“Can't wait to come back...”

Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle
Ranked #16 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 May 2009

This is hands down at the top of my list of hotels! It was modern and clean and cozy. From the french press coffee maker, to the flat screen tv and the comfy-cozy bed, to the INCREDIBLE soaking tub that fills from the CEILING...I loved everything about my experience at Hotel 1000 and Seattle in general. If I didn't love Orange County, CA so much...I would move there! I can't wait for my husband to go there on business again so I can come back!!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle

Reviewed 12 May 2009

Matt Hagermann has one of the finest staffs of any hotel in the world if not the best in the world. Hands down in the USA this staff from the Valets to the concierges, to the desk persons and accounting and housekeeping is elite. I stayed at this hotel before when it 1st opened. I can honestly say that 80 percent of that staff has stayed on board. That is a rare thing anywhere. The staff members are proud to work where they do no matter what the position they are in. The rooms are immaculate. As nice, clean, and maintained as the 1st month they opened this property. The staff made sure that every whim is catered too by frequently asking if there is anymore they can do to make your stay pleasurable. They will gladly make any reservations, suggestions, no matter what or where you choose in Seattle to do that it happens. I have never been to a finer more accommodating establishment with a staff that is truly glad to be there. I would not stay anywhere but in this fine hotel again in Seattle and I can say it is quite a nice feeling to see the same people 3 years ago are still here, quite happy and very proud of their hotel.
Kudos to the entire staff and I would tell ANYONE traveling to Seattle to stay here. Never for 1 moment is anyone not treated like royalty and I thank every single person,
Janet, Sean, Ricardo, Tara, Monteka, Dana, Miles, Robert, Matt, and Matt Hagermann as always for making this another perfect stay and I can not wait to return.

• Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed 6 May 2009

As an event organizer from Argentina we suggested Hotel 1000 to our client after reading Trip Advisor´s review in Dec 2008 and we were definitely not disappointed! Our group stayed for 7 nights so we were able to appreciate the Hotel in all its facets. The staff was excellent, very hospitable and accommodating to our client´s requests. Nothing was a problem: every need was attended to promptly . The Concierges we met and everyone in the Reception area were exceptionally informative, serviceable and friendly. They really couldn´t have been nicer!

After personally viewing over 45 rooms I found them to be very comfortable decorated in a trendy style with very modern details including great TV sets and Molton Brown amenities. The beds are extremely lush and cozy, you seem to melt into them. Just 2 rooms on each of the 4th and 5th floors looked a bit gloomy as they looked out unto a blank wall. The bathrooms are an experience! Check out the water falling from the ceiling into the bath tub. Surprisingly there were no bidets in the bathroom!

The location is great : Pike Market and Pioneer Square are very close as well as great restaurants though, one must consider that Hotel 1000 is on 1st Ave., at the bottom of a very steep hill so walking to some restaurants on 2nd or 3rd Avenue may be difficult for those physically challenged or young at heart ! The Hotel is not very close to the Convention Center but still within walking distance.

24/7 free of charge Business Center was an added asset

Great Hotel in a great city! Will not be forgotten easily.

Neptuno Meeting Planners - Buenos Aires, Argentina

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 April 2009

My boyfriend and I spent last weekend in Seattle at the Hotel 1000. What a wonderful experience!!!! We will definitely be coming back to stay! We have nothing but good things to say about the place...and considering we booked the hotel based on other TripAdvisor members' comments, thought it was important to give credit where credit is due. :)

The staff was beyond friendly and helpful. Everyone was great--the doormen out front, the front desk reception, the servers in Studio 1000 (hotel lounge), the concierge, the room service staff, the golf attendant, the spa attendant...everyone had a smile on their face! It was as though they were happy to see us! What a wonderful way to spend the weekend at a hotel!

The room itself is beautiful...the tub that fills from the ceiling is truly a sight to see. The sheets are extremely soft and the robes are nice as well. The bar comes fully stocked with nice wine glasses, drinking glasses and even a wine opener.

