“Good place to get out of the rain and crowd watch.”
Review of Oliver's Lounge

Oliver's Lounge
Ranked #30 of 217 Nightlife in Seattle
More attraction details
Owner description: Oliver's Lounge is open seven days a week, 11:30am to 2:00am. Lunch is also served seven days a week, 11:30am to 2:30pm. Complimentary Happy Hour appetizers are served Monday through Saturday. As Washington state's first daylight bar, with floor to ceiling pained glass windows, Oliver's Lounge provides the perfect setting for a northwest nibble or a hearty, classic lunch. Locals and tourists alike are attracted to this timeless room as they soak in the Seattle scene and dine on fresh, northwest favorites.
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Classy lounge-type bar. Too pricey for riff raff so mostly tourists and well heeled locals. Not a great happy hour because drinks are not discounted, only some free buffet bar food (nachos, crab rangoon the night we were there but neither was very memorable). Friendly bartenders who obviously know their stuff and easy to have a conversation with. Windows on two sides make it easy to people watch while providing a warm place to get out of the weather. Cheaper drinks available anywhere else in town but nice atmosphere none-the-less.

1  Thank maxtraveler2
There are newer reviews for Oliver's Lounge

Reviewed 17 November 2012

Great service, wonderful classic drinks...made me a great sidecar! Love the warmth and ambience. Great happy hour!

1  Thank brookebrian
Reviewed 31 October 2012

On the recommendation of our Savor Seattle - Gourmet Seattle food tourguide (Nick), we decided to go there after the tour. Actually, we tried the Alexis Hotel Library Bar first, then walked over to sample old school drinks and Absinthe (the real stuff). We were very tired, not hungry (due to the wonderful food on the tour), but ready to try Absinthe. Actually, my daughter had the Absinthe and watched as the bartender did the ritual with burning the sugar cube, etc. I had another type of tall drink (forget the name, but sure it was an old fashioned type of drink). They were really good and very strong. Atmosphere was posh, elegant...something out of the 30's or 40's. Would definitely go there again.

2  Thank toadsoup
Reviewed 13 June 2012

This place was highly recommended to us by a friend. Immediately on stepping inside, I thought, So this is what I thought being an adult would be like! (And I'm well into my dotage!)
The staff is wonderful, we were brought water and peanuts and menus immediately upon our sitting down. Then I had the best martini EVER. Wonderful. We were having such a good time, we decided to have a bite (since I'd already seen good reviews here at TripAdvisor!). We got fettucini with clams, mussels, and tomatoes. It was really good, a lovely surprise!
Don't miss Oliver's!

1  Thank Suitcasereadied
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I've eaten here for years and I'm a local with many choices. Today my server, Kim, just gave a lovely couple a bit extra wine plus a glass on her for the wife's birthday. The bartender akways gives great tourist advice. Typical! Old world elegance in a fast-paced world.

1  Thank LadykatherineSeattle