Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown(Seattle)(Great Value!)
US$242
  • Breakfast included
US$339
US$311
US$536
US$520
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown(Seattle)(Great Value!)
US$227
US$688
US$549
galahotels.com
3,106 results
All reviewsboka restaurantvirtual golfhotel experienceturn down servicesoaking tubpioneer squareroom servicepike place marketwater viewvalet staffupon checkcar servicecorner suiteluxury hotelwonderful hotelbeautiful roomcity view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 November 2013

At first, I wondered how this hotel could be rated the #1hotel in Seattle. It seemed to have relatively few amenities for an American hotel in its class. By the time I checked out this morning, I can explain exactly why.

The staff is extraordinarily attentive and helpful. They will literally run to open the door for you. The third time I went to the front desk over three days, the staff knew exactly who I was and there was always plenty of staff at the front desk to prevent lineups. Also, I never waited more than one minute for the elevator.

The meeting rooms are very well appointed, although we did have a few issues one of the three days with teleconferencing connectivity to Europe.

The restaurant is at a similar level. It usually has a number of guests due to the superb quality of the food and staff, but given the number of guests, you are still not made to wait overly long for your food. It is on the more expensive side, however.

The bed and pillow were wonderful. The amenities in the room were similarly excellent. My room had a horrible view, but that could have been because I asked for a room in a quiet part of the hotel.

The location of this hotel is spot on, a couple of minutes walk to the ocean, and a few minutes walk to other attractions such as the pike place market. Being at the heart of downtown Seattle explains why this hotel lacks amenities such as a pool and wet sauna that one would normally expect in this class of hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Honkerlee,

Thank you very much for reading previous reviews on Hotel 1000 and choosing to stay with us because of what you read.

Delighted that we met your expectations and hope you will return again.

Much appreciate your detailed review.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Where to begin with this superb hotel in the heart of downtown Seattle. It began with our train trip from Portland into Seattle and e-mails I sent to the Hotel 1000 staff about transportation options from the King Street train station to the hotel. We were invited to call when we arrived to see if the courtesy car was available to pick us up. We did and it was, and while other travelers were hailing cabs, a new white Lexus sedan pulled up to the curb with a friendly valet to drive us to the hotel.

We went on to use the courtesy car service (when available, and always tipping the driver) several times throughout our lovely stay at Hotel 1000 (indeed, this amenity along justifies staying here, IMO). Check-in included sparkling wine for the adults and hot apple cider for our son. The hotel staff almost uniformly (and by almost, I mean everyone we encountered save one morning desk clerk) went out of their way to not only be helpful, but make you feel good about asking for help. It's the little things that seal the deal here: the car; free Internet and phone calls from your room to anywhere in the world; the Keurig coffee machine with restocked Starbucks single-serves daily; the cookies and organic milk on ice that greeted us when we entered our room; the plentiful bowl of chocolates offered if you happen to be around during the complimentary turndown service; the personalized greeting displayed on the large flat-screen TV mounted to the wall in our room every time we turned it on during our stay; etc.

The room we choose was a two-queen bed standard room, which was plenty big enough for our family of three. There were enough drawers and closet space, although the mini-fridge was filled with mini-bar items. The view to the rear of the hotel wasn't anything to write home about, but we weren't paying for a view. The much-discussed bathroom is as unusual and welcoming as advertised. A clear glass wall separates the bathroom from the bedroom, with privacy obtained by lowering a wall-sized vinyl screen inside the bathroom (it works better than you'd think). Also, the bathroom closes off from the rest of the room using a large sliding wood pocket door (again, better than it sounds). Inside, the bathroom contains the ballyhooed two-person tub (rubber ducky and all) that fills from the ceiling. But, what I liked is that the bathroom had lots of open space, a separate toilet with a privacy door, and a shower stall also with a door. The soap/shampoo/lotion/etc. were Molton Brown, all in large pump bottles mounted beside the lavatory and inside the shower. The mod furnishings didn't provide drawers under the lavatory, only a glass shelf you had to bend over to reach. Also, somewhat surprisingly, the bathroom doesn't have an ventilation system, so any steam/smells may emanate into the room.

We didn't eat at Boka, the on-site restaurant, although the menu looked appealing and its bar scene was lively (the room service menu was quite thorough, and certain items were available 24 hrs. a day). We also didn't use the on-site spa (named "Spaahh"), although the spa space itself seemed small. Not so with the fitness area, which was spacious and had various weights and exercise machines. For men, The Gold Club is a nice touch, but it's essentially a couple of full-sized golf swing simulators like you'd see in Golfsmith or Golf Galaxy.

The concierge service was top-notch: on our last night in Seattle, we waited until 5:30 pm to ask for help getting reservations at a top city restaurant on a Friday night. Well, even the concierge couldn't accomplish that, but through his relationship with the restaurant hostess, we were advised to show up around 8 pm for our best chance at a table. We did (taking the courtesy car, natch), dropped the concierge's name, and we had a table within 15 mins. while everyone else coming in was either being routed to the overcrowded bar area or turned away entirely.

The only big quibble with our stay at Hotel 1000 were the beds. The hotel prides itself on their Thai bed linens, and with good reason. However, the mattresses themselves were hard and massively uncomfortable. They were the same for both queen beds. I'm not picky about my mattress firmness, but by our last night, sleeping was a chore.

