“Absolutely loved it!”

Greenlake Guest House
Ranked #1 of 26 Seattle B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 May 2008

I travel to Seattle on business often and when we moved our office to the Greenlake area I looked into a B&B as a option instead of the usual hotels. I found the Greenlake Guest House and was fortunate enough to find space during my visit. It was absolutely wonderful. The room was charming, the owners very friendly and gracious, and the breakfast was outstanding. The setting is spectacular with the lake view and I loved the fact I could run downstairs in my pj's in the morning for a cup of coffee! I really didn't want to go home! I'm looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 May 2008

I stayed at the Greenlake Guest House while transitioning in my move to Seattle and I found the owners and accommodations to be quite lovely.

The B&B is in a great location right near Greenlake and close to major travel arteries. They have a fabulous downstairs parlor with computer access, a fireplace, and homemade cookies or brownies every night.

The bedrooms are nicely sized, with their own heater and bathroom. Upstairs there's a fridge with water and sodas stocked, and you can store snacks as needed. They have an extensive DVD collection and books if you want entertainment.

The couple themselves are very warm, offering advice and are generally just super friendly. Their breakfast is outstanding - a large amount of varied and interesting food.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 May 2008

Our family had a wonderful stay at the Greenlake Guest House. Julie and Blayne are very welcoming innkeepers. The inn is very comfortable and nicely appointed. The rooms are spotless. There are many guest-friendly amenities such as a guest refrigerator with complimentary soda and bottled water, an incredible movie collection available to watch on the in-room dvd player and they even had heated bathroom tiles! In the downstairs living room area there was a computer available for guests and there was coffee and tea available all day along with Julie's incredible cookies and brownies and her breakfasts were equally amazing. Julie and Blayne were very helpful as well in giving us Seattle suggestions and recommendations and the location is great. Right across the street from beautiful Green Lake and a neighborhood full of great restaurants. We will be back!

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed 21 April 2008

The room was clean, quiet and comfortable, the hosts were people I would like to have as friends, and interacting with the other guests at our delicious breakfasts was lovely! I liked the neighborhood, the view of the lake, and the facility. Wish I had time to stay longer.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2008

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Greenlake Guest House. The hosts, Julie and Blayne, were warm and inviting. The home was clean and tastefully decorated and there were fresh brownies and tea or coffee available for snacking anytime in the sunny sitting room facing the lake. The path around the lake was perfect for walking, in-line skating, jogging and unwinding after a busy day of museums and shopping. Breakfasts were delicious...my first morning's breakfast consisted of poached pear, eggs done any way I prefered, homefries, freshly baked scones, juices and of course bottomless cups of coffee or tea. The bedroom was quiet and the adjoining bath with big white fluffy towels felt like a spa. I would like to make the Greenlake Guest House a part of my next stay in Seattle.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 April 2008

My husband and I spent a few nights at the Greenlake Guest House at the end of November 2007. It's taken a while for me to write this review, but I'm happy to do it.

Our stay was fantastic, and we absolutely loved all the special touches.

Blayne and Julie are wonderful innkeepers. I have numerous food sensitivities, and they went out of their way to make delicious breakfasts that both my husband and I enjoyed.

The fresh baked cookies are such a lovely touch, as is the guest mini-fridge stocked with complimentary bottled water and soft drinks. Also, they had a selection of games - my hubby and I had a great time playing Scene It, a movia trivia game, in the comfort of our room.

We stayed in the beautiful Parkview Suite, and adored the comfy bed, heated bathroom floors, and especially loved the double jacuzzi!

Blayne and Julie were great to chat with over breakfast, and gave us some fantastic sightseeing tips outside of downtown Seattle.

Our favorite excusion was a tour of Theo Chocolate factory in Freemont, only a couple of minutes away from the B & B. They make some of the best chocolate we have EVER tasted, and it's the only fair-trade, organic, original chocolate maker in the US. Yum!!

We will be back when we are in Seattle.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2008

What a pleasant surprise Greenlake Lodge was, from the cordial owners, the cozy commons area. replete with a contented beagle in constant repose in front of a fireplace, to the quiet room with a view and a comfortable bed, to the corrupting gourmet breakfasts. For us It all added up to four very restful days and nights, a place to relax when not visiting with the grandchildren and a son and his wife who live in a nearby neighborhood in this city of neighborhoods. So what if the water pressure in the shower wasn't always strong, and the imaginative morning meals served only between 8 and 9:15. (We are early raisers anyway ) The good food and the amiable hosts Blayne and Julie McAferty made us and the other guests feel very at home and chatty. Even if you tend not to be at your most friendly in the morning and wary of inquiring others, we found it hard to bid everyone a nice day, and push away from the table and turn down the offer of another cup of coffee and an extra homemade scone. Also diverting was the Lodge's setting, across from a glistening lake that invited walking and a neighborhood bakery and chocolate shop that invited grazing, at least enough to tide us over to the breakfasts. The McAfertys seem alert to the routines of the guests, and when we were leaving handed us not a copy of the bill that had already had been settled, but a printed recipe of a particular dish we had praised.

Stayed: March 2008