“Pan-tastic Hotel!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Pan-tastic Hotel!”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Our huge, light-filled suite provides us with a gorgeous panoramic view of Seattle’s iconic Space Needle. The décor in browns and beige and gray and soft blue that mirrors the sky along with an over-sized soaking tub in a Japanese-inspired bathroom with a see-through section into the living area, relaxes one immediately upon entry.

For the business types, there’s ultra high-speed wireless internet access, a 24-hour fully-equipped fitness center with dry saunas, whirlpool and more. In our room sits a huge HD Plasma TV, but why break the spell? Who wants to watch the news?

Located at 2200 Westlake Plaza, from the hotel, it’s a short walk to the Space Needle and only four blocks from downtown with streetcar service directly in front of the property. Thus, we are minutes away from Nordstrom's flagship store, Seattle's premier Pacific Place Shopping Mall, the city's vibrant financial center and exciting restaurants located in and around Lake Union.

The Pan Pacific’s sleek design by Hirsch Bedner features soothing limestone interiors and light-filled spaces that create an aura of relaxation. It’s a cosmopolitan oasis, and to our delight, a Whole Foods Market® is located right next door.

For supper at the Seastar Restaurant and Raw Bar, I select the cedar plank, roasted wild Northwest King Salmon, cooked by Seattle’s renowned chef, John Howie, who owns four downtown restaurants. My spouse selects Alaskan Halibut Provencal. Our server, Jessica, recommends appetizers from the Raw Bar. I select scallops ceviche with mango-kiwi relish, lemon lime and cilantro while my spouse opts for Dungeness crab cakes with baby greens and kaffir-lemongrass vinaigrette. Dessert is a tasty strawberry–rhubarb crisp. Everything here melts delightfully in one’s mouth.

In the morning, a Pan Pacific driver takes us gratis to the harbour for the next stage of our journey, an Alaskan cruise. We vow to return soon to Seattle.

Room Tip: Our corner suite with a panoramic view of the Needle was hard to beat.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mike K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I was here recently for a week on business. The rooms were spacious and comfortable, and the staff friendly and helpful. The location is fine - it's not right downtown, but Seattle is small enough and walkable enough that it's not an issue - you can easily walk to Pike Place market and a variety of bars and restaurants. I would definitely recommend it, and will likely stay there again on my next trip.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jon C
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Stayed for 3 nights with 2 rooms, loved everything about it, everyone was super friendly, the rooms and views were great!! The fitness center was excellent, and we were near everything. Parking rates could have been discounted a bit @ $39 per night is quite steep even for Seattle, our friends stayed 2 blocks away and they had free parking. Other than the parking thing the hotel has it right.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Michael C
San Jose, California
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Comfortable rooms with modern decor (reminds me of the St. Regis), friendly and helpful staff, and great location: away from the city center so it's quiet but within comfortable walking distance of major attractions.

The hotel also offers a town car service and will do drop off/pick up to any location within 2 mile radius of the hotel. The service runs 7 days a week, from early morning until late night.

There is also a Whole Food's in the same plaza, which was very convenient.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jarlin S
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Yes the location is great, the room well appointed with fluffy towels and robes. But the best thing about the hotel is the friendly staff and excellent housekeeping. This was our third stay and we were warmly welcomed back at check in by front desk agent "D". On day one we went for breakfast and our room was already made up when we came back a very short time later. The front door staff and valet parking attendants were very helpful. The growing number of restaurants and shops in the area continue to enhance the already convenient location.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank geminimonkey
Boston
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed here for one night before our our flight to Southeast Asia for our honeymoon. Check in was great and the staff was courteous and friendly. They sent us a complimentary bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries which was greatly appreciated.

The room was spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable and I loved the bathroom.

The hotel's complimentary car service was quite handy and we took advantage of it and the driver took us to the lightlink station at Westlake.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kim-Marie
Seattle_PanPacific, Manager at Pan Pacific Seattle, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Congratulations to both of you on your recent marriage and thank you for choosing the Pan Pacific for your time in Seattle. I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your honeymoon as well as your trip to Asia. On behalf of our entire staff, we wish the two of you a lifetime of happiness and nothing but the best. We hope to be able to welcome you back again in the near future.

Jeff Isenberg
Director of Rooms
Tucson
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I cannot say enough good things about my stay at the Pan Pacific in April. I needed a place to decompress before I returned home. The Pan Pacific was perfect. From the moment I drove up, I was greeted warmly and with authentic kindness and concern. The staff remembered my name and would always say hello or inquire how I was, if they could help, etc… I was a little rattled during my stay, and the staff's perfect mix of sincerity and professionalism was wonderful. The room was spacious, the tub was so relaxing, the shower had good water pressure and the beds were very comfortable. Room service was great, the restaurant was perfect for me, a good choice of healthy foods. I had the opportunity to visit the spa, and the staff there was fantastic and my treatment was incredible. The facial I had from Stevie was wonderful,and she was so helpful with providing information and writing it down! I also loved the location, in that I could go to whole foods and the yoga studio across the courtyard was lovely. I did not get to take a class there, but their gift shop was delightful and the staff there was as kind and lovely as everyone I had met during my stay at the Pan Pacific. I don't think I 'll need to look further for places to stay when I visit Seattle, as I believe the Pan Pacific is the perfect place.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
It is an honor to hear that you considered your visit to the Pan Pacific Hotel Seattle the "Perfect stay to unwind." I am glad that you felt our service was personalized and that you enjoyed some of the many luxurious amenities our hotel has to offer. Please let us know if there is ever anything else we may assist you with in the future. We hope to see you again soon.

Jeff Isenberg