Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle
US$287
US$273
  • Fitness centre
3,116 results
All reviewsboka restaurantvirtual golfhotel experienceturn down servicesoaking tubpioneer squareroom servicepike place marketwater viewvalet staffupon checkcar servicecorner suiteluxury hotelwonderful hotelbeautiful roomcity view
Reviewed 28 September 2009

Let me start by saying that I deliberated between Pan Pacific and Hotel 1000 for about a month before I finally chose Hotel 1000.

Please for those of you doubting yourselves or torn between Hotel 1000 and somewhere else, I have one thing to point out: LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION!
Before making my decision, I was contacted by a social media coordinator, who read my forum post asking about Hotel 1000. She gave me some insight into the hotel and even put me in touch with a manager who could take care of a concern I had. They have a policy to charge an authorization one nights charge plus $200 per night upon arrival. This is ONLY an authorization. We were going to be there 4 nights so $1000 plus seemed ridiculous. Upon check in, they only authorized for $400. We didnt even have to ask her to do it, but she accommodated us.

Upon check in, the doormen were super cute and nice. Miko at the front desk was helpful, friendly and a fellow foodie so we would often touch base with her when we came and went. The concierge was excellent. Eric made reservations for us before we even got there, gave great advice, followed up with us and as a nice touch send us a free appetizer to the waterfront grill where he had recommended us to. His tip was earned:)

The hotel is modern, clean, and comfortable. Our double bed room was on the 12th floor with a city view which was just fine with us. We were told they only have ONE room with double beds that faces the water view and it was taken. Its noisy only if you open the window which opens only slightly. The bathroom is amazing (yes water from the ceiling- took baths everyday). The beds are AWESOME, bar is really cool, the safe came in handy, the tv screen-savers were fun, loved the ipod deck, turn down service everyday, helpful staff 24/7 and great products in the bathroom.

FREE WIFI IN THE ROOM!

AGAIN, when in doubt, LOCATION. Seattle has hills like SF. Do not disregard this as it will add to the time when trying to go to Pikes place, anywhere near the water and generally the heart of downtown. We were a 5 min walk away from Pikes place, the library, the water and so much more. OUr taxi rides were never more than $10 for ANYWHERE we went. LOVED LOVED LOVED this. Saved so much money staying here because of this.

We really didnt want to leave the hotel on the last day. Even weeks after our trip we are still talking about our cozy room, the beds and our friends who work there.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank msbout
Reviewed 24 September 2009

I would say this hotel is for the younger, hip crowd or for those who want to be surrounded by modern, trendy luxury.

The room had high-end finishings, very clean, modern. But the city view we were offered was a little disappointing since all we could see was mostly the building in front of us.

The service was a mixed bag. I told them I would be bringing my dog and was charged the extra fee but they forgot to put the doggie package of dog bowls blankets etc, in the the room. But, upon arrival we were in a hurry as we were running late for a dinner reservation, and they quickly got us up to our room and then drove us to the restaurant. They were very friendly and efficient.

I thought the value was appropriate. It was $350/night.

The location was okay, very busy in downtown Seattle.

We arrived back at the hotel around 1130pm and it was busy with guests having drinks in the lounge and restaurant.

Reviewed 18 September 2009

My wife and I stayed here based upon Tripadvisor reviews, and we were delighted with our stay. This small trendy downtown Hotel has not only a great location and a great restaurant, but also a fabulous friendly staff! While we are not by nature into 'modern art/architecture', the ambiance of this hotel is hard to beat. Having 2 daughters who live in Seattle, and having 'sampled' many of the hotel in the downtown area, this hotel has now become our favorite!

1  Thank jtimhall
Reviewed 17 September 2009

This hotel was recommended to me by a Seattle local, and she couldn't have been more right on the money. We were looking for an upscale, hip hotel with beautiful rooms and great service in a convenient location. Hotel 1000 was all this and more. I was thrilled the moment we drove up, greeted by well-dressed bellmen who welcomed to an amazing lobby. The room was beautifully decorated (think Elle Decor), the bedding was sumptuous and the funky bathroom was beyond cool (loved the ceiling mounted tub filler!). We stayed for five nights and enjoyed fabulous dining recommendations from the ever-charming Eric, the best concierge we have encountered. The Boka Restaurant was great for breakfast and after-dinner drinks. It was an easy walk to the Pike Place Market, as well as to the ferries, to the Seattle Art Museum, library, etc. Loved eating at Canlis Restaurant (it's going on our Top Ten Restaurant list of all time), Lola, Etta, Cactus, Wild Ginger, and Ray's Boathouse while in town! I miss Seattle already...and especially the wonderful staff of Hotel 1000.

1  Thank NorfolkMom
Reviewed 9 September 2009

When I researched a hotel in Seattle for a honeymoon destination I was very particular about what I was looking for. I did not want my wife knowing where we were going, so it had to be a pleasant surprise. There is nothing worse than arriving at a hotel that is NOTHING like the pictures and website. Hotel 1000's website doesn't do the place justice. From the moment you step off the curb you are greeted by concierge and valet workers. They make your check-in immediate and no hassle.

I reserved a city-view room with a king bed and was hoping to have a pedestal tub like the ones featured on the website. I walked downstairs and talked to the front desk and asked them politely if there was any way to get that certain room. I explained I was on my honeymoon and was really looking forward to those special rooms. They didn't even hesitate. They apologized that I wasn't in the room I wanted (It wasn't there fault!) and immediately moved all our bags to the perfect room (at no extra cost of course). They even went as far as giving us a complimentary bottle of chilled champagne and fresh chocolate covered strawberries.

The rooms are immaculate and are not dirty at all. The housekeeping service does an incredible job and the condition of the hotel overall is perfect. They obviously pride themselves as being extremely professional and courteous. They abide by the old way of business; the customer is always right. Not many places still honor that.

The BOKA restaurant looked very good for food, but we explored all the little "hole-in-the-wall" places we could find. We weren't disappointed. There was not one bad meal the entire week. We stayed for 9 days and ate at Pike's place almost every morning for fresh breakfast.

The hotel is perfectly located in an area where walking anywhere is feasible. The only time we needed a taxi was going to the Space Needle and the airport. The taxi costs were very low.

All in all, Hotel 1000 is a hotel where you can't go wrong. If you are worried about reserving the perfect hotel for an incredible trip, then this is your hotel. They will not disappoint you, and they will go the extra mile to surprise you and make your trip special.

My wife and I have been back in Texas for two months, and we show people pictures of not only Seattle but our amazing hotel!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple