“Gem of a Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Gem of a Hotel”
Reviewed 2 February 2010

Couldn't have been more pleased with the Hotel 1000. We were there for business and the staff and facilities were all excellent. The water views are spectacular. Great location. The price we got was ridiculously low for a hotel of this caliber. It is a very high-tech hotel, the tubs fill from the ceiling, the minibar is computerized. The cleaning staff notify you on the screen of your in room telephone. Free VOIP calling. All in all it is the perfect hotel (for business or for a trip to the great city of Seattle. ) As you can see, I'm a fan.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank cjthekid

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (490)
  • Korean first
Honolulu
Reviewed 27 January 2010

Stayed at the Hotel 1000 twice now and both times we have had an exceptional stay. From the concierge to the bell man to the front desk, everything was exceptional. We were even driven to the 24 hour market on a Sunday night by the front door man because we needed some medicine. Highly recommend this beautiful hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
charlottesville va
Reviewed 26 January 2010

just returned after spending 2 nights. The room was absolutely gorgeous -- corner with large windows overlooking city, large bathroom, exceptionally clean. Service was excellent -- prompt, courteous; coffee in the library and free champagne near front desk available. bar trendy with good food. The location was ideal -- just blocks from Pike Market and city center. Compared to other high end hotels in other large cities (e.g., DC) this one was superior. Would definitely return.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Missouri
Reviewed 21 January 2010

We spent 3 days in downtown Seattle and loved this Hotel. On our flight back to Missouri my wife and I discussed other hotels we had seen and could not think of anything even comparable. It was new, fun, nice, clean, friendly, and close to everything we wanted to do. Great stay!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 20 January 2010

I stayed the weekend of Jan 15-17 2010. If there ever was a time that a hotel stepped up and impressed me, it was this one! First off, the room- a corner junior suite overlooking 1st ave and Madison. Very spacious, plus the bathroom was amazing in itself. The whole room is set up for the tech junkie. Forgot your cables? No worries- they have some in the closet. Good thinking! The courtesy car is a great amenity that I took advantage of a couple times ( more on that in a sec). Anyway, it's within walking distance to Pike Market, Seattle Art Museum, and numerous pubs and restaurants. I did walk to the Space Needle one morning, but I reccomend taking a cab or the car if it's available. This is where the hotel staff went above and beyond - while in Seattle I was mugged near the SAM one night. I had to be taken to the hospital, but I was released a few hours later. I called the front desk to have them send a cab for me, but instead they sent the car. It felt like to me that the staff made my welfare a top priority. Even upon arriving home I was met with an email from the hotel making sure that I didnt forget anything, and they even offered help with any police reports regarding my incident. Just for the record, I do not hold the hotel nor the city responsible for the acts of 2 street thugs that I was unfortunate enough to run into. I will definitely reccommend the Hotel 1000 to everyone I speak to. I look forward to staying there in the near future!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank ThatTrvlGuy
California
Reviewed 14 January 2010

This hotel was fantastic. The rooms were modern, expensive, and chic, without being overly fussy. Our bathroom had a glass wall with a privacy shade and a tub that filled from the ceiling, very cool. I forgot my umbrella and they supplied me with one.

The service at this hotel was amazing. My favorite thing? The complimentary curbside caddie (a black Cadillac town car) chauffeured by a friendly staff member. We were there for five days however and it was only available for us once when we needed it. But that one time was great. I also particularly enjoyed that there was always an elevator waiting for us in the lobby when we got in for the evening
Drawbacks, there is no easy hotel to airport transportation besides a taxi which runs between 32-40 dollars. A shuttle service would have been very nice. They also don't mention anywhere online that this rather expensive hotel is right next door to a 24 hour sex shop.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
Oregon
Reviewed 23 December 2009

We needed a few days to explore downtown Seattle before taking a cruise to Alaska and we found this sparkling gem! We loved the muted colors and the lighting of unusual artwork. It was very cosmopolitan and chic. The rooms were extremely comfortable, modern and impeccably clean and comfortable. High end ammenities. The spa was clean, well kept and very compact. The massage was ok. The neighborhood was really fun and great nearby restaurants along with the famous fisherman's wharf which can keep you entertained for hours! The concierge did a great job assisting us and we had all around really great service. The bell men were also super!

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family