“Great location, very clean”

Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Stadium
Ranked #14 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Hartford, Connecticut
“Great location, very clean”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Can't get any closer to the stadium! The stadium facing room was very noisy with train horns and road noise due to the type of window venting. Our inside room was much quieter. Very nice rooms. Restaurant was good, and the lounge area was great before the game.

Room Tip: Stay away from stadium facing rooms if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Eastsound, Washington
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I had room problems that reduced my star rating of the hotel. I appreciated being put on the top floor, but the air conditioning in my room barely worked on the hottest day on record. The staff checked it but couldn't explain-or fix-the problem. After a very uncomfortable night they apologized at checkout without offering me anything but thanks. Other than that I found the staff friendly and personable, and the rooms clean but small.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
seattlehotelguy, General Manager at Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Stadium, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for your comments about your room and the problem that you experienced with the air conditioning. Our maintenance staff prides itself on maintaining guests rooms to their peak comfort and functionality. I am sorry that you experienced a problem with the unit. Please contact the hotel so that we can discuss the specifics of the situation. Thank you.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I chose this hotel specifically because I was working at CenturyLink Field for a couple of days. For convenience to CenturyLink and Safeco Fields it can't be beat. You walk across the street and you're there. If you stay at this hotel, it should be for that reason. Don't stay here expecting great access to downtown restaurants and tourist activities. If that's what you're after, go to a different hotel.

When I checked-in and headed upstairs I discovered that my room was right next to the elevator. I immediately headed back to the front desk and asked for a different room. The response was exactly what one would hope for. They pleasantly found me a different room, no questions asked, and I was back upstairs in a matter of minutes. I also cancelled the last night of my planned three-night stay, which was not a problem at all.

I was concerned that the place might get loud and rowdy after a game, but there was a Mariners vs. Red Sox game my second night there and my fears proved unfounded.

Yes, you have to pay for parking in their garage, but I found this neither surprising nor unusual in downtown Seattle.

The room was comfortable and clean. I had one meal in their restaurant, which I enjoyed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Oro Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I've stayed here many times and always have a good experience. The staff is always helpful, cheerful and friendly. The concierge service has been very helpful with transportation and sight seeing. The van gets me to great shopping. Love Jimmies on First - good food with a creative menu.

1 Thank Kay W
Kennewick, United States
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I booked a suite to sleep 6. I thought it would be nice to be so close to the Mariners game. Suite was tiny, we got 1 king bed and a pull out sofa. We had 6 people. We went to breakfast at The next morning. Took 2 hours to get seated, eat, and get check. And after all that all I got was I am sorry we were really booked last night. We should have stayed at the Embassy Suites. Half the price, much more room and a free breakfast!!! I would not recommend this place to anyone, I don't care how close to the stadium is was. Never again.

• Stayed June 2014
seattlehotelguy, General Manager at Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Stadium, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
I apologize that you were not happy with your room. Most of our guests love the proximity and access from the hotel to the stadiums and the amenities. Please contact the hotel so we can discuss the specifics of your stay. We hope to win you back. Thank you.
Orlando
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My colleague and I travelled to Seattle to attend an event that was being held across the street from this property, so for that reason the location was ideal. That said, when I first entered the property (and then my room in particular), I was not overly enamored of the color scheme, so I was lukewarm about the prospect of staying there for 3 days. My opinion quickly changed. The beds were sooooo comfy & you could not ask for a more accommodating, kind, thoughtful staff. Five stars!!! And, Jimmy's on First, the restaurant on the street level of the property, had reasonably priced fantastic food every time I dined there. How often can you say that about a hotel restaurant, especially in a city where we dined at many fabulous spots? A real bonus: the hotel shuttle, which you can book in advance to ferry you to many popular locations. If you want to stay closer to the waterfront, this "chain" has two other properties located elsewhere in Seattey. Give this place a second look--the people here make it worthy your while.

Room Tip: My room faced 1st Avenue--very noisy. Choose a room on the other side of the property.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TheWriteStuff
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 27 June 2014

For 2 years in a row we've stayed here for the United Way All Star Softball Classic at Safeco Field. We get 2 corner suites which are set-up nicely for families: separate bedroom, sleeper-sofa, multiple TVs (we didn't watch anything), coffee area, microwave and small fridge. The free wifi worked seamlessly. Jimmy's on First is fantastic, but so is room service! Yummy and fast! We only wish they served the Quinoa & Berries on the Weekend Brunch menu. Trust me - the chicken slider sandwiches are a must have. Late night Happy Hour at Jimmy's has a good variety of food & beverage very reasonably priced. The heated pool was a little chilly for outdoor in June, but the view is superb - and the jacuzzi nice and hot. All in all, a wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: Corner suites have great views of Safeco Field. We were on 6th floor; it was very quiet.
1 Thank Catherine S