“a comfortable pub”

Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Lake Union
Reviewed 17 July 2013

while in Seattle visiting, stopped into Paddy's for a bit of lunch. Very comfortable, enjoyed the Guinness stew. rather simple menu. As I don't drink really cannot comment on that, however they do seem to have a fine selection of drafts.

enjoy your visit

Reviewed 8 July 2013

It started with an expired Groupon. While it took a little bit to find this particular location (there are several outlets in the greater Seattle area, including at Pier 70 on the waterfront, but the Groupon was only good at this one), we were well rewarded this Irish-themed restaurant on the edge of the burgeoning South Lake Union neighborhood. Search for the beautiful P-Patch!

There is a small outside deck overlooking the P-Patch, and since it was such a glorious day it made much more sense to sit outside than in with the fireplaces blazing. The very friendly waitress greeted us with the weekend brunch menu (available until 2 pm), while giving us a verbal listing of the few lunch options available.

The brunch menu provided a difficult set of choices, since so many items sounded simply fabulous. I'm not sure anyone could single-handedly take on the Irish Breakfast: the traditional plate with bangers, black and white pudding, rashers, eggs, baked beans, broiled tomato, red potatoes, and Irish soda bread. I had no idea what the "pudding" was and surmised it was one of those concoctions made out of some offal or blood or something. Pass. There were a couple of Benedicts, several items that came with "Rashers" (Irish bacon) or "Bangers" (Irish sausage), but looking for something new, I tried the Corned Beef Hash: chipped corn beef with potatoes, peppers and onions, topped with fried eggs and real hollandaise sauce, with toast.

I hate to admit that this Irish descendant and former restaurant manager was a hash virgin, but I am a slave to Hollandaise, so there you go. The Hollandaise was quite good, though not traditional, since it had more zippy heat and wasn't as thick. The eggs ordered "over-easy" were more "over-medium" but otherwise oozed perfectly into the hash. The green peppers and onions were so well sautéed into the potatoes that they didn't have the sharp notes some people really prefer. I don't, so I enjoyed this dish tremendously. But the best part was the marmalade butter that comes with the toast. This marmalade was blended into the butter in such a way that any objections you might have had about orange marmalade will go the way of the Titanic (made in Belfast, Ireland. The boat that is!). I am still doing an Irish jig about that marmalade butter. Yes, it's that good.

The service was perfect at every step. Not cloying, but attendant and perceptive. How rare, especially in a pub. And here it gets better: the full value of my Groupon had expired in October. Never mind, they applied the full face value to the check. Maybe it's because the place wasn't at all busy and they need the business. Regardless, it was a wonderful way to provide outstanding customer service and attract repeat business.

I'll be back!

Reviewed 19 March 2013

We went expecting a great Irish experience but should have stayed home to watch "Darby O'Gill and the little people." The sound system was blaring Johnny Cash so loud we couldn't hear each other. The menu was reduced to a few items that I can make at home and it was served on paper plates with plastic utensils. Real classy. Why pay to go to a sit down restaurant? Our Irish beer was served in plactic cups that said "Bud Light". Live band started up and played 60's oldies music. No Irish music; average food I can make at home served on throw away American dinnerware; sound system so loud you can't converse with your own dinner partner. The one day Ireland gets to showcase itself to the locals and it comes up empty.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

We had a very nice lunch here on St. Pats. Too bad they did not have any live music early in the day:( Everyone was very nice and in a great mood. We had a good time!

Reviewed 11 March 2013

Well, actually early afternoon not morning! We walked along the beautiful waterway from the Seattle Ferry Terminal at pier 50 to Paddy Coyne's at pier 70 (flat easy mile...very close to Olympic Sculpture Park) and were rewarded with a gracious greeting and delightful service. The menu had lunch specials as well as great lunches that were special. We had the fish 'n' chips that was fresh, moist, and delicious as well as the beef stew that had a generous amount of tender meat and came with Irish bread which I used for sopping up every bit of Guinness gravy. We hadn't known about Paddy Coyne's until we saw a Groupon offer. (No trouble at all using it.) We will return and bring friends with us next time.It looks like a great spot for happy hour and evening, too. Might even check out their other locations.