Here are my tips:
1). Make a reservation for 45 min before sunset. (Sunset changes with the seasons).
2) Show up EARLY. Like 30 minutes early. You have to wait in line for the elevators to go up to dinner. And if you show up early you can ride up to the observation deck. From there you can take your Seattle Skyline pictures in the daylight. If it is clear - there is a great view of Mount Rainer with the sun hitting it.
3) Use the stairs - there are stairs that connect the observation deck to the restaurant. This makes it super easy to get back to the restaurant without standing in the elevator line AND to run up for some sunset pictures if you don't get a window seat in the restaurant.
4) You aren't there for food - but it is good. Not excellent, but good. The spinning restaurant is not super smooth (we were on the inside, away from the windows). Service was also good. We sat for about 90 minutes and didn't get dessert. Another table had ice cream that they poured dry ice in the container so it "smoked" which was neat. (Price of food basically includes your admission up to the top).
5) get your FREE photo taken. Why not?
6) go back up to the Observation Deck using the stairs, email yourself the free photo and take your night shots of the Seattle skyline. Take the stairs back down to the restaurant and wait for the elevator ride back down to the ground.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.