“Hotel 1000? Hotel DELUXE!”

Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle
Ranked #12 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Nairobi, Kenya
“Hotel 1000? Hotel DELUXE!”
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Listen to me. I used to live in Seattle, so I know what I'm talking about. When I used to live there, I was a penniless student living in honest poverty, gazing into the street front shop windows and hotel lobbies of four star establishments. I wondered what it would be like to be rich, but thought I'd never have the chance. Twenty years later, I returned to Seattle like a prodigal son, but with some cash in my pocket. I wanted to splash out on an extravagant little holiday with my girlfriend, but not empty that pocket. I found a 4 night deal on the internet with Hotel 1000 and made my reservation. I was not disappointed. They gave us a great view of the sunset over the Olympic Mountains and only a few blocks from the waterfront. I was able to wander the streets and visit my old haunts (especially Belltown), but with a difference. I was able to return to the tasteful, low key cool of Hotel 1000, instead of a studio apartment with a Murphy bed in the wall (remember those?).. Now who was looking in? The staff were great: attentive, respectful, and sophisticated - no haggling over whether you had that extra bottle of sparkling water out of the mini-bar or not. The room was terrific with a bath to die for. The location of the hotel was perfect and within easy walking distance of shopping, great eateries, and the Pike Place Market. We ate out every night in some seafood restaurant we fancied just by passing by. For four days we lived a dream of Luxe before returning to our middle income ways. Affordable and highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (484)
  • Korean first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 30 July 2011

My stay here was almost 1 year ago so do keep in mind that the information is a bit dated. I chose the hotel as it was rated #1 on TA. Family was going on an Alaska cruise leaving Seattle and we were there 2 nights before the cruise.

The hotel is in downtown Seattle, pretty well located. Keep in mind parking costs extra. Around 30 bucks a night and that was last year. The hotel wifi was free. The hotel is very modern and has pretty good technology. The room was very modern. The phone and TV in the room were really high tech. Staff was very nice. The gym is good; they also have a spa. But no pool and my 8 year old was disappointed.

We were returning back on the cruise to Seattle after a week and the hotel stored our luggage. We paid around $260+ per night. There maybe other options in Seattle but expect to pay something similar as hotel rooms are expensive in Seattle downtown area.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank VCG
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 July 2011

The staff's commitment to their guests was beyond our imagination. Every employee at this hotel is wired in and able to communicate with each other instantly. No detail goes unnoticed. Between the time we pulled up to the hotel entrance and the time we arrived at the front desk everybody already knew our name (and everytime we passed an employee-well OK, almost everytime, we were recognized by using our name.) We were offered champagne, the concierge offered his assistance, the check-in clerk was efficient and more than attentive. Before you knew it we were in our room with all of our bags.

I find it difficult to describe the room other than to say it left us excited to be there. We really didn't want to leave.

The restaurant is located off the main lobby. We usually try to avoid hotel restaurants but this one was designed on the cutting edge and serves excellent food with the service we'd come to expect. Can't wait to return to Seattle just to stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a western exposure (waterfront); it's amazing!!
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 27 July 2011

My family and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Nines - the rooms were big and spacious and they had the coolest bathtub with water coming down from the ceiling! The staff and the concierge were all very friendly and the property is centrally located within walking distance to Pike's place, Chinatown, etc.. Definitely worth going back to.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Incredible Hotel! My wife and I topped off out vacation this year with 2 nights at the Hotel 1000. I'm an airline pilot with a major 'American Airline' (get it?) and stay at a lot of international destinations. This hotel tops any place I've ever stayed. Fantastic room period! I'm not too sure that this would be such a great hotel for families because it's truly set up for couples IMHO. The over sized bathtub is a lot of fun. It has an shade that raises and lowers so if your up for a little excitement with your significant other and you've ever been to Amsterdam then I'm sure you'll get some ideas. The staff is WAY beyond any group I've dealt with. Whoever hires for this hotel needs to be commended. They truly seem to like what they do. It makes a world of difference and it shows. We wanted for nothing except to not have to leave in the morning of the second night. The prices can vary widely on particular nights so make sure you do some web searches to save some money.

Bottom line: Top Notch!

Room Tip: Do a good web search including their website. This can be a very affordable or very expensive for t...
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Here is my honest review:

PROS: The location was great, the service was fantastic, they even greeted us with champagne, it was classy, and the restaurant's food was very good.

CONS: I was on a weekend retreat with a date and felt uncomfortable in the room. There was very little privacy and the bathroom left little to the imagination. I actually had to use the facilities downstairs. It seems the architecture sacrificied comfort for modern decore. The remote didnt really work and they tried to fix it but the TV was slow.

Overpriced! For $500 + I expected a much better room. It was small and the luxury view wasnt all that. Not like the picture on the website. Disappointed

The manager and staff was Very responsive and nice.

Overall - I would have rather stayed at the four seasons or will stay somewhere else next time.

2 Thank jmtolerico
Tacoma
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Being a Seattle native staying the night in downtown is still always a treat. Whether for business or pleasure, a little city staycation is always a fabulous! So where's is my go to spot in town - none other then Hotel 1000! Treating the girls to a night out in Seattle and staying in a luxe city scape room at Hotel 1000 always leaves me feeling like an A-Lister. From the attentive and gentlemanlike valet to a consistent warm welcome and flute of champagne at check-in, Hotel 1000 sets the tone for a fabulous first impression. The guest rooms are definitely something to talk about, I love every aspect of the spacious rooms. From the tiled bath room with water flowing from the ceiling into the bath tub to a very tech savvy detailed electronic ready room for all your gadgets. I can never get over how impeccable the property manages to keep their rooms - very nice. The Hotel and BOKA have really thought of all the necessary details to treating guests to an amazing stay, that is definitely how I feel when I am staying. Time and time again the overall feel is VIP yet very cozy. On this occasion and future occasions when the girls feel like treating themselves to a little R&R or for a Girls Night Out in Seattle we definitely will keep coming back to Hotel 1000.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends