“Fantastic Place with Phenominal Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hotel 1000
Ranked #11 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Arnold, Maryland
“Fantastic Place with Phenominal Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

This was a fantastic hotel. THe valets, counter staff, housekeepers, (well, everone!) was friendly, helpful and spent as much time talking to you as you wanted. All the extra touches (like when you get your car from the valet, they put chilled water bottles in the cup holders) really make the stay enjoyable. The fitness center is great and the spa prices are reasonable for a tourist area. Pike Place Market is a bit of an uphill walk but not too far. The food and shops around Pioneer Square are really close. Definately recommend the 1000!

Room Tip: No real need to pay for the "Waterside" view. There is a building that blocks most of the...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Denny F, General Manager at Hotel 1000, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and writing the excellent comment on your stay with us. yes- the chilled bottles of water in the car are a hit!!!

I see you are from Maryland- you really came cross country.

Hope you will stay with us again when your travel plans bring you back to the Great Pacific Northwest. Thanks also for the comment that you will recommend us.

Much appreciated,

Denny Fitzpatrick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (481)
  • Korean first
Inland Northwest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

I came for an overnight stay in March 2011 to catch a concert at Neumo's with my best friend. The staff was exceptionally friendly, from valet to reception. We were offered a glass of champagne upon arrival, and when mentioning our plans for the evening, the valet offered to drive us (and pick us up) to the venue in the hotel car, as no one had arranged to use it, and we wouldn't have to bother with parking. I was beyond impressed with the service and consideration offered, which doesn't happen often! The room was gorgeous, I loved all of the detail, the luxury (sumptuous beds, and the bathroom!) and they were impeccably clean. I wish I would have brought my boyfriend instead! ;) I won't stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: Specify if you want the room with the ceiling mounted tub spout!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Nicolette,

What a wonderful overview that you wrote about my staff and your stay. Delighted that you had a wonderful stay and that you said you will return.

Hope you come soon and often- especially since you are from the Inland Northwest.

Thanks again,

Oslo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

I stayed here on business with my fiance for 5 nights. As it was mostly for business, but also with my fiance, I feel comfortable rating the hotel for couples and for business travelers -- perfect for both.

In short, this hotel was fantastic. The room (a standard room with 2 queen beds) was huge and well appointed. There was a mini bar, ample closet space, an iron/ironing board, a large bathroom with separate tub and shower, and the usual TV with cable, though the cable selection seemed pretty extensive. Incidentally, I found the lighting in the bathroom to be excellent. No harsh down lighting, but rather soft but ample lighting from both sides of the mirror; this makes shaving so much easier and has me rethinking my bathroom lighting at home.

The real joy of this hotel was the staff's commitment to providing good customer service. Excellent customer service, actually. No request was too large or too small. Every question/request I had was given full consideration and was met to my complete satisfaction.

Stay here. Sometimes you get what you pay for, at Hotel 1000 you really do.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank GoatNamedEric
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful overview of your 5 night stay with us.

I hope we created many memories for you and your fiance while you were with us.

Hope you will return whenever your travel plans bring you back to Seattle.

best regards,

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

This hotel was the best hotel I've ever stayed in, and I travel a lot. They were excellent at being attentive to EVERYTHING. I was offered a glass of champagne upon arrival. When I retrieved my car from valet parking, each time they placed two fresh bottles of water in the vehicle and buckled me in. When they found out it was my birthday, they sent up a box of handmade truffles, a rose and a coupon for two drinks at Boka, which by the way, had the most interesting, creative and delicious drink menu I've ever seen. Bottles and bottles of infused vodka, jalapeno, ginger, you name it. The staff was absolutely falling over themselves to help us in any way we asked. I will definitely stay at Hotel 1000 again if I am in the area. It was centrally located and worth every cent. When I realized I overbooked for a day and was past the cancellation time, they graciously excused the charge. Wow! Hotel 1000 you and you staff rock!

Room Tip: My room was one "without a view" but when we got in it, the reflection from the window on...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank PaulaEstefan
Denny F, General Manager at Hotel 1000, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
Dear Paula,

What a treat reading your trip advisor review (while i was drinking coffee)..

I am delighted to read that we made "memories" while you were here.

Thanks for making note of the many "touch points" throughout the hotel while you were with us.

Hope you will stay soon and often...

Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

My wife and I chose the Hotel 1000 for our three-night stay in Seattle after reading overwhelmingly glowing reviews of the property. We booked a package that included valet parking and breakfast and a drink at Boka, the hotel’s restaurant. I agree with what most reviewers have stated – the hotel is ideally located for exploring the city, guests are greeted with sparkling wine at check-in, the concierge team is knowledgeable and helpful, everyone is very friendly and does their best to accommodate requests, and the rooms look very nice. Further, we were given a complimentary upgrade to a room with a view of the water.

I should mention that, while we had booked a three-night stay with the hotel, we checked out after two nights because of problems with the air conditioning and with the televisions in two different rooms. Since I don’t want to make this one of those reviews in which a reviewer harshly criticizes a hotel for a single and probably unique problem, I would like to point out that everyone from the front desk personnel to the engineers to the managers all did their best to remedy the issues, and eventually offered to credit back a night’s room and tax when they could not – an offer that was greatly appreciated.

The Hotel 1000 is a very nice boutique hotel and, but for the issues we had with the air conditioning and televisions, we would have truly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Bearsfan,

Thank you for taking to the time to write to me regarding your stay and for mentioning the areas that were a concern.

I am glad I had the opportunity to talk with you while you were on the curb waiting for your car.

Thank you for your understanding and that you mentioned you would return should you come back to the Seattle area.

If so- please email me directly and the second time will be much more "memorable"

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

I had the great pleasure of staying in the Pacific Northwest in both Portland and Seattle and loved it. Bright sunshine, friendly people and great food. One of my highlights was Seattle and staying at Hotel 1000. The facility is crisp and fresh, the restaurant offers excellent food and once they knew I had a love for Bourbon offred a tasting. Every employee I encountered was upbeat, on top of their game and passionate about service. It all starts with leadership and Denny Fitzpatrick has them pumped up with a commitment to service. My stay was flawless from the arrival to a departure I wished could have been delayed. Way to go Hotel 1000.

Room Tip: I dont think they have rooms that are not top drawer
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Micarl H
Denny F, General Manager at Hotel 1000, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
Dear Mr. Hill,

What a pleasure reading your trip advisor review this morning. My staff is thrilled to read that you felt the "are pumped" ready to make memories with each and every guest.
Thank you for staying with us and hope you return soon and often...

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

I just returned from a 3 day stay in Seattle at Hotel 1000 with my sons, ages 14 and 12. Everything about the experience was outstanding. The location is perfect for restaurants, the Pike Place Market and the waterfront. The staff from the front desk , the bell attendants and the concierge could not have been more helpful and accommodating. The hotel dining was very good and the facility is just amazing. The rooms are elegant and have both a comfortable and luxurious feel. All the amenities are excellent and the service is 5 Star in every way. I have stayed in Hotels in many countries and all over the United States, and I have never had a better overall experience anywhere.

I had never been to Seattle before, and now plan to return again in large part due to my experience at Hotel 1000. I will not stay anywhere else upon my return.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Dear Mark,

what a delight reading your review and that you had a wonderful- (hopefully memorable) time with your sons in Seattle and Hotel 1000.
My staff reads these reviews and to read that you will only stay with us when you return to Seattle is the icing on the cake.

Thanks for taking the time to write your very kind words about us.