“Surprised”

Ranked #16 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Post Falls, Idaho
“Surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

We booked through Hotwire and were very disappointed that the hote we ended up with was across the street from Safeco Field. Once we checked in, however, our disappointment turned to delight. We had a large three room suite with great views and nicely appointed. The front desk staff were very helpful; the shuttle driver GREAT and the restaurant/bar, Jimmy's, was okay. We had a car (recommended) and enjoyed the close proximity to the ferries, downtown and art galleries. This is an up and coming area and will be really nice eventually.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank IDWiner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Portland, Or
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

The very best spot if you're a game fan. Walking distance to Safeco and Century Link. Friendly and accomadating staff. If you arrive early or want to spend abit extra time before departing just asked to have your bags checked. Grab a Washington Apple for a healthy snack. You won't be disappointed with this property, but if you are pick up the phone an call we did have one unsatisfactory room and were quickly changed to another.

Room Tip: Upper floor away from the elevator to reduce outside party noise and inside party noise
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank parisbynite
Lincoln City, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

Wonderful friendly and fast check-in with great valet service. Autumn decor colors and sunny yellow walls with not too much dark woods create a warm room. Wall to wall window gives plenty light and the window even opens a bit! A large wet bar surface and seattle coffee made snacks and drinks prep easy. Free wi-fi worked well. Great comfy bed and aircon made the room real cosy. No noise disturbance at all. I liked the added card access lift security and in-room safe. We walked 1st ave downtown a number of times and did use the free shuttle service as well (when it's cold and raining). Check out was again super slick.
This hotel is an obvious choice for safeco and century link fields events but there would be great for general tourism as well. There's a lot of other action besides events.
A visit to Jimmy's rstaurant is just one of these.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Lloyd W
Washington Island, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013 via mobile

The hotel is fine, the restaurant is fine, but no pets are allowed on the premises, not even in our own car in their parking lot. Pet owners should be aware of this. We had to park our car, with our dog in the back of the car, down the street in an open parking lot. Our dog is fine with spending the night in the car, but we would rather her be in the hotel covered parking than on the street.

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
seattlehotelguy, General Manager at Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Stadium, responded to this review, 25 January 2013
Thank you for your comments concerning our pet policy and your dog. I apologize that we do not allow non-service animals in the hotel, for the comfort and safety of our guests. We appreciate your understanding and we are happy that you found our hotel and restaurant enjoyable and fine. Thank you for staying with us.
Missoula, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

My stay at this hotel felt exceptionally short, but there were some things I liked. The front desk associates were some of the nicest I've ever encountered. They make sure all the bases are covered. I inevitably have to call down for wireless info, etc., but not one question was left unanswered by this team! My room was very clean and had nice amenities. I did not use any of the food outlets, but I kind of wish I had. Jimmy's on 1st smelled delicious in the morning. The room was quiet and the fitness center was nice. It was too cold for rooftop swimming, unfortunately.

As other reviewers have mentioned, it's so close to the stadium, the Pyramid brewery, and some other little restaurants and bars. It's definitely not downtown, but it's a quick trip. I also was able to catch a shuttle in the morning to the Starbucks center, which was super convenient.

There were two things that I was a bit disappointed with. First was the bedding. They are, unfortunately, still using comforters and the fuzzy blankets. I much prefer the triple sheeting with either the poly fill comforters or down. I'm much more comfortable and they feel much cleaner. I also noticed a few funny maintenance issues. They weren't a huge deal, so I didn't report them.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank detdanielle
Thank you for your comments about your stay with us. We are glad that you liked the hotel and the restaurant. I appreciate your comments about our bedding package and we found that the comforter and sheet set up works best for our guest because we launder daily to ensure a fresh, clean, comfortable experience for every guest, every time. We do have additional linens available for our guest, upon request. We also encourage our guests to inform us of any item in the room that we can address to make their stay more enjoyable, no matter how small. We appreciate your help in our goal to improve our hotel and service each and every day. Thank you.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2013

This was a great hotel with a great staff. We asked for a few things to be brought up to the room and the service was prompt.
Heated pool and hot tub were awesome. Great view from the 9th floor.
If you were going to a game in Seattle this would be the place to stay!
We only used the shuttle once as we didn't mind the 20 min walk to Pike's Market.
We went thru Hotwire and got a great deal, and I would suggest using the that site to book if possible.
The going rate for a room there is a fairly steep.
We would return and also recommend this hotel!

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank A C
Spokane, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2013

Stayed here the last time we went to a game (it is only worth it if you are going to a game) the staff has made me decide to never go back first off the night manager (Michelle) is out of control she tried to say we were going to be fined $250 for smoking when I told her it was not from our room she said to bad I am fining you anyways after that she sent a bell hop up to our room to break in when she saw us in the lobby I saw her send him up there thank god and followed him and actually caught him going into my room. I contacted the guest service manager (should have called the police) to tell him what happend he told me he would get back to me and he never did. This hotel is in a crappy area of town, the service is horriable if not crimanal and it is way over priced. If you do decide to stay here beware. I will not be going back!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank D F
seattlehotelguy, General Manager at Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Stadium, responded to this review, 30 January 2013
We are sorry that you felt that your experience was not up to the level that you expected. Our hotel is a 100% non-smoking hotel and all of our guests sign a "non-smoking" policy upon checkin which clearly stipulates the penalty for smoking in our guest rooms. We strictly enforce this policy for the comfort and health of all guests, and to clean and deodorize the room after guests violate this policy. With our investigation, it was noted that a member of your party did smoke illegal substances in our hotel and freely admitted it to our staff. As the responsible party that signed the registration card, you were responsible for everyone in your room, including your guests. I am sorry that you do not agree with our policies. We did reverse off the charges so you were not charged the fee. Thank you.