“Special Occasion made Better!”

Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle
Ranked #15 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 November 2013

My wife and I came up from Portland for our 20th Anniversary. We had been upgraded to a corner Grand Suite on the 14th floor without an increased charge! Very romantic, with 2 full sides of windows and a spectacular view at night. We would never have paid for this room normally, but certainly enjoyed it. Easy transportation to many Seattle fun spots, it was a great hotel stay. Service was great but unobtrusive.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AggieChiro
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Guest,

delighted that you and your wife celebrated your 20th anniversary with us and thank you for taking the time to write to our readers about your memorable expereince with us.

I see you are from Portland- please return soon and very often.

Denny Fitzpatrick

Write a ReviewReviews (3,092)

Reviewed 16 November 2013

From the time we arrived at the hotel, those greeting us and taking our bags, to offering us sparkling wine on our check-in, to the ambience of the hotel lobby itself and then the rooms, I could find no fault with this hotel. Attention to detail is obvious.

Cute thing that we noted: you know how many hotels have a problem of ice machine noise? This hotel has a spot for ice that is not a machine, but a case where bags of ice are kept. No machinery, no noise involved. Easy to find, right next to the elevator.

The room was lovely, nicely appointed. We were in 905 - for those who want a view, don't ask for this one, our view was of the building across from us. However, we were on business, the view was not on the top of my mind. A bit of alarm at first when we saw the open concept washroom, but then discovered a screen which provided privacy. The toilet area is enclosed, and the shower is a lovely enclosed area, with a separate bath (complete with rubber ducky, nice touch, guys!)

A very good hairdryer is provided, so leave yours at home.

The one fault that I found was the pressure of the shower. I had to stay in rather longer than usual to rinse the shampoo and conditioner out of my hair.

Appreciated was the Keurig machine with two types of Starbucks cartridges, and for tea drinkers, Tazo teas. Seattle is Starbucks town, it is no surprise to find their product in room.

It cannot go without saying that the bed was AMAZING. So comfortable, the mattress, the beddings. I slept like a baby.

I did not pay much attention to the mini bar and the offerings on the counter that one had to pay for, I don't usually partake, but it was there. I did like the safe to store my passport and electronics while out of the room.

Liked the offering of a variety of newspapers on arrival. Very nice touch and it came in handy.

There is a small store downstairs that provides a variety of necessities along with some very interesting books, etc. We were desperately looking for nail polish remover in the airport shops and other places, and we were thrilled to find it here. Well stocked.

Downstairs, we really liked the gas fireplace area in the lounge. Lovely place to meet up. The restaurant was very good. We had two breakfast there and they were very good. I liked the music that they played, very cool, even in the morning. What else could I expect from Seattle with its trendy musical heritage?

In the evening, outside the hotel, on the sidewalk, they place an outdoor heater, I imagine to warm the greeters and customers waiting for a cab. Nice touch.

Finally, the hotel is well situated, with lots of trendy boutiques within walking distance, as well as more traditional shopping such as Macy's, Nordstrom and Barney's (a bit more of a walk, but still walkable). Close to lots of great restaurants.

I do not think that you can go wrong with this hotel. I look forward to returning.

Room Tip: If you want a good view, do not choose room 905. You will see the building across the way in close p...
1  Thank 45DegreesNorth

Dear 45 DegreesNorth,

Thank you for not only staying with us but also taking the time to write such a detailed overview of your recent stay with us.

I really appreciate all that you wrote and especially at the end that you would retrun.

That is such a compliment to my staff and I.

Look forward to your next trip to Seattle and Hotel 1000.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Every year for my husband's birthday we travel to a city that we've never been before. This year we chose Seattle and Hotel 1000. The hotel made us feel like we were the most important guests in the hotel. The service was fantabulous! They recommended and made dinner reservations for us at Aqua restaurant where the 5star service continued. We will definitely be returning to Seattle!!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Stephanie,

Thank you for the "fantabolous" review. I actually looked up the word and saw that it really is a word...

Wow... love it. Please return soon- I want to see what we can do to make your next stay Fantabolish ......

Denny

Reviewed 15 November 2013

This was the second time my husband and I have stayed this hotel, and again they did not disappoint. We got the bed and breakfast package which included val-lay parking, breakfast and drinks at the lounge. The staff were very polite and helpful. We were treated to some bubbly wine upon check in. The check in was easy and they seemed very organized. The room was very comfortable and I can honestly say I have no complaints. The hotel is within walking distance to Pike Market and also the pier and aquarium. They had Starbucks coffee in the room, they also had a mini fridge which was loaded with extra drinks (for a price), and they also had a safe which was nice as we kept out passports and extra money in it.

Room Tip: Room 709 had a view of 1st ave and in the distance you could see the ocean.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Liverpool17,

Thank you very much for returning the second time and taking the time to write about it. Delighted that we made "you feel welcome."

Third time is the charm... we will be waiting.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

First time stay and I will definitely return. From the curb to my room everything was remarkable! The location is convenient and within walking distance to everything downtown. I highly recommend BOKA for dinner...wonderful!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear David,

Thank you for your wonderful review and for staying with us.

Hope you will return soon and often.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I recently stayed at the Hotel 1000 for one night while on business, and the service and helpful staff made my quick stay much more enjoyable and manageable. You can tell that the staff do care and are well trained to provide the best service possible. The location is also ideal, and the rooms were very well appointed.

Dear Kate,

Thank you for your "incredible service" review and for staying with us. My staff and I love feedback from our valued guests and hope you will return soon and often.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

This hotel met our standards. The bed was wonderful, the bath amazing, and the staff excellent. When we arrived they had cookies and a card waiting for my husband, as we were there to celebrate his birthday. Hotel was close to almost everything, if not you could take a cab. Valet was great, water bottles for the trip home. Special little touches all around. Only wish the golf was open later on the weekends. By the time we had a chance it was already closed. Great drinks at boka. Breakfast was satisfying in room and at boka.

Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Guests,

Delighted that you stayed with us for your husbands birthday and that you had "romance in the city" Thank you also for spending time in our BOKA Restaurant and bar.

Hope you will return soon for more "romance and memories"