“A nice stop”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Tasting Room

The Tasting Room
Ranked #5 of 216 Nightlife in Seattle
More attraction details
Owner description: The Tasting Room offers the best of Washington's viticultural bounty in an old world-style wine bar. Located in the heart of the historic Pike Place Market, we provide an oasis for travelers and locals alike, seven days a week. Presenting only winemaker owned wineries, we provide our patrons with over 60 different wines to taste daily. Currently we are serving selections from Camaraderie Cellars, Locus Wines, Naches Heights Vineyard, Nota Bene Cellars, Willis Hall Winery, Wilridge Winery and Treveri Cellars. Tasting flights (selections of four one-ounce pours) are available for $10 and all wines are available by the glass with prices ranging form $5 to $15. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff is delighted to help you with your choices. We also offer a selection of small plates to compliment our wines.
Springfield, Missouri
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A nice stop”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

My wife and I stopped in while walking around like the tourist do in Seattle on a Saturday night. We had good service and a pleasant atmosphere. I had a wine flight and enjoyed the variety.

Visited June 2013

Johannesburg, South Africa
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great place to sample local wines just above Pike Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

I hope I've got the right place!! I recognise the reviews below, but not the 'owner's description' ("views"?). Owned by a number of local wineries who present a great selection of wines in tailor-made flights presented by knowledgable staff (often the winemakers themselves). You are encouraged to linger (board games available). Tables outside in attractive alley should the rain abate!

Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 150 helpful votes
“Difficult to rate”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

We went there twice on a recent trip to Seattle. The first time the service was somewhat slow but we tried some good wines and had a nice time. The second visit we sat outside, told two people working that we were out there, waited 20 minutes and finally left after never getting waited on. One server was inside waiting on people while another (the one we first told we were outside) joined some customers with a glass of wine and sat one table away from us the whole time we waited. !?

Canton, Ohio
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Nice time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

My husband and I stopped in after walking around the market. It was a nice time. A large variety of wine choices and the wines we had were very good.
The only reason I did not give it five stars was that our server was pretty darn arrogant. Stuffy and not very helpful. It was not busy, so I cannot give him that excuse. We were just hoping for more direction and info on the wines as opposed to attitude.
I would definitely return as the wines are worth the trip.

NJ
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great Staff and Good Wine Choices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

I didn't have the time on this trip to head out to the wine trail so I thought that this would be a good way to taste some local wines while in Seattle. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the wine selection was quite large. They offer recommended flights or you can create your own flight. You can order by the glass or bottle. Great location right in the center of the marketplace and quaint and clean interior. I highly recommend a visit to The Tasting Room if you are visiting Seattle.

Visited April 2013