“Excellent Hotel, Impeccable Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hotel 1000
Ranked #11 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Edinburgh
“Excellent Hotel, Impeccable Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2010

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights after our Alaskan Cruise.

The Hotel Location is excellent, just 5 minutes from cruise ship port.
Nearby restaurants and shopping are plentiful.

The staff are pleasant and cannot do enough for you.
All in all probably the best hotel I have ever stayed in, can highly recommend to anyone considering accommodation in Seattle, you will not get better than this.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
  • Korean first
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2010

My husband and I recently travelled to Seattle for our first anniversary and his birthday. This hotel was AMAZING - the location can not be beat, the service was excellent and the rooms were well appointed and clean. I was so pleased with everything about this hotel and would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone. If and when we go back, we will definitely be visiting Hotel 1000 again!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Shanghai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2010

Amazed by the genuine service, the attention to details and over experience! Simple things add up. My registration with Allison was great. She treated me as a friend not a sale. When I arrived I was greeted by a happy doorman. the experience continued at the front desk. I felt like I was a regular VIP at the hotel, yet this was my first visit. The room is amazing (I stayed in the normal room, not a suite or upgraded room. The TV system has everything, including hook-up for you i-Pod. Don't worry if you forgot your i-Pod cables you will find loaners in your room! The bathroom is very cool! The bath tub is huge with a rubber ducky and all the bath supplies you could want. And of course, the bed is great. I could have spent a day just enjoying the room and hotel amenities. Needless to say, Hotel 1000 will be my hotel for all of my Seattle business trips!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank oneswellshell
Edmonton, Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2010

Booking ~ Booked on-line about 3 weeks before the trip using the web special. Booked the Luxe Guestroom (no view or suite) for $180 a night which is well below the regular price. I called to confirm 3 days before and they sent me an e-mail for pre-arrival that we could fill out and send back requesting car service from the airport or to book spa services, etc. We didn't book anything at that time, but did let them know we would be arriving early (8:30 am) and if we could check in early. We asked the best way to get from the airport to the hotel. They suggested car service for $75, taxi service at about $35 or the Link Light Rail at $5. We opted for the Light Rail. It was only a few blocks to the hotel from the station and we travel light so it was excellent and a great way to see the city (takes about an hour).

Check-In ~ We arrived at 8:30 am and were not only checked in immediately, but were upgraded to a choice of rooms that Jaime took us to to check out. We were given the choice of a suite with a sitting room, but no tub or a city view corner room with a tub. I wanted the tub! We were unpacked before 9 am. Incredible!

The Room ~ Room had ceiling to floor windows on 3 sides. Tons of natural light. Awesome.
King bed was very comfortable with fabulous sheets. So soft. My husband loved the pillows, but I prefer a firmer one, which they sent up immediately.
Sitting area with a chair, coffee table and couch (pull-out). Very comfy place to read your choice of complimentary newspapers in the morning.
Desk and technology area was well-equipped with cords (iPhone, etc) if you forgot them. FREE Wifi, which is usually such a rip off when you have to pay. Laptop size safe (large enough for 13 inch, not sure about 15 inch though) and really fun options on the TV). Free local AND long distance calls.
Bar, coffee area was nice. Ice in bags right outside our room in coolers rather than those loud ice machines.
Bathroom was a highlight for me. Beautiful shower (enough room for 2) with a comforting shower head. Incredible 2 person bathtub that fills from the ceiling and the tap is on the wall which means no tap or spout in the way. It was really relaxing, especially with a window overlooking the city (there was a shade that lowered electronically if you wanted). Molten Brown products were nice and I appreciated the large bottles on the wall instead of those wasteful small bottles that you take home, but never use.

Boka Restaurant ~ We had brunch and it was good. I loved the truffle fries!

The Studio ~ Nice seats and fire to sit around. We played a game of checkers on the computer table (like a huge iPad).

Spaahh ~ I had a body treatment done (Enrapture). It was relaxing and great for my skin. On par price wise with any other hotel I have had spa treatments.

Virtual Golf ~ My husband did this while I had my spa treatment. He booked a tee time the day before, but may not be required. Only negative was that someone had left there young teens there and they were messing around in the second tee box. It didn't bother my husband, but when two others came to really play they wouldn't leave. More of a parenting thing than hotel thing though. They also have a Wii with an assortment of games.

Library ~ Lovely room with classic books and comfy chairs.

Front Desk, Housekeeping, Concierge and Overall Service ~ Early check-in and up-grade was great, thanks Jaime. Complimentary coffee and or iced tea in the lobby was welcome! Housekeeping was done promptly and wonderfully whenever we pushed to button to have our room made up. We were never bothered when we had the electronic Do Not Disturb on. Excellent recommendations for dinner and reservations made, thanks Colten and Casey. We went to Metropolitan Grill and Casey had an amazing appetizer waiting for us. Above and beyond. There was a town car to take us around downtown as a complimentary service. We are walkers so we didn't use it, but we saw others use it and they were impressed.

We were there celebrating our anniversary and we came home on our first night to a note from the staff as well as a plate of superb cupcakes and Happy Anniversary to us written in chocolate on the plate. Yummy!!

Check-out ~ Quick! We also used the Business center to print out our boarding passes. We walked back to the Light Rail and headed home.

Overall ~ This hotel was amazing, clean, modern and service was the best I've ever experienced. Location was great for us and we walked everywhere! We will return and recommend.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank rvhavingfun
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2010

Hotel 1000 was totally awesome. We were somewhat unimpressed with Seattle; just another big city. Hotel 1000 made the trip worth it. It's all about the service and the people who know you by name. The valet's were better than any I've seen anywhere in the world. Jamie worked out a great deal for us. BOKA is also somewhat unimpressive. No hot coffee drinks but great service as well.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank woozymom
Miami Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2010

Last year my wife Christine and I came to Seattle for our five year anniversary. We stayed at the Hotel 1000 and I have to say it is my favorite hotel that I stay out. Super swanky, contemporary, amazing service, great decor, etc. The restaurant is just ok. I ordered a veggie burger and it was nice - just nice.

This trip was all business but when I came back to the hotel I felt happy.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank MichaelMeacham
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2010

My husband and I travel often and are very discriminating, picky travelers. This hotel exceeded our expectations. From the valet service to the front desk, everyone was friendly and helpful. Our room had a beautiful view of the water. The room had very nice touches and the bathroom was fantastic with that glass wall and huge bathtub with water coming out of the ceiling. At check in, the woman (Itzel or something close to that) asked if we were celebrating an occasion and my husband proudly blurted out, "her 30th birthday," (much to my embarrassment)! When we went back up to our room after walking around a bit, the hotel had delivered champagne and strawberries with a personalized note saying happy 30th birthday. It was a very nice, unexpected touch. When we went down to dinner at the restaurant the front desk greeted us by name and they had only spoken to us once! To us, those are the things that really put a hotel at the top of our list. The restaurant had great drinks too. A lot of the time hotel bars can be a rip off, but we watched the bartender make our drinks and he used excellent liquor and did not short change us on the amount of alcohol. When we left, the valet attendants were excellent. One opened my husband's door and one opened mine. They got our seat belts for us and left us each a bottle of chilled water for the road. Overall, a great experience! Thank you!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple