“Not great--and erroneous charges on my bill”

Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle
Ranked #14 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 May 2010

I stayed one night at the hotel 1000 recently. For the class of hotel, I was surpised by the lack of professionalism in the staff. It seemd like there was no one working there over the age of 25. As if the adults had all gone away, and it was being run by college students. When I received my credit card bill later, I found an additional charge by the hotel that I did not recognize and did not authorize. I tried calling the hotel about it, and left a voice mail for "Bernard" in Accounting. I never received a return call from anyone at the hotel. So, I was forced to challenge the charge with my credit card. The hotel sure responded to them in no time with a false claim that my rate did nto include free valet parking (which it did--and was why I was not charged for it when i checked out). After a second go-around, the hotel finally realized thier mistake and reversed the charge. but it was a lot of effort--and symbolic of how poorly the hotel is run.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank venicesnapper

Reviewed 24 May 2010

We live near Seattle, but booked a one-night stay at Hotel 1000 to spend my husband's birthday in the city. We arrived a bit early for our check-in time. Check-in was at 4pm, and we got there are 3:40pm. They informed us that the room would not be ready until four, so we left our bags and opted to walk around the city for a little while.

We returned at 4:30 and our room was still not ready. The staff was very apologetic and offered us free drinks and an appetizer in the Boca Bar. We weren't hungry, but the weather had taken a turn, so we accepted the offer and went and sat in the bar. The staff said that they would come get us when our room was ready.

We waited, and waited, and waited. Finally at 6:30pm (two hours later), my husband went to check to see if our room was ready. The woman at the front desk looked mortified. "They didn't come to get you??" she said. Our room was actually ready, but nobody had bothered to tell us. We were finally escorted up to our room. It was a lovely, large room that looked out onto the sound (we booked an ocean-view room).

The woman who escorted us up also personally brought up our baggage and apologized again, offering us free breakfast and late check-out which we were only too happy to accept.

We generally had a nice stay in the hotel. The room was clean. The tub was cool, and the view was beautiful. We did order room service breakfast. It came quickly and was tasty.

When we checked out the next morning, our free breakfast and late check-in had been correctly noted in our file and there were no further mishaps. I do appreciate it when a business admits that they screwed up and goes the extra mile to try to make it right. Because of that, I recommend the hotel 1000 to anybody staying in Seattle. The location is great, the rooms are lovely, and the service is very accommodating.

1  Thank Mackenzie S
Reviewed 20 May 2010

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights after our Alaskan Cruise.

The Hotel Location is excellent, just 5 minutes from cruise ship port.
Nearby restaurants and shopping are plentiful.

The staff are pleasant and cannot do enough for you.
All in all probably the best hotel I have ever stayed in, can highly recommend to anyone considering accommodation in Seattle, you will not get better than this.

Reviewed 10 May 2010

My husband and I recently travelled to Seattle for our first anniversary and his birthday. This hotel was AMAZING - the location can not be beat, the service was excellent and the rooms were well appointed and clean. I was so pleased with everything about this hotel and would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone. If and when we go back, we will definitely be visiting Hotel 1000 again!

Reviewed 5 May 2010

Amazed by the genuine service, the attention to details and over experience! Simple things add up. My registration with Allison was great. She treated me as a friend not a sale. When I arrived I was greeted by a happy doorman. the experience continued at the front desk. I felt like I was a regular VIP at the hotel, yet this was my first visit. The room is amazing (I stayed in the normal room, not a suite or upgraded room. The TV system has everything, including hook-up for you i-Pod. Don't worry if you forgot your i-Pod cables you will find loaners in your room! The bathroom is very cool! The bath tub is huge with a rubber ducky and all the bath supplies you could want. And of course, the bed is great. I could have spent a day just enjoying the room and hotel amenities. Needless to say, Hotel 1000 will be my hotel for all of my Seattle business trips!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank oneswellshell
Reviewed 21 April 2010

Booking ~ Booked on-line about 3 weeks before the trip using the web special. Booked the Luxe Guestroom (no view or suite) for $180 a night which is well below the regular price. I called to confirm 3 days before and they sent me an e-mail for pre-arrival that we could fill out and send back requesting car service from the airport or to book spa services, etc. We didn't book anything at that time, but did let them know we would be arriving early (8:30 am) and if we could check in early. We asked the best way to get from the airport to the hotel. They suggested car service for $75, taxi service at about $35 or the Link Light Rail at $5. We opted for the Light Rail. It was only a few blocks to the hotel from the station and we travel light so it was excellent and a great way to see the city (takes about an hour).