Upon checkout, we came down at 5 am for our cab ride to the airport to not only find the desk clerk ready to check us out, but also a bellman stationed to help us with our bags.

It speaks to the quality of Hotel 1000 that I haven't recounted half their amenities. And, there's the location, only a couple of blocks from the waterfront and five blocks or so from Pike Place Market. (Helpful notes: the large downtown Post Office is located diagonally across the street from the hotel; and to reach the water ferries, walk one block south on 1st Ave. and access the Marion St. Ferry Tml Walk). Even Banaroya Hall is only a few short blocks away. The valet parking service is excellent and no fuss, although parking itself is pricey (you don't really want to drive around midtown Seattle anyway).

And best of all, you'll get these ultra-luxe amenities without paying ultra-luxe rates. Make no mistake: Hotel 1000 isn't inexpensive. A variety of room types are available, from standard guestrooms like ours to suites with water view. But, if you go with the standard Luxe Guestroom as we did, you'll get Four Seasons quality without Four Season prices.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank enm007
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Guest,

My goodness- i feel like a king after reading your review- I also enjoyed a whole cup of coffee reading your overview!! I think you covered almost every area within my hotel- Thank you....

Please return- would love to meet you and your family. I hope you will make us your home away from home.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 16 November 2013

My wife and I came up from Portland for our 20th Anniversary. We had been upgraded to a corner Grand Suite on the 14th floor without an increased charge! Very romantic, with 2 full sides of windows and a spectacular view at night. We would never have paid for this room normally, but certainly enjoyed it. Easy transportation to many Seattle fun spots, it was a great hotel stay. Service was great but unobtrusive.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AggieChiro

Dear Guest,

delighted that you and your wife celebrated your 20th anniversary with us and thank you for taking the time to write to our readers about your memorable expereince with us.

I see you are from Portland- please return soon and very often.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

From the time we arrived at the hotel, those greeting us and taking our bags, to offering us sparkling wine on our check-in, to the ambience of the hotel lobby itself and then the rooms, I could find no fault with this hotel. Attention to detail is obvious.

Cute thing that we noted: you know how many hotels have a problem of ice machine noise? This hotel has a spot for ice that is not a machine, but a case where bags of ice are kept. No machinery, no noise involved. Easy to find, right next to the elevator.

The room was lovely, nicely appointed. We were in 905 - for those who want a view, don't ask for this one, our view was of the building across from us. However, we were on business, the view was not on the top of my mind. A bit of alarm at first when we saw the open concept washroom, but then discovered a screen which provided privacy. The toilet area is enclosed, and the shower is a lovely enclosed area, with a separate bath (complete with rubber ducky, nice touch, guys!)

A very good hairdryer is provided, so leave yours at home.

The one fault that I found was the pressure of the shower. I had to stay in rather longer than usual to rinse the shampoo and conditioner out of my hair.

Appreciated was the Keurig machine with two types of Starbucks cartridges, and for tea drinkers, Tazo teas. Seattle is Starbucks town, it is no surprise to find their product in room.

It cannot go without saying that the bed was AMAZING. So comfortable, the mattress, the beddings. I slept like a baby.

I did not pay much attention to the mini bar and the offerings on the counter that one had to pay for, I don't usually partake, but it was there. I did like the safe to store my passport and electronics while out of the room.

Liked the offering of a variety of newspapers on arrival. Very nice touch and it came in handy.

There is a small store downstairs that provides a variety of necessities along with some very interesting books, etc. We were desperately looking for nail polish remover in the airport shops and other places, and we were thrilled to find it here. Well stocked.

Downstairs, we really liked the gas fireplace area in the lounge. Lovely place to meet up. The restaurant was very good. We had two breakfast there and they were very good. I liked the music that they played, very cool, even in the morning. What else could I expect from Seattle with its trendy musical heritage?

In the evening, outside the hotel, on the sidewalk, they place an outdoor heater, I imagine to warm the greeters and customers waiting for a cab. Nice touch.

Finally, the hotel is well situated, with lots of trendy boutiques within walking distance, as well as more traditional shopping such as Macy's, Nordstrom and Barney's (a bit more of a walk, but still walkable). Close to lots of great restaurants.

I do not think that you can go wrong with this hotel. I look forward to returning.

Room Tip: If you want a good view, do not choose room 905. You will see the building across the way in close proximity.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 45DegreesNorth

Dear 45 DegreesNorth,

Thank you for not only staying with us but also taking the time to write such a detailed overview of your recent stay with us.

I really appreciate all that you wrote and especially at the end that you would retrun.

That is such a compliment to my staff and I.

Look forward to your next trip to Seattle and Hotel 1000.

Best regards,

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Every year for my husband's birthday we travel to a city that we've never been before. This year we chose Seattle and Hotel 1000. The hotel made us feel like we were the most important guests in the hotel. The service was fantabulous! They recommended and made dinner reservations for us at Aqua restaurant where the 5star service continued. We will definitely be returning to Seattle!!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Stephanie,

Thank you for the "fantabolous" review. I actually looked up the word and saw that it really is a word...

Wow... love it. Please return soon- I want to see what we can do to make your next stay Fantabolish ......

Denny