroom!!! The breakfast was superb and they also gave me dinner suggestions on where to go and how to get there. The location was perfect, and getting into the city took me like 15 minutes tops!!! I loved their dog "Emma" the beagle. Even the guests who were there at the same time were fun!! Thanks again for a wonderful visit and making me feel right at home!!

Room Tip: All of their rooms were perfect!!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Greenlake Guest House

Reviewed 15 March 2011

My wife and I stayed in the Greenlake Guesthouse for one night. We just needed to get away and wanted to stay in a B&B, as we had never done so before. I had a couple of activities planned for us that evening, but as my wife and I talked about it, she decided that she just wanted to go back to the room and relax, because "the room was so nice and cozy."

The jetted tub, the fireplace, books, movies, friendliness of the staff, the wonderful breakfast, all made our stay fantastic. We will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 28 February 2011

My husband and I enjoy staying at B&B's and have done so in the States and in Europe. And Greenlake Guest House is now one of our favorites. My husband and I stayed there while visiting our college-student son. The house is attractive, comfortable, clean, and quiet. We took advantage of a number of the amenities offered, like the freshly baked cookies the afternoon we arrived and free internet. Our bedroom, which had a terrific view of the lake across the street, was large and well-lighted. The bed was cozy. The bathroom was spacious with lots of hot water and luscious bath soaps. I especially liked the heated bathroom floor! Breakfast was tasty and the coffee was hot and plentiful. And Julie couldn't have been nicer. She made us feel so welcome and so at home.We look forward to seeing her again on our next visit. And staying longer so we can enjoy the neighborhood.

Reviewed 23 February 2011

Blayne and Julie were great hosts. One of us had dietary requirements that were met perfectly. The furnishings were comfortable and the decorating and finish were meticulous. Green Lake is an active daytime park but quiets down in the evening. There are enough restaurants within walking distance that a car is not necessary. The excellent Woodland Park Zoo is about a 1.75 mile walk around the lake. We will be coming back!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 February 2011

Wow! Where to start?

I was trying to think of a fun weekend getaway for my wife and I to celebrate her 31st birthday. We have two children under 3 years old and this trip was going to be the first time we have left them both for more than 1 night.

I thought Seattle sounded like fun, as neither of us have ever been there. Once I got the flight booked, I immediately went on Trip Advisor to research Bed and Breakfasts, as my wife and I LOVE to stay at bed and breakfasts any place we go.

The Greenlake Guest House was ranked in the top 2 of more than 40 bed and breakfasts in Seattle. By reading the reviews of other travelers, I could start to tell why. I booked ourselves a two-night stay in the Parkview Room (largest room and has a great view of the lake across the street).

I was contacted via email by Julie shortly thereafter thanking us for choosing to stay there. She also asked if we had any questions or needed help making any reservations during our stay. Since I really knew nothing about Seattle, I took her up on her offer! Julie ended up making reservations for us for dinner Friday night (Up atop the Space Needle!), a Pike Place Market Tour Saturday morning (my personal favorite from the trip), an Argosy harbor cruise Saturday afternoon, and a romantic dinner Saturday night at Dahlia Lounge.

But I'm getting ahead of myself a little bit. So we landed in Seattle around 1pm on Friday the 4th, got our rental car, and made our way toward the Greenlake Guest House. Even though check in isn't officially until 4pm, we got there a bit after 2pm, met Julie and got our room key. She was so friendly and inviting, making us feel right at home.

She recommended a great place within walking distance to have lunch (Duke's Chowder House), and by the time we were done eating, our room was ready along with baked chocolate chip cookies! Our room was spacious, very clean, and had a couple really nice options - heated tile floors in the bathroom, and a large jacuzzi tub. There also is ample closet space and a flat screen LCD television with DVD player (Julie and Blayne keep an extensive collection of DVD's upstairs on the bookshelves should you prefer to have a quiet evening in, or take in an afternoon flick). They also have free Wi-Fi in all the rooms, and if you didn't bring a laptop, you can use the guest computer downstairs anytime.

We had some free time before dinner, so we decided to walk around the lake, which is directly across the street. The path around the lake is bustling with people and dogs. It is 2.8 miles to walk the entire way around the lake, and Friday wouldn't be the only day we decided to do it. It was a great way to burn a few calories and take in the crisp afternoon air.

We had dinner reservations at the restaurant (indoors) up at the top of the Space Needle. You can valet park your car for only $8 if you have dinner reservations, so that definitely beat having to look for parking.

They have a gift shop on encompassing the entire bottom level of the Space Needle, and you can also choose to have your photo taken (free), which you can immediately email or share with friends and family via their interactive kiosks.

Dinner was great - service and quality of food excellent. After dinner, we walked up a flight of stairs to the observatory level. You can also go outside on the deck if you choose. It makes a great photo op.

Saturday morning we elected to have breakfast around 8am (you can eat anytime between 8am-9:30), as we had a Pike Place Market Tour at 10am. It was at breakfast we got to meet Blayne. Blayne was so welcoming, friendly and genuinely interested in getting to know us. It felt as if we were family.

Breakfast was delicious! We were served fresh fruit with yogurt, pancakes, eggs, tea, and more. If you have certain dietary restrictions, you can let them know ahead of time. They also give you some different options when they show you the breakfast menu after you sit down.

After breakfast we drove downtown to meet our group for the tour of Pike Place Market (Savor Seattle tour). We met our guide and 12 other people who would be joining us on the two hour excursion. This tour was really neat, as you got to go behind the scenes at some of the shops to see how things were done. We sampled everything from fish to donuts to macaroni and cheese to fresh fruit. Everyone had a headset so we could easily hear the guide, even when he was a bit in front of us. Totally worth the money and I recommend this tour!

We did a harbor cruise Saturday afternoon aboard the Argosy. While not a highlight of the trip, it was neat to see the Port of Seattle and get background information on Seattle from the guide who narrated the 60 min trip.

Dinner Saturday night was at a Tom Douglas establishment - Dahlia Lounge - and it was very good. The atmosphere was just right and service and food excellent.

Sunday morning brought way to another amazing breakfast (fresh fruit, quiche, and other things I'm sure I'm forgetting). Even though checkout is at 11am, our flight wasn't until a bit later, so Julie and Blayne told us we were free to hang out in the house for as long as we wanted. We decided to take another walk around the lake before heading out to the airport.

To sum it up simply: The next time we are back in Seattle, we will not have any issues picking a place to stay, as we'll be back here 100% without a doubt.

We have stayed at many, many bed and breakfasts and my wife and I both agree that the Greenlake Guest House is probably the best one we have ever been to. The food, service, hospitality and location (less than ten minutes from downtown) are top-notch.

Blayne and Julie - we would like to thank you for making this trip so memorable. Because of you, we'll be recommending Seattle, and the Greenlake Guest House, to family and friends for years to come.

1  Thank sportsfan33
Reviewed 5 February 2011

This is our second time to Greenlake Guest House and we will definitely go again. The owners are super nice folks, breakfast is elegant and the whole experience just invites welcome and relaxation. Don't miss this one when in Seattle.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2011

Excellent B&B, great location, great food and very hospitable hosts. Enjoyed every minute of our two day stay, would come back again when in Seattle. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple