Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
3,104 results
All reviewsboka restaurantvirtual golfhotel experienceturn down servicesoaking tubpioneer squareroom servicepike place marketwater viewvalet staffupon checkcar servicecorner suiteluxury hotelwonderful hotelbeautiful roomcity view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 March 2013

My wife and I were getting away from the cold temps and snow of North Dakota for a long weekend and the Hotel 1000 was perfect for making our stay in Seattle a memorable one. Matty was spot on with his recommendations all weekend, and each member of the staff went above and beyond to make us feel like we were the most important people in the hotel. The ONLY negative (and I'm nitpicking), was the shower. Temps were difficult to control, going from one extreme temp to another.

This is a fantastic hotel, top to bottom. We've stayed at numerous boutique hotels around the country, and this tops the list. We would recommend it without hesitation, and hope to be back soon. Thanks to everyone at the Hotel 1000 for a memorable weekend!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2013

My husband and I decided to try a "new to us" hotel in Seattle for his birthday celebration. We are so glad we did--Hotel 1000 was a great experience! The bath and bath tub were especially nice. :) From the moment we arrived, the staff made us feel like we were at our personal hotel.

Room Tip: We had a water view room, which was a definite plus.
1  Thank latigo5406
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Dear Guest from Seattle,

Delighted that you and your husband decided to "try us out" on your special occassion.

Please come again and often!! Would love to have you with us again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 23 March 2013

This is a great hotel in downtown Seattle, within walking distance to most tourist attractions including Colman Dock, Pike Place Market and Pioneer Square. For attractions that are further out (Seattle Center, Museum of Flight), bus stops are 1-2 blocks away.

Prior to arriving, I emailed the concierge to ask for restaurant recommendations. Matty promptly responded with a precooked list of recommendations - I appreciated the fast response and offer to help with reservations.

The room was comfy, and I slept well (you'd think that was something to be taken for granted at hotels, but I've learnt the hard way that it isn't so). It was really quiet, almost like we were the only ones on the floor, which was nice. Housekeeping was efficient - never saw them, but we would get back from breakfast at Pike Place Market and the room would already be made up.

The only negative (resulting in 4 instead of a 5 rating) was the shower. The water temperature couldn't be controlled - it fluctuated from too hot to too cold on its own regardless of where the faucet was pointing. To prolong my misery, the pressure was extremely thin, which meant that I had to endure the scalding/freezing water temperatures for a longer time than my normal shower duration. Also, the stingy Molton Brown toiletry dispensers had to be pumped about 20-30 times for the requisite amount of product.

If anyone reading this cares for it, there is an adult video store right next to the hotel.

Having read the other reviews though, I'm disappointed at not getting any sparkling wine at check in. Also, they had us fill in a pre-arrival form where I indicated that we were here to celebrate our anniversary. They didn't do anything special for us in view of the occasion - not that they had to, but then, why ask???

Room Tip: the water view isn't that stunning as there is a building blocking most of it - so don't pay a premium for it
1  Thank Nitpicker011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and also for the very detailed review you spent time on for our readers.

I most certainly apologize for you not receiving the complimentary sparkling wine at check in. We provide this for every guest who is over 21 years of age and we start serving this at 1pm through the night. Could you have checked in before 1 pm? I am very sorry about this disappointment.

I do hope that if your travel plans bring you back to Seattle , you will give us another opportunity to make it before for you the second time.

Reviewed 22 March 2013

Terrific service. Rooms are classy. Kids loved the bath tub that filled from the roof. The clear wall into the bathroom (has a privacy electronic shutter). Shower big tile and fancy. Lots of nice touches in terms of decor.

Service excellent. Only slight down was parking cost $33 but even that wasn't to bad.
Very close to Pikes Pier 5 blocks, a bit of a walk to Space Needle (2 km??), but nice walk.
Down the block is the 'underground tour' which I highly recommend.

Perhaps our favorite hotel ever.

Room Tip: Room's on street side have a better view. We were on back side - no view to speak off, but very quiet
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest- WOW- "probably best hotel ever" is very complimentary of you. Delighted that you and your family had a memorable time with us and that you will return. Would love to have you back with us.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

From the moment I spoke with Jason on the phone regarding my booking for Sunday night March 17th, I was awakened to my senses just a little more. The overall pleasantry of his demeanor on the phone made me feel extremely appreciated as a guest, from answering simple questions with a smile to asking me what my dogs names and breeds were and being sincerely interested in the fact that I was going to be bringing them. He even stated that he would be working the night of check in and that the Hotel could not wait to meet 'Georgia' and 'Olive'.

ON the way down to Seattle, I called because our arrival time was going to be much earlier so I wanted to check on room availability. Sure enough, I spoke with Kahn and he assured me after briefly checking his system that a room would be ready for our arrival shortly after noon. Amazing. We pulled right up to the hotel and valet took our car after politely alerting us of the cost of 39 daily (a very affordable luxury for downtown Seattle). Plus when you get back into your car, they have stocked it with chilled bottled water for you. Very nice touch.

The room was spacious, clean and bright. We booked a city view King and had partial Puget sound views. It was quite nice and relaxing. Lighting in the room had many options which was nice.The in room mini bar was stocked with wines from the Walla Walla region of Washington state (my favorite), as well as various other drinks and treats and not to mention the Keurig machine with a very clean and pristine looking coffee selection with various selections of sugar/cream.

Watching television later in the night was a pleasure as well. We had multiple HBO channels available to view on a large screen attached to the wall and viewable from all points of the room. The room was also thought to be picked out for us specifically since we realized later that yes, we had two small dogs and there was not an occupied room next to us but just down the hall was the nearest. How nice and private. It was so quiet and we didnt see another person on our floor at all the whole time. One more thing that I really like is the option to view your bill on the TV.

BOKA, the restaurant and lounge was great for lunch, great cocktails and they had a St. Patricks Day special that happened to be the BEST pastrami sandwich we had ever had...the pastrami was crispy like bacon and the bread was like butter. uuugh I want another!!

All in all it was a great stay and everyone who was working should be given a round of applause for being so nice and warm hearted to their guests. This is no easy feat at times I am sure. I want to bring light to Kahn, Destinee, Jason, all of valet, Casey on the night shift and of course Erika for having such amazing standards when it comes to their guest satisfaction.

Thank you all, we will be back!

1  Thank Ange953

Dear Guest from Bellingham,

When are you returning??? Great review- thanks for the time and detail for our readers to enjoy.

Appreciate all of my staff that you mentioned by name.

Please retrun soon and often.

Best regards,