“Excellent Value”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington, D.C.
“Excellent Value”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We arrived quite early-- 10am -- and reception accommodated our early check-in, letting us know that a room was on final house keeping inspection and would be available in 15 minutes. The large tub with waterfall faucet feature was a fun touch. The hotel was nicely appointed with modern but comfortable furnishings in a great location near the market.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Aussiesig,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at Hotel 1000 and for choosing to stay with us.

Appreciate your heading of "Excellent Value".

Hope that when your travel plans bring you back to Seattle, that you will return to Hotel 1000.

Denny Fitzpatrick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (484)
  • Korean first
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We spent 4 nights in the Grand Lux Suite. The food from room service is definitively "eh" (I'd eat elsewhere during normal hours) but they do have it available 24 hours, which is nice. The bed was supremely comfortable, and the room well designed and spacious. The bathroom is rad. We loved the free standing tub that filled from the ceiling. Sort of wished the shower was a little more accommodating of two people, but the tub made up for it! Everyone who works there is really nice, and they don't bug you overmuch. The door chime is just that...no maid banging on your door at 8am screaming "ROOM CLEANING!!". There's a button by the door that lets you send a request to make up the room 24 hours a day without calling anyone or leaving a tag on the door.

Wireless was fast and free. The cable TV was a bit wonky...they always leave it set on to this channel that shows a beach and has ocean waves sounds, except the sounds loop every minute, which got annoying. I didn't understand the purpose of that. The view was mostly of the building across the street, but we didn't come there for the view.

I will say that I slept better there than I have at pretty much any hotel ever. I never heard a peep from any of the other rooms.

I would definitely stay there again. For the price it is a top notch bargain!

Dear Malice,

What a heading!! "Bombtastic". I love the word...

Thanks for your detailed overview and am delighted that you will return when your travel plans bring you back to Seattle. we will be waiting...

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 24 November 2013

At the last stop on our journey down the coast before we headed back to Las Vegas I have to say it was the best. This hotel is not only beautiful but the location is key. The room we had was amazing an the view impeccable. I loved the bathroom the shower an bathtub as I love baths. The water coming from the ceiling into the tub was amazing. The room had everything we needed an very spacious as we had the top floor. The service was amazing very professional an nice. I love the location. It is walking distance to the pier an to pikes market place as well as all the shops an places to eat. It's centrally located to everything you would need. I highly recommend this hotel if you are ever in Seattle. The price was good for all the emenities it had to offer an the great location. I also love the fact they valet your car as parking can be a problem.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Denise,

Thank you for staying with us back in June 2013 and taking the time to write about the many features that made you say we are the "Perfect Place."

That is very kind of you and delighted that you enjoyed our spacious bath tubs that fill from the ceiling.

Hope you will return to Seattle and the " perfect place !!."

Long Beach, California
Reviewed 22 November 2013

After reviewing many, many hotel options I went with the #1 rated (makes sense) and I definitely made the right choice. The location is perfect. You really can walk everywhere, from the Waterfront to Pike Street, Pioneer Square to the financial district. The rooms are modern and luxurious. The bed is comfy, the bathroom, especially the bathtub, is so cool and the decor feels clean and new, especially since the price is comparable to other hotels. The staff were really professional and accommodating (we checked in at 11:00 a.m.!) There is so much to see and do in Seattle, but the room was so inviting we had a hard time going out.

Room Tip: 10th floor city view had a partial city, partial side of a building view. Maybe not worth the extra...
Dear Suzanne,

Thank you for first taking time to review the reviews regarding Hotel 1000 and then choosing to stay with us. I am delighted that we exceeded your expactations.

i have alreadys ent your review throughout my hotel for all my staff to read and "smile".

Please return soon and often.

Best regards,

Alabama
Reviewed 21 November 2013

A friend and I stayed at the Hotel 1000 from November 11-15. It was great - everyone was so friendly (and I am from the south so I know what friendly is) and helpful. The room was great. I used the sofa sleeper and while none of those are the most comfortable things in the world this one was fine. The room was spacious and the extras were just unreal. When I asked if we could buy one of the ducks that was in our bathroom... they sent 4 up to our room on a silver tray. The hotel itself is in a wonderful location - a short walk from Pike Place Market and close to so many great restaurants. If I ever go back to Seattle I will definitely stay at Hotel 1000 again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear AlamabaYankeeFan,

What a wonderful review regarding your 4 day stay with us.

It put a huge smile on my face when I read that we delivered 4 of our ducks- on a silver tray- we love creating memories.

Please return soon and often.

Best regards,

Bloomington, Minnesota
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Stayed there for a 35th anniversary and would go back every year! The staff from the Concierge, Front Desk, Bartenders, Housekeeping and Bellman all made you feel like you were their only guest and whatever your wish they would grant. Exceptional service, food, and drink made for a very pleasant weekend. The location was fabulous for getting to many of the wonderful attractions that Seattle has to offer, If you want to feel pampered the staff will take care of everything and you will feel rested and relaxed. We will never stay anywhere else when we go to Seattle!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Luckygirl1130,

Delighted that you choose to spend your 35th anniversary with us and that we were able to "create great memories" for you and your husband.

Hope that your travel plans bring you back to the Seattle area and when they do- would love to have you return to Hotel 1000.

ON
Reviewed 21 November 2013

At first, I wondered how this hotel could be rated the #1hotel in Seattle. It seemed to have relatively few amenities for an American hotel in its class. By the time I checked out this morning, I can explain exactly why.

The staff is extraordinarily attentive and helpful. They will literally run to open the door for you. The third time I went to the front desk over three days, the staff knew exactly who I was and there was always plenty of staff at the front desk to prevent lineups. Also, I never waited more than one minute for the elevator.

The meeting rooms are very well appointed, although we did have a few issues one of the three days with teleconferencing connectivity to Europe.

The restaurant is at a similar level. It usually has a number of guests due to the superb quality of the food and staff, but given the number of guests, you are still not made to wait overly long for your food. It is on the more expensive side, however.

The bed and pillow were wonderful. The amenities in the room were similarly excellent. My room had a horrible view, but that could have been because I asked for a room in a quiet part of the hotel.

The location of this hotel is spot on, a couple of minutes walk to the ocean, and a few minutes walk to other attractions such as the pike place market. Being at the heart of downtown Seattle explains why this hotel lacks amenities such as a pool and wet sauna that one would normally expect in this class of hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Honkerlee,

Thank you very much for reading previous reviews on Hotel 1000 and choosing to stay with us because of what you read.

Delighted that we met your expectations and hope you will return again.

Much appreciate your detailed review.

Many thanks,