“A Great Place With Everything Going For It”

Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Stadium
Ranked #16 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
“A Great Place With Everything Going For It”
Reviewed 29 March 2011

Having previously stayed here at the Silver Cloud Stadium, I am impressed each time I walk through the doors. The location is perfect for sporting events or other entertainment near Qwest and Safeco Fields. The rooms are well appointed and CLEAN. The place is never unkempt looking or in need of housekeeping. The restaurant, Jimmy's, is a first class establishment without the 5-star prices. The staff in Jimmy's are always courteous and we have never had a bad meal or service there. From the moment you check in with a vehicle in their covered parking garage, you get the feeling you are in a top notch place. The management and front desk staff get you through the checking process and can get you in your room in no time. I apologize if I sound like a shill for the Stadium SC, but I've stayed other places and got a lot less for a lot more. And treated like a leper doing it. General Manager Bill Weise and Front Office Manager Sara Vandandaigue are representing the Silver Cloud product as excellent people and I thank them for it. If you want a great time, go there. Get an inside room and enjoy!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank cityroute16

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vancouver
Reviewed 28 March 2011

The location is not really downtown. We tried to take a shuttle from the hotel @ 7:00pm after arriving but it was full until 9:30 pm (too late for dinner). We tried again to get back from the theater @ 11:15 pm but it stopped @ 11:00 pm. The room had two lights burnt out and we were trapped in an elevator for 10 minutes and walked down the stairs. (only 2 elevators). Checked on Sunday @ 11:00pm and had to wait 30 minutes for our car. (only 2 attendants). We felt sorry for the long line of people behind us. We will be staying somewhere else in the future.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank justravel
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 26 March 2011

My kids (4 year old and 6 year old), and my sister (16 year old) stayed there for a night while visiting Seattle. The front desk staff was wonderful, she even upgraded my room to the king suite. The kids enjoyed the outdoor roof top heated pool. We really enjoyed our stay. We will be staying there again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 March 2011

We stayed for a night in February. The hotel was very nice and in the prime stadium district. The hotel is recently renovated and I wish we would have stayed longer. The front desk allowed us to keep our luggage in a locked room while we wandered out for the day. Very nice! Would stay again.

Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 12 March 2011

The Silver Cloud is modern and clean with a nice staff. We won this property on Hotwire and it was totally worth the price we paid but, unless you're going to Safeco or Qwest Field, it's a little out of the downtown core, about 25 blocks south of Pike Place Market. Valet parking (a must since there's little to no street parking) is $22/day. The hotel runs a shuttle to downtown, which is handy.

The rooms come with a fridge, microwave and coffeemaker, always a big plus for me. A big wall-mounted tv is great but if you have 2 beds in your room one bed likely won't have a good view of the tv and the tv doesn't pivot. The bathroom was clean and spacious but the lighting was harsh and overly bright. No overhead lights exist in the room, which is a drag but typical of most modern hotels. The bed was firm and comfortable but the pillows were cheap and synthetic, none were fluffy. I travel a lot so I'm pickier than most, though!

If you pay less than $150 night you will likely be satisfied.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank tobeginwith
Oregon
Reviewed 20 February 2011

I'm not a light sleeper but was disappointed with the Silver Cloud Stadium's noise level. The hotel is constructed in a "U" shape with rooms facing either streets or an inner courtyard. Do not stay facing the streets. My father-in-law stayed in the inner courtyard room and said he heard "faraway" train horns. He was lucky. One building away from the property were trains switching at odd hours of the night (I assume servicing the container ships just behind them) with-did I mention-LOUD horns which woke even me during the night.
The property was nice. $22 to park(!) but a nice shuttle willing to take/pick up all over downtown. Overall pricey, but you are paying for the porximity to Qwest/Safeco Fields so if that's not needed, I think I'd stay elsewhere.
My wife's quote was she liked everything about the hotel (room, restaurant, bar, shuttle, bathrooms) but would she stay here again? NO!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank weloveRtrips
seattlehotelguy, General Manager at Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Stadium, responded to this review, 8 March 2011
Thank you for your comments concerning our hotel and the train noise from their horns. In the coming months, construction on the new tunnel will eliminate the trains, as they will be relocated away from that area. We do provide hotels on the opposite side of the hotel and we are sorry that you were not able to enjoy one of those rooms. We appreciate your comments and will strive to train our teams to help our guests have a peaceful night's sleep.
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed 27 January 2011

I recommend this hotel for value and location if attending event or have business in the area. The restaurant Jimmy's is super, fun clientele, super waitstaff. Complimentary wi-fi as well as courtesy van. I used the van once when the power was off for over 2 hours because of event out of the hotel's control.
Unfortunately, I found management lacking during the crisis and they made no effort to make guests comfortable while power was off and restaurant closed. Staff was huddled around the gas fireplace in the lobby and the only guest offer made was to show them where to walk up the stairs to enter room. Since the outage occurred from 11-1:30pm - the most frequent question was "where can i go to get something to eat?" I sat in the lobby for over an hour and it would have been a nice touch for the hotel to have offered hot beverages or a snack in the lobby.
At around 5pm when i returned, my room on the 6th floor had no heat. Engineering was called and they responded promptly by resetting a HVAC button in the closet.
Traffic noise, sirens were loud and my husband wore ear plugs to sleep. There is some sort of clean air window in the room but the clips were broken off so it was not soundproof. In spite of the issues, the room was comfortable, clean, in good shape - well the shower curtain was ripped but other than that for a hotel with high occupancy it was good value.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
We apologize for the power outage that occurred in the neighborhood. The construction in the area caused a power outage throughout the SoDo area. Unfortunately, the hotel’s systems were at the mercy of the local power company. We will review our training procedures to better handle and communicate the situation with our guests. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.