“Great Washington Wines”
Review of The Tasting Room

The Tasting Room
Ranked #5 of 218 Nightlife in Seattle
More attraction details
Owner description: The Tasting Room offers the best of Washington's viticultural bounty in an old world-style wine bar. Located in the heart of the historic Pike Place Market, we provide an oasis for travelers and locals alike, seven days a week. Presenting only winemaker owned wineries, we provide our patrons with over 60 different wines to taste daily. Currently we are serving selections from Camaraderie Cellars, Locus Wines, Naches Heights Vineyard, Nota Bene Cellars, Willis Hall Winery, Wilridge Winery and Treveri Cellars. Tasting flights (selections of four one-ounce pours) are available for $10 and all wines are available by the glass with prices ranging form $5 to $15. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff is delighted to help you with your choices. We also offer a selection of small plates to compliment our wines.
Reviewed 13 October 2013

My friend and I sat outside on a warm sunny day in Seattle. We shared a bottle of the Willridge Rose which was quite tasty and cost about $22 It was great playing tourist in my own town without breaking the bank.

1  Thank MelissaBallistic

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Went to Seattle to try the local wines. Was pointed in the direction of The Tasting Room in Post Alley. The 10 dollar tasting sounded reasonable with the option to choose the wines of interest.
However I clearly visited at the wrong time...there were a number of locals in at the same time and the staff were only interested in them.I was given no added information and was only asked was I ready to try the next wine!
Wouldn't bother to go there again...walk down onto the waterfront and go to Lost River Winery...really informative and friendly staff.

1  Thank aichii
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My husband and I visited The Tasting Room on a sunny Sunday afternoon. We both enjoy wine and frequent local wine bars and tasting rooms often. While The Tasting Room serves nice pours and wine flights the customer service and food is lacking. Our cheese plate was way overpriced. It had 3 small pieces of cheese, some basic crackers and that was it, it almost looked like a kid cut the pieces. The server barely spoke to us, and was not interested in all about telling us about the various wineries represented. I think we would have had a better experience having a glass of Washington wine at a nearby restaurant then this place.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

They are in the Post Alley right next to Kells Irish Pub and across from the Pink Door. I highly recommend a stop in here before or after eating at the Pink Door if your in the market area. Our hostess gave us great wine tours on each of her pours through the flights. Absolutely loved the Cab Franc and went ahead and bought a bottle to enjoy back in hotel room. She was very knowledgeable, and informative on Washington State wines. Highly recommend !

Reviewed 24 July 2013

My wife and I stopped in while walking around like the tourist do in Seattle on a Saturday night. We had good service and a pleasant atmosphere. I had a wine flight and enjoyed the variety.