“Very Nice Hotel”

Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle
Ranked #14 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Our Hotel 1000 stay was very nice. We had multiple arrivals which they seamlessly handled. They pleasantly handled all of our multiple requests, from luggage storage to rides to restaurants, to maps and recommendations for events, and even birthday celebrations. The service was professional and efficient. I made many emails and phone calls to them in my anxiety over our many arrival times and transport, and they were always helpful, never condescending. Our only negative was abysmal service in their Boca restaurant. We waited forever to be seated and served. The waitress only stopped by once in an hour to see if we wanted anything.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Tim B, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience with us and am glad to hear you were very happy overall. I appreciate your constructive feedback and can assure you it will be shared with staff so the issue can be addressed immediately. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,093)

Reviewed 21 July 2014

If all you care about is superficialities, then Hotel 1000 definitely has the look and feel of a high end establishment. But if you also care about substance and expect first class customer service, you may be disappointed as we were. Service was sloppy and somewhat unprofessional, which I would have been willing to overlook, but worst of all, it was indifferent. Without rehashing everything in detail, we had what should have been a relatively small issue/complaint and we spoke to the front desk supervisor about it. He could have easily resolved it to our satisfaction with little to no effort on his part, instead he just gave us a mealy mouthed "sorry nothing I can do", which was patently untrue. In his determination, our complaint just wasn't important enough for him to do anything about, so he chose to treat us in an apologetic but dismissive manner. I made it clear that we were not satisfied with this kind of response, but for whatever reason, clearly our patronage was not valued. Perhaps in my shorts and t-shirt I didn't look enough the part of a high roller for him to be bothered, I don't know. It was pretty amazing to have this kind of inexplicably poor experience.

I took my wife here to celebrate her birthday, to wow her with an amazing hotel experience. It didn't live up to the hype. The room was nice but small. The physical amenities and appearance were indeed excellent. That wasn't the problem. The reason our experience fell short was not appearance, but substance. The first class customer service that one expects from a high end hotel was woefully absent.

My wife and I come to Seattle often. This is the first time we've stayed Hotel 1000. If the front desk actually cared about making good impressions and made an effort, we would have been back. You did impress my wife, unfortunately it was with your cool and indifferent customer service. We will not be back.

2  Thank Paul_D_NVan
Tim B, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for taking time to share your concerns about your stay. I am very sorry to hear that you were not happy with how you were treated. I can assure you that I will speak with the individuals involved so they will learn from this experience. This is certainly not characteristic of what the majority of our guests experience and not acceptable. I appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope that you will contact me so I may make amends.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have stayed at most of the nice hotels in Seattle -we live here. Hotel 1000 is one of the few 5 star hotels we have not stayed with. I decided to take my husband here for the week-end to celebrate his birthday. This was a mistake...

So far we gave them notice that we were on our way and would arrive in an hour (this is checking in early they have a 4:00pm check-in which is ridiculous)

Room Tip: there are 14 floors we were on 8 facing South and it was loud
2  Thank RandCinSeattle

We are very sorry to hear that you were to pleased with your experience with us. We care very much when our guests are not satisfied and will do whatever it takes to remedy any situation. If you are able to contact us, we will be happy to address your concerns. Thank you for taking time to share your comments and allowing us an opportunity to respond to your concerns.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed at the Hotel 1000 (second visit) for three days in early July as the final leg of our northwest family vacation. Upon arriving at the hotel, we were pleasantly surprised by being upgrading to a corner suite (city-view) in honor of our anniversary. The staff members in the lobby area are very friendly and definitely made our stay enjoyable. The best aspects of this hotel in my opinion are its service, its size, its rooms, and its location. As I mentioned, the staff is very friendly in a sincere way and is very helpful in providing information about the City. The hotel has a complimentary car service that you can utilize to visiting sites within a 1-2 mile radius of the hotel, the service is busy so you will want to try and reserve it in advance if you can. Another advantage this property has is its size, with only 120 rooms, the hotel really has a nice feel to it, on our floor (14th) I believe there were only 8 total rooms arranged in a rectangular shape. The limited number of rooms also allows the staff to focus their attention on a limited number of guests as opposed to the larger chain hotels (Grand Hyatt, Fairmont, etc.) in the downtown Seattle area. Our room was spacious and very well appointed from the bathroom to the living room and bedroom area. I particularly like the décor of the bathroom area, spacious and clear with great bath products. The living/bedroom area had a nice sitting area where we were able to relax our feet and take in the views of the city to the south and west. I would say that this hotel has one of the best locations of all the hotels in the downtown Seattle area. I would say the Four Seasons has the best location in downtown as it is slightly closer to Pike's Place Market and the west-facing rooms have unobstructed views of Puget Sound. Hotel 1000 is a short uphill walk to Pike's Place Market, a short downhill walk to the waterfront and Ferry Terminal and a relatively short downhill walk to Pioneer Square. We also enjoyed a slightly longer walk (15 minutes) to Century Link Field and Safeco Park for a stadium tour and a baseball game. The hotel can be on the pricey side, especially during the summer months. We utilized Hotwire and were able to get a room rate of $220 a night which is an incredible bargain for this hotel property. Overall, I would highly recommend staying at the Hotel 1000 and look forward to visiting again in the future.

