“Loved this hotel!”

Ranked #16 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Gardena, California
“Loved this hotel!”
Reviewed 28 May 2011

Couldn't ask for more if you want to attend a sporting event or the theater across the street. The restaurant, Jimmy's on First, had a nice menu selection, was reasonable, the food was good, and the service terrific. In an end room (yet facing the courtyard), we had a fabulous view of Safeco Field. Watching the stadium staff get ready for the game and the music playing just added to the sports ambience; we couldn't wait until our game started.

Also took full advantage of the shuttle service to either 5 or 6 tourist destinations downtown. The shuttle runs every 1/2 hour from the lobby, and when you're ready to be brought home, just give them a phone call and they will pick you up within 10 minutes...maybe less.

The room had adequate storage and hanging space. Was nice to have a separate bedroom with big screen TV from the living area. Love having a frig and microwave, too. The bathroom was particularly nice...a huge walk-in shower and a vanity with "cubbies" to put toiletries out of the way so the cleaning staff could do their thing. Some hotel vanities are so crowded you have no room for your stuff; this one was fabulous. Lots of towels, too, and plenty of room for 2 people to be in there at the same time. I think I miss the bathroom most, lol.

The staff was very helpful, and we never had a problem using the business center computer and printer. We were so busy, we were always too tired to use the fitness center, but did check them out. There are two treadmills with TVs attached which was cool, so no fighting for the remote as in some other hotels. Also checked out the roof pool and hot tub, but didn't use them; too cold while we were there, but they were nice.

The hotel is not located directly downtown, but the shuttle makes up for that, so if your main plan is to attend one of the nearby stadiums, I HIGHLY recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank LAsoozq

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 20 May 2011

This is a great place to stay, with the location right across from Safeco Field, and I have and will continue to stay there. However, for a higher end Hotel and the extra you have to pay for it, the sleeper sofas in the suites are disgusting. You are better off to just get another room instead of subjecting yourself to a horrible nights sleep. I have talked to the management about and nothing has been done.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 May 2011

We stayed at the Silver Cloud overnight before catching Amtrak to Vancouver for an Alaskan cruise. I chose this hotel because of it's proximity to King Street Station and reviews I had read on Trip Advisor. I was not disappointed! The hotel is beautiful. Front desk personnel were cordial and upgraded us to a suite without my asking. There was a ballgame that night and I was a little concerned about noise from the stadium, but for no reason. My Husband was too keyed up to just relax, so he chose to go to the game while I grabbed a sandwich from a stand by the stadium and returned to our suite to check my e-mail and shower. The only noise I heard were muffled cheers when Seattle scored. The suite was huge and had everything you could ever need. There was a bar area, mini-fridge, microwave and coffee maker, an iron and ironing board, robes, lots of pillows and a very comfortable bed. The free wi-fi was fast and easy to figure out the chairs and sofa in the living area were comfortable and I could actually see the playing field. The bathroom had a tub with shower and a large walk-in shower and lots of thick fluffy towels and nice quality soap.

I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone visiting Seattle. They also offer a shuttle around town.

Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank grana103
Pepperell, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 May 2011

Hotel was a very easy walk from the Amtrak station, passing around the stadium. The restaurant on site was nice to have, as there was not much within easy walking distance of the hotel - except for the Pyramid Brewery which was great! The hotel was extremely busy on the weekend and quite loud due to an event at the stadium that weekend. But overall during the week it was quiet and comfortable. The hotel shuttle was beyond helpful. I was able to go into downtown and visit the shops, the Space Needle and Pike Place Market for free. Staff was extremely friendly and arranged my transportation to the airport with no issues.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Salsadancer146
Mercer Island, Washington
Reviewed 1 May 2011

We stayed here on a non-game night, so it was relatively quiet. The hotel is literally right across the street from Safeco Field. You could walk there in about 30 seconds, but no doubt it would be pretty loud on a game night.

Our room was a decent size, was well-decorated, and contained a small but empty refrigerator (no mini bar per se). The king bed was comfortable and there was coffee in the room (but no bottled water). Vending machines were on the same floor. The hotel had a nice ambience -- I'd compare it to a Hyatt ... not as nice as something like a Westin but definitely a step up from a Holiday Inn.

The bar downstairs, Jimmy's, is standing room only on game nights but the night we were there, there were only 7 or 8 people there around 9 pm on a Friday night. Drinks were good and there was an interesting variety of cocktails. We had breakfast in the restaurant the next morning and it was also very good. The corned beef has was obviously homemade.

Room Tip: We stayed in 411, which had a view of Safeco Field
Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank EmeraldCityWA
Brookville, Ohio, USA
Reviewed 9 April 2011

My husband and I got a great rate for this hotel through priceline. The hotel is located across the street from Safeco field, far from downtown. However the hotel offers a shuttle service to all of the major tourist attractions downtown. My family was there for two days and we did not have to get the car out once. The shuttle picked us up and dropped us off every place we wanted to go. The longest we had to wait for a pickup was 15 mins.

The cost for valet service is reasonable at $22 per night. Internet is free in the business center--which is a huge plus. Overall we had a great stay.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank BrookeChandler
Reviewed 29 March 2011

Having previously stayed here at the Silver Cloud Stadium, I am impressed each time I walk through the doors. The location is perfect for sporting events or other entertainment near Qwest and Safeco Fields. The rooms are well appointed and CLEAN. The place is never unkempt looking or in need of housekeeping. The restaurant, Jimmy's, is a first class establishment without the 5-star prices. The staff in Jimmy's are always courteous and we have never had a bad meal or service there. From the moment you check in with a vehicle in their covered parking garage, you get the feeling you are in a top notch place. The management and front desk staff get you through the checking process and can get you in your room in no time. I apologize if I sound like a shill for the Stadium SC, but I've stayed other places and got a lot less for a lot more. And treated like a leper doing it. General Manager Bill Weise and Front Office Manager Sara Vandandaigue are representing the Silver Cloud product as excellent people and I thank them for it. If you want a great time, go there. Get an inside room and enjoy!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple