“Staff turnover in recent months?”

Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle
Ranked #14 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed for a week in May, and a week in July. I would probably return for a third stay. There were a lot of inconsistencies, requests not fulfilled, and once incident where I was offered a service for free, then charged $30.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Tim B, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. Our staff has changed very little since May. There are a few new members of our team and they will welcome you with open arms if you choose to return. Please accept my apology for the billing error. We will always promptly correct any mistake in billing. Please contact me and we will make the adjustment. I would be pleased to handle your future reservations personally.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,093)

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I struggled to come up with the perfect way to propose to the love of my life. As we have stayed here before and had fond memories, I decided that this would be a great place to pop the question. Suffice it to say, Chelsea and at the crew here at Hotel 1000 went way above and far beyond to make sure our weekend was memorable and special. You see the other reviews, this is a place that puts your experience above all else. Stay here!

Room Tip: If you can swing it, get a grand lux water view room. You will enjoy the view and the tub is fabulou...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Tim B, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

First off, let us offer our congratulations on your exciting engagement! I love to know that our property had a hand in helping make such a special occasion that much more memorable. I will make sure to pass on to everyone that their dedication to service has paid off in a big way! I hope when you return we can welcome back Mr. and Mrs!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Wonderful hotel and staff. Ate at the restaurant, BOKA, for breakfast and dinner. Food was outstanding! Also had drinks there after an afternoon of discovering Seattle. Perfect location for taking in the sights of Seattle, whether going to Pikes Place Market or Pioneer Square.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I'm thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of BOKA for both breakfast and cocktails; the food truly is fantastic! Seattle is such a beautiful city to explore, so a hearty breakfast beforehand and relaxing drinks after are truly the mark of a relaxing stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Started off on the wrong foot when I did not receive a return call from GM (Tim) nor an answer to request via email. Did not mind spending the $600+ per night (booked thru Amex)
for an experience that I would expect for the price. The room was a good size and the bathroom was great. The problems with the room are indicative of a team that does not have the passion for detail. There were several light bulbs out in the bathroom and room. The hands free phone started making a beeping sound with no relief and then the toilet started the leak. The furniture is in need of attention with either chips scratches or what appeared to be dried milk running down the side of coffee table. When I reported these items to the front desk before leaving to explore Seattle there was no apology or comment other than taking down the information. When we returned in the afternoon around 4:30pm some of the items were fixed however the room was never cleaned again no apology
but they did send someone up within 10 minutes. I did not make any of the road warrior yelling complaining scenes in the lobby but again mentioned at check out with only " gosh that sounds terrible". well it was
NOT SO GOOD IN SEATTLE

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank dschl
Tim B, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Please accept my most heartfelt apology for your stay with us not meeting your expectations and our standard of excellence. The lack of response and action to your requests is unacceptable. I appreciate your constructive feedback and assure you we will use it to further improve future guest experiences. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking time to share your feedback.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My fiancée and I stayed here last weekend for a night out in Seattle. The staff were friendly and offered champagne upon arrival. We checked into our room with no problems. Our "ocean view" was as expected, there was a view of the ocean to each side with a large building right in front of our window, still a decent view. (I believe we were on the 5th floor) The room itself was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was separated by glass and had a privacy screen that could be lowered. I liked the idea until my fiancée got up in the middle of the night to use the restroom and turned on the light. Because no physical wall separates the sleeping area from the restroom the light from the restroom lit up the entire room. The location of the hotel is also very nice, we walked down to the pier for dessert and some shopping. My only complaint would be that the beds are not very comfortable. Nice hotel overall.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I'm glad to know that your trip with your fiancée proved to be romantic, and that you were able to enjoy the proximity of our property to so much of what downtown Seattle has to offer. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

For our 17th wedding anniversary we stayed the weekend in this first class hotel. We were greeted with champagne and a rose in the lobby. The hotel is conveniently located in the downtown area close to the Seattle Art Museum and other touristy sites.It's a gorgeous very modern style hotel. Our corner room was spacious,with a city view, and the big screen TV greeted us personally as we walked in. The stand alone tub was filled by a stream of water from a pipe in the ceiling which fell like a waterfall. I had a massage at the Spaahh, ooh heaven. Food at the hotel's restaurant was excellent especially the fresh peach cream puff dessert. Thouroughly enjoyable, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms above the fourth floor have a view.
1  Thank HappysOng238

It sounds as if you truly had the full Hotel 1000 experience, from the spa to our restaurant Boka. and everything in between. I'm so glad we could help make your 17th anniversary a classy and memorable experience.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at the Hotel 1000 for two nights in early August. Excellent location, charming and attentive staff, comfortable and well laid out rooms. The complimentary breakfast was a full menu selection and quite good!
Our package included a $100 voucher for the spa, which I decided to use for a massage. When I arrived, I upgraded to a 90 minute massage to begin at 11am. I was asked if I would like a 15 minute 'special scalp massage' added for $25. I agreed.
90 minutes later, I was told my massage was over. At the check out desk, I asked about the scalp massage and was told it was incorporated into my 90 minute massage. So, I commented, I missed part of my basic massage to accommodate the 'special'. The manager was called, who rather absurdly and insultingly said, it was 12:29 just then, so I did get extra time. This was after I had dressed, combed my hair and reached the front desk. There was no apology or effort to understand my position. Just a cursory comment that I should have read the fine print on the back of the 'special' card placed in front of me. I asked for a follow up review and explanation. It is now almost three days later with no contact.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susansandiego72

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience. While I'm very happy that you enjoyed your overall stay, I'm sorry to hear that it was compromised by a less than satisfactory experience in the spa. Please accept my sincere apology for this lapse in service. We strive for 100% satisfaction and in your case should have made amends. I will contact you personally to follow up. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again.