Room Tip: The hotel is 14 stories tall, with the upper portions of the building being utilized for condominium...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind and in depth review of your stay with us. I'm absolutely thrilled that we were able to offer a little extra special "oompf" to help you celebrate your anniversary. It sounds like you have a fantastic sense of the downtown area, so it truly is our pleasure that you have chosen to stay with us on multiple occasions. I hope we will have the chance to impress you again for your next special occasion!

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel 1000 is a great convenient location very near the Seattle waterfront. The valet guys are the best I have ever seen. The hotel understands the importance of details.

The rooms are well kept and the internet is fast. The hotel is all about service from the time you walk in.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Lanny D

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Seattle. I'm quite happy to know that you were pleased with the service you received with our valets, and that they were able to impress upon you our dedication to ensuring that even the smallest details are important. I certainly hope we can welcome you back when you return to the west coast!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This hotel is in a great location, rooms are great and the staff are excellent. The Golf in the basement is a great way to while away a few hours if the weather is not great. Only negative in the rooms with a water view is the road noise, we were on the 9th floor and could still here the traffic.
A special mention goes the Concierge - Jessica (as in Rabbit) she really knows her stuff, great restaurant advice, bookings and travel arrangements she stole the show as far as the excellent staff.

Room Tip: Great wifi, good restaurant be sure to ask the Concierge for recommendations.
1  Thank Mick R

I am so pleased to hear that your enjoyed your experience with us. We definitely don't like to let that notorious Seattle weather get us down, so it's great that you were able to take advantage of some of our rainy day activities!
I will be sure to pass along your praise to Jessica--she will be so glad to know that she made such a great impression on you!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Business meeting brought me to this hotel close to waterfront in Seattle. An older structure has been updated to create quiet lux hotel. Intimate lobby and reception is staffed by friendly and accommodating people. Rooms are spacious compared to many boutique hotels and rooms on higher floors facing bay have nearly unobstructed water views. Menu choices in restaurant or room service are pared down and emphasize local and Seattle sophistication. Full bar in a comfortably compact space. Nice feature of guest room is a spacious bathroom with deep soaking tub positioned next to a floor to ceiling glass wall so window views and natural light can accompany your bath unless you choose to lower partition. Enough closet and drawer space for 2 on a short trip. Service was excellent. Front desk staff handles requests - room missing laundry bag? "I'll bring that right up" and they do in two minutes! Same with room service - orders took 20 - 25 minutes tops and arrived as ordered. Service feels personalized. Free WiFi. Full spa. There are numerous lodging choice in Seattle, with many working to distinguish themselves in unique and quirky ways, but I would choose this hotel again without reservation. Near interesting shops, boutiques, restaurants, waterfront piers, ferry, and SAM (museum).

Room Tip: If you don't mind occasional ferry horn get waterfront room and enjoy sunsets.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 2Dine4
Tim B, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Thank you for taking time to post a review of your stay. Our structure is actually just eight years old. We just celebrated our anniversary in June. I am very glad to hear that you found that service in all areas exceeded your expectations. We do strive for personalized service and are happy to know you felt the difference. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Seattle.