“fantastic gelato!”

Neighbourhood: Downtown
Sterling Heights, Michigan
“fantastic gelato!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I had never had gelato before and boy was I missing out! It was so light and refreshing! I had the raspberry. I loved it so much that the next night I went back and had a delicious chocolate. The server girls were super friendly and smiley. Great prices too. A small 2 scoop cup cost <$4. Great way to end an evening while walking around the market.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Kristen M

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Providence, Rhode Island
“Great Gelato!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is an easy review to write. We had a hankering for ice cream and found this little place right down the street from our hotel (stayed at the Inn at the Market). We tried the Pistacchio, Vanilla, Strawberry, and Banana. Delicious! Take note, they are not open really late - at least on Sunday evening. We tried for a second visit but they were closing up.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Mike2131
Sacramento, California, USA
“Tasty....mmmmm”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

The gelato is light and very good. I really liked the strawberry and basil. Light and refreshing. Wife had nutella and vanilla.

1 Thank 282TimB
Santa Cruz
“Great Traditional Gelato”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Bottega has some of the best gelato I have had in the USA. It compares easily with the best gelati I have had in Italy - We tried several flavors and all of them were excellent. Plus I love a place that makes real smooth gelato - instead of calling something gelato when it is really just a light ice cream. This place makes the real stuff!

Try the pistachio as it is one of the flavors that is hard to make perfect. I think I have tried it in every gelato place that offers it.

We really loved the pear as well, but the peach, watermelon, and coffee were also good. We tried other gelato while in town, but they tended to be sweeter and less intense than the gelato here. I like to taste the flavor, not just extra sugar.

Visited July 2014
Germantown, MD
“Best Gelato - made fresh daily”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Definitely worth a stop for the light, flavorful Gelato made in small batches daily. Opera is a blend of nuts including pine nuts and hazelnuts. Mint tastes like a real mint plant - refreshing and surprising. I got a small with a scoop of each. Pistachio was good. Fruit and chocolate flavors as well. They also have a variety of coffees and chairs to sit and relax and people watch.

Been to Bottega Italiana? Share your experiences!