Check-In ~ We arrived at 8:30 am and were not only checked in immediately, but were upgraded to a choice of rooms that Jaime took us to to check out. We were given the choice of a suite with a sitting room, but no tub or a city view corner room with a tub. I wanted the tub! We were unpacked before 9 am. Incredible!

The Room ~ Room had ceiling to floor windows on 3 sides. Tons of natural light. Awesome.
King bed was very comfortable with fabulous sheets. So soft. My husband loved the pillows, but I prefer a firmer one, which they sent up immediately.
Sitting area with a chair, coffee table and couch (pull-out). Very comfy place to read your choice of complimentary newspapers in the morning.
Desk and technology area was well-equipped with cords (iPhone, etc) if you forgot them. FREE Wifi, which is usually such a rip off when you have to pay. Laptop size safe (large enough for 13 inch, not sure about 15 inch though) and really fun options on the TV). Free local AND long distance calls.
Bar, coffee area was nice. Ice in bags right outside our room in coolers rather than those loud ice machines.
Bathroom was a highlight for me. Beautiful shower (enough room for 2) with a comforting shower head. Incredible 2 person bathtub that fills from the ceiling and the tap is on the wall which means no tap or spout in the way. It was really relaxing, especially with a window overlooking the city (there was a shade that lowered electronically if you wanted). Molten Brown products were nice and I appreciated the large bottles on the wall instead of those wasteful small bottles that you take home, but never use.

Boka Restaurant ~ We had brunch and it was good. I loved the truffle fries!

The Studio ~ Nice seats and fire to sit around. We played a game of checkers on the computer table (like a huge iPad).

Spaahh ~ I had a body treatment done (Enrapture). It was relaxing and great for my skin. On par price wise with any other hotel I have had spa treatments.

Virtual Golf ~ My husband did this while I had my spa treatment. He booked a tee time the day before, but may not be required. Only negative was that someone had left there young teens there and they were messing around in the second tee box. It didn't bother my husband, but when two others came to really play they wouldn't leave. More of a parenting thing than hotel thing though. They also have a Wii with an assortment of games.

Library ~ Lovely room with classic books and comfy chairs.

Front Desk, Housekeeping, Concierge and Overall Service ~ Early check-in and up-grade was great, thanks Jaime. Complimentary coffee and or iced tea in the lobby was welcome! Housekeeping was done promptly and wonderfully whenever we pushed to button to have our room made up. We were never bothered when we had the electronic Do Not Disturb on. Excellent recommendations for dinner and reservations made, thanks Colten and Casey. We went to Metropolitan Grill and Casey had an amazing appetizer waiting for us. Above and beyond. There was a town car to take us around downtown as a complimentary service. We are walkers so we didn't use it, but we saw others use it and they were impressed.

We were there celebrating our anniversary and we came home on our first night to a note from the staff as well as a plate of superb cupcakes and Happy Anniversary to us written in chocolate on the plate. Yummy!!

Check-out ~ Quick! We also used the Business center to print out our boarding passes. We walked back to the Light Rail and headed home.

Overall ~ This hotel was amazing, clean, modern and service was the best I've ever experienced. Location was great for us and we walked everywhere! We will return and recommend.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rvhavingfun
Reviewed 13 April 2010

Hotel 1000 was totally awesome. We were somewhat unimpressed with Seattle; just another big city. Hotel 1000 made the trip worth it. It's all about the service and the people who know you by name. The valet's were better than any I've seen anywhere in the world. Jamie worked out a great deal for us. BOKA is also somewhat unimpressive. No hot coffee drinks but great service as well.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple