Review Highlights
Nice Public Park With Trail Down To Water

Reviewed 21 August 2018
pabirds
Philadelphia, PA
Quintessential PNW natural beauty in the city

Reviewed 27 July 2018
ericaf607
Seattle, Washington

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Seattle
from US$263.14
from US$14.95
from US$20.00
More Info
All reviews west seattle ferry dock puget sound zip line playground equipment wooded trails olympic range nice sunny day nice walk blake island olympic mountains alki beach great seattle picnic coleman stroll path
Reviewed 21 August 2018

This is a little off the beaten path, but a nice public park to enjoy with kids and pets. You can park on the street along the park's edge, although it was unclear to me whether the parking on the park side of the road was okay. We parked on the far side of the street in front of some houses. They have ball fields and some playground equipment and a few picnic tables. There are also some really great Douglas firs and a nice path that goes through the trees at the top of a cliff overlooking the southern finger of Elliot Bay. The path also switchbacks down to the shore line below. Bring some blankets and chill out!

Reviewed 27 July 2018

Lincoln Park is one of my favorite parks in Seattle and I visit often! Majestic trees, local Bald Eagles, jaw dropping views of the Olympics and nearby islands, ferry boats to watch, and local wildlife-- there is always something new to see and learn about.

The lacing trails along the shore and the forest make it the ideal location for quiet contemplation, getting in some exercise, a walk with a friend, or date with your partner. It is also a nice place to bring someone who has a long layover at the airport-- since it is only 20 minutes away, it is a great way to stretch their legs between flights and it perfectly captures the beauty of the PNW.

The park has many features. There are benches and picnic tables throughout, two playgrounds (one with a wading pool), sports fields, bathrooms, and the large Coleman swimming pool.

There are also reservable structures, both on the beach and by the playgrounds. We have enjoyed using these for parties and events over the years. Reservations are expected with Seattle Parks and Rec, but during the week and in the off season they are not always needed.

I have spent countless hours here with kids of all ages and there is something for everyone. The mix of playground equipment, open grassy spaces, and the natural terrain of the woods and beach invite a lot of imaginative play and hearty exercise.

One hidden gem our kids have enjoyed is the fire pit near the south playground. It is a nice place to gather with friends in the spring and fall with some marshmallows to warm up while playing in the cooler weather. There is another fireplace in a picnic structure on the beach. Bring your own wood.

An additional thing to note is that there is disabled parking next to the beach if you take the small road at the most southern end of the south parking lot. This is how we get our moms to the beach when they come to visit. It is the only flat easy way to access the beach.

Parking can be a problem on sunny weekend days. There are also sometimes car break-ins when there aren't many people around.You will sometimes find a very long line of cars for the ferry lined up next to the park, but they keep the entrances to the parking lots clear.

Lincoln Park is especially interesting to visit during low tides. The Seattle Aquarium has beach naturalist volunteers along the shore during summer low tides to assist the public. I've been one myself and encourage people to come explore!

Reviewed 28 June 2018

We celebrated a anniversary at this park BBQ and all. You must reserve through the parks dept for large parties. But the process is easy. We chose this park because you get the best of Seattle...forest and water. Keep in mind guest will need to cross the West Seattle bridge and that can be challenging during rush hour.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Lincoln Park which is one of Seattle’s largest park. Kids enjoyed the playgrounds, we also found a mini zipline that they could not stop wanting to ride more.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

Beautiful, extensive park with trails, kids play area, covered structures with BBQ's, on or above the beach. Truly beautiful, classically northwest. Parking can be tough on sunny days, but the visit will be worthwhile.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

Being less than a mile from my home, I'm able to drop by here whenever I wish. There are a lot of people who show up on sunny days. The first nice sunny day this Spring, the parking lot was full by 9am. The many trails running through the park give me enough variety so I'm never tired of coming here. I usually start out by walking along the trail at the far west side of the park, and when I reach the end of this trail, their is a trail leading down to the beach area. When you are at the bottom of the trail looking straight west you see Blake Island, Vashon Island, on the other side of Puget Sound on the peninsula. After Memorial Day, the saltwater swimming pool opens up, and stays open until Labor Day. The Ferry Dock to take people to and from Vashon Island is right next to the park. This does produce a bit of traffic. Cars backed up sometimes up to a mile and the end of the workday as people wait to take the Ferry back home on Vashon Island. This traffic is more a problem for the people taking the Ferry than for people visiting the park. This is a wonderful park in West Seattle.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

This park has a great variety of trails and facilities. Fantastic giant trees, shady paths, and excellent views of the Sound. Regret that I didnt have more time there. Limited parking in some sections.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

I guess I am biassed as I grew up a block from this wonderful park and my family still lives there. I can't begin to tell you all the trouble I got into in this park as a kid but, it was all well worth it! In the summer, Coleman pool is open to the public. fille with brackish water, it is a very refreshing day trip worth and one of my fondest memories.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Arrived in Seattle for a family visit and we took the new baby out to Lincoln park for a stroll. It was chilly (early January) but we got a partially sunny day. Watching the ferry depart across the sound, the Olympic range snowcapped in the background and the light shimmering across the water - it was simply gorgeous. We took a walk most of the way up toward Alki beach, where there had been a seal pup sighting and got to spend a few minutes watching him rest on the rocks. There is a conservation group that responds to seal sightings and cordons off the area to protect the seals (apparently the babies need a lot of rest and respite from the cold water). A fun way to get out and perfectly fine, despite a tiny drizzle. Lincoln Park itself has picnic tables and shelters available to rent and I'm told (by the family member living there) that it's quite popular during the warmer months. There is even a grassy area just back from the beach next to a playground where birthday parties for children are frequently taking place in the summer months. A simple, fun way to spend a day outdoors.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

Lincoln Park is a great Seattle park to visit in the fall. You get some spectacular walks through the woods and great mountain views and sunsets