The television has a few cool features. One of them is an interactive menu with options such as "Dining," "Personal Music," "Movies," etc. It even had our name up on the screen to greet us when we first checked in. Additionally, there are a variety of scenic views to choose from (which is basically a still video of a landscape with relaxing music in the background). We underestimated the power of this as both of us fell asleep to the soothing sounds of the waves and the view of the beach in Mexico! HBO is included in the room and they have a decent selection of pay-per-view movies.

We only entered one issue during our stay, but that issue was resolved efficiently so we have no complaints!!! When we first checked into our room, the screen in between the bathroom and the bedroom area didn't work. We told our bellman and someone at the front desk and they said they would have an engineer up to look at it right away. When we came back about an hour later, it still wasn't fixed. We went downstairs and explained that it still wasn't fixed. They immediately gave us the room next door.

The Studio 1000 lounge is wonderful. I can't say enough about it. It's a small, intimate setting with delicious food (the grilled cheese and tomato soup is to die for!) and an amazing wait staff! If you can get a seat around the fire, all the better...but the surrounding chairs are comfortable as well. We could not have asked for better service! One quick example...we went downstairs to Studio 1000 looking forward to cozying up next to the fire, ordering a glass of wine and a few appetizers. When we arrived, we were disappointed to find that there were no more seats available in the small space. Immediately, the manager sugegsted an area where we could wait while he rustled up some chairs (from a different location) so we could sit. He came back right away with two comfortable chairs and placed us right up near the fire. Following our drinks and appetizers, he suggested a few seafood restaurants in the area that we might like to try. The following evening when we went back, he remembered both of our names. It's small details like that that truly make one's stay memorable.

The location of the hotel is also great. It's very close to Pike Place Market. We took a cab the first day only to realize that we were only a few blocks away. We were able to walk to nearly every restaurant or lounge we visited. It was only a 10-minute ride to Safeco stadium where we saw a baseball game.

I would absolutely, without-a-doubt recommend this hotel to others!!!!!! What a great find!!!! :)

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rugdance
Reviewed 21 April 2009

I stayed three nights at the Hotel 1000 and I was quite happy. My room (city view) was on the 14th floor, it was large and I could sleep very well not only because the bed was very good but also it was very quiet during the night. (Usually in larger cities in the US you always have the noise of some ventilation systems if you have a room towards the court - worst example the Bryant Park Hotel in New York)
The bathroom with shower and bathtub was large and Molton/Brown-Products were provided. The cleaning lady was very helpful and everything was very clean. Internet connection was very good and free of charge. Only problem I had was that suddenly I couldn't turn off the TV (not even at the TV itself), so I had to take out the plug in the middle of the night. This problem was fixed the next day but on my departure day - same problem.
I would recommend to anyone this hotel - if for business or vacation. The location is good - I don't mind to walk 2-3 blocks to the public market.
Only one night I had dinner at the Restaurant. Unfortunately, my brussels sprouts were raw (it can happen - but it shouldn't), the chicken was very juicy and tender and the Italian wine was excellent.
I would definetly stay again at this hotel.

Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank patek5056
Reviewed 20 April 2009

The bathrooms were amazing. The sheets were a high thread count and the robes were also high quality. The reception, doormen and room service staff were extremely friendly and I give them top scores. We tend to stay in boutique hotels whenever possible and I would give this one a very high rating. It had the nice extra touches (cool books on the night stands and personal notes, first night cookies.) The only thing that keeps me from giving this hotel the highest marks is the housekeeping staff. We stayed for 2 nights, left for a side trip and returned for 2 nights again at the end of our trip. Our room was in top notch condition the first night of each stay. The second day was the problem: the ironing board was left out both times and the tables that we had our morning room service on were not wiped down. The mini frig was not updated each day either. So if we used the water or sodas the first day, they did not replenish them the second day. The same situation occurred with the bath soap. Having said that, we also did not complain, so management had no way of knowing. But it did happen both of the second days stay. A truly top notch hotel would not require visitors to complain to have the room in top shape.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank GardenCat69
Reviewed 15 April 2009

Stayed here last weekend for a few days. It was a nice place, but not the end all be all of nice places. It was clean, good location, small rooms, and average service. The exception being a few of the employees real go out of thier way to help you. A nice place to stay, but I don't get all the hype.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple