“Top notch”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Temple
“Top notch”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We only stayed one night her, but it was the perfect end to our vacation. The room, staff, facilities, spa and restaurant were all wonderful. Even when we needed a little extra space for sleeping (my daughter didn't want to share a bed), they were able to accommodate her even without a rollaway bed. It was very quiet in the room and very comfortable. We will definitely stay here again!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Tim B, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
The end of a vacation can sometimes be a little disappointing, but I'm so glad that we could help you feel relaxed and rejuvenated for just one more night! Some pampering at Spaahh and a fine meal at BOKA is enough to make anyone feel ready to take on a return to normal life. I do hope we can welcome you again, and next time be your home for the beginning, middle, AND end of your vacation!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (490)
  • Korean first
Chatham
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We just felt that the family suite wasn't a great fit for a family with just one real bed. Nice hotel but it is designed more for business trips than families (as is the bar/restaurant). Good service, big room (although the sink drained very slowly) but we should have looked for a more family friendly hotel. We have older kids so the pullout wasn't great. Plus, with the pullout always in a bed configuration, it ate up a lot of space. Again, lots of good things here but families should take in these considerations. So my rating for the rooms is 3 stars but a couple might give it a 5.

1 Thank Scott P
I'm sorry to hear that your accommodations were not as you had expected. I understand travelling with older children can provide challenges as far as sleeping arrangements go; several of our suites do offer the opportunity to select an adjoining additional guest room to create a two-bedroom suite when a pullout is not sufficient. I am certainly glad that you were pleased with the service provided by our staff and the size of the room, and I do hope you were able to take advantage of our central location for lots of exploring!
Butte, Montana
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I SUBMITTED THE REVIEW BELOW UPON OUR RETURN HOME. THE NEXT MORNING, I WAS PERSONALLY CONTACTED BY TIM, THE GENERAL MANAGER OF THE HOTEL. HE SINCERELY CARED ABOUT OUR EXPERIENCE. HE MADE ME FEEL LIKE I WASN'T OUT OF LINE TO EXPECT MORE FROM THIS HOTEL. HE APOLOGIZED AND OFFERED TO MAKE AMENDS. MANY TIMES A CUSTOMER MAY BE UNHAPPY WITH SERVICES BUT THE RESPONSE YOU GET FROM A COMPLAINT CAN MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE. TIM MADE ME FEEL LIKE MY FAMILY'S STAY AND INPUT WAS IMPORTANT. BECAUSE OF TIM'S CARING RESPONSE, I WOULD LIKE TO SAY I WOULD STAY HERE AGAIN. THIS TIME I WOULD CONTACT HIM IF I WAS UNHAPPY AT ANY POINT DURING MY STAY BECAUSE I AM CERTAIN HE WOULD MAKE IT RIGHT. THANKS TO TIM FOR HIS SINCERE APOLOGY. HE KNOWS HOW TO TREAT A CUSTOMER!

My family had not been to Seattle so I did research on the best places to stay. The reviews I read made the hotel seem wonderful. Prior to our visit, I contacted the hotel and made a few requests. Most importantly, I indicated I wanted it to be special for my 10 year old daughter. I received a reply and was told they would do a few special things for my daughter. When we arrived we were told our room would be ready shortly which was nice because we were there prior to normal check in. We were never offered the complimentary champagne when told our room was available. I saw others and read about this so I had to ask for this myself. The staff obliged but my daughter was completely ignored. We got to our grand luxe parlor suite (which on-line indicates you get at least a city view) and we walked in to see the view of a rooftop and the side of the building. We paid a lot of money for this level of accommodations and this no view room was not expected nor as described. The air conditioning was awful and I had to call 2 of the 3 nights for this to be adjusted. I will say the engineer who responded was very polite and kind. Actually he was the nicest person we encountered during our stay. My husband ordered beverages from Boka and they were out of mint for my mojito so tried another mix. When I took a drink it was awful. I brought it back to the bar and they acted "put out" to have to make me another drink. No apologies were offered. And finally, the sitting area had a pull out queen bed that we used and it was never made up completely. Each day we were gone by 9am at the latest. I would have expected the room to be made back into a sitting area. We had to do this on our own and move the furniture so we could sit in this area. There was no attempt to make these accommodations "special" for my daughter as indicated when I was reserving the room. No personal touches and no personal greetings. As you can see, I am very disappointed and feel saddened that the other reviews did not hold true at all for our stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the feedback and thank you for adding to your review. I am glad we had the opportunity to talk. At anytime during a stay our guests can rest assured that our staff will address any concern they have in order to achieve complete satisfaction. We all care very much about our guests experience. Again, I offer a very sincere apology on behalf of our entire staff. We are very happy to know you would choose to return and look forward to welcoming you back.
Parkland, Florida
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Fantastic, service oriented hotel with great location in walking distance to anyplace downtown. Great rooms and amenities. We were able to walk to Safeco Field, Pike Place Market, all waterfront, and shopping areas. The front desk staff and concierges were wonderful. The bell/valet staff too and the restaurant was great for breakfast.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Lisa L
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us at Hotel 1000. Great service truly is our goal, and I'm really glad to know we were able to deliver for you. Thanks for joining us for breakfast at BOKA; I do hope when we see you again on your next trip that we can tempt you with dinner as well!
Newtown
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Excellent hotel; great location!!! The staff were so helpful and changed my dinner reservations at the last minute. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. Our stay was memorable and awesome!!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Our staff is always happy to assist with any requests, and I'm so thrilled they were able to take a little off of your plate in changing up your evening plans. We will look forward to seeing you again for another memorable experience!
Edmonds
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Such an amazing stay. The staff at the hotel treated my wife and I like royalty. We went for our wedding anniversary, and everyone there went way above and beyond to make our stay so memorable. Thank you Hotel 1000 for the best stay at a hotel we have ever had. Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Happy anniversary to you and your wife! I'm thrilled we could help you carve out a memorable experience. We can't wait to see you again and give you a little more of the "royal treatment"
Scottsdale
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Excellent property with well trained staff. Rooms are modern and comfortable. Good central location to visit all of the attractions.
Staff went out of their way to make sure we had and enjoyable stay.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I'm thrilled we will be your new home away from home in Seattle! Our location affords so many fun opportunities to explore, and we are proud to offer all of the modern and luxurious amenities you would come to expect. I hope we can welcome you back soon!