“Not my style but good effort”

Pan Pacific Seattle
Ranked #18 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Though disappointed at this hotel as our travel agent's choice pre-cruise, it grew on us. It is a little off the beaten path, but the staff is excellent and try their darndest to make guests comfortable and happy. Yes, you do feel as if you are in Tokyo with the decor, but the lobby bar is welcoming for cocktails and also serves an excellent breakfast. The front desk staff is superb and does its absolute best to take care of your every need. The complimentary car service - which will take you anywhere within a two- mile radius when available - is fabulous. Rooms are comfortable and clean, with beds that we loved, complete with high-end linens. Again, not my preferred location, but...given that...the staff win you over time and time again and get six stars from us.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
RyanC647, Community Relations Manager at Pan Pacific Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Elena,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Pan Pacific Hotel Seattle. It's nice to hear that we were able to win you over and upset your initial reaction to our location in the city. We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed the delicious breakfast offerings of our Lobby Bar, took advantage of the complimentary town car service, and found the beds to be comfortable and restful. We hope that you enjoyed your time in our fair city and that you had a great time on the cruise.

Please do consider us for a future stay in Seattle!

Warm Regards,

There are newer reviews for Pan Pacific Seattle

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We had two rooms at the Pan Pacific Seattle for a family getaway. The hotel is a little north of the main downtown area, but is definitely in walking distance to the Pike Place Market, Seattle Glassblowing Studio, NikeTown, Macy's, etc. The Lobby Bar has excellent breakfast and lunch food, and is a cool, contemporary place to relax. The rooms had great amenities and really nice baths. The one drawback was the beds. They were very hard. None of us liked them at all. The staff at the Pan Pacific were really nice. They told us that the beds are new, but that we could certainly request a mattress pad (foam, or some other kind) the next time we stay there. (And we will!) There's a Starbucks next door, and a Whole Foods market right downstairs. Pan Pacific is certainly my hotel of choice in Seattle. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
RyanC647, Community Relations Manager at Pan Pacific Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

A sincere thanks to you for taking some time to write a review of your recent stay at Pan Pacific Seattle. We are so pleased to learn that you found our location in South Lake Union to be convenient for sightseeing, shopping and dining. It's also wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the food and service in our Lobby Bar. As you mentioned, we are happy to provide additional padding for the beds should they be too firm for you and your family. We are eager to welcome you back to stay with us during a future visit to the area.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We opted for the mini-suite for our pre-cruise stay. While the decor made me feel like I was in a Tokyo hotel it was comfortable. But the best part of the stay was the complimentary town car service. We probably saved by staying here because we had several places to go to meet family staying at other hotels. There was no wait at any time we needed it (even took us to the ship). Also, having a Whole Foods downstairs saved us from eating out every meal (they even steamed some fresh halibut for my lunch one day).

Room Tip: Mini-Suite gave some added room to spread out
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank chas57
RyanC647, Community Relations Manager at Pan Pacific Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for the great review of your stay with us in Seattle. We think we are the perfect choice for a pre-cruise stay and it's so nice to hear that you found our complimentary town car service to be a valuable amenity. We would love for you to consider a stay with us in the future on your next trip!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I had to stay here for work in July 2014. I was there for three nights. When I arrived from the airport, I was immediately greeted by two men at the door. They grabbed my bag from the taxi and took me to the front desk. The girl at the front desk was very nice and told me all I needed to know for my stay. When I got up to my room, I was amazed by the room. The bathroom was spacious and open, which I like. The bed looked comfy and I loved the huge window view of the long road. I was facing the bay and could see the water in the distance. I ordered room service my first night in and enjoyed the food.

The only downside to the whole stay was the TV. The first night it wouldn't turn on. So I had to call and get it fixed. The buttons on the remote didn't work well, if you wanted to change channels you had to go through the whole list. The closed caption didn't work, which I frequently use. The second night the TV wouldn't turn off either with the remote or the side buttons, so I unplugged from the wall. The third night I had no problems with the TV.

Anytime you called downstairs, they'd answer with your name and they took care of anything I needed. When I was ready to go back to the airport on my last day, I told the guys at the door and within a minute there was a taxi available for me to get into.

The lobby bar was fun to relax in, delicious breakfast my last day there. I would definitely go back there again...great hotel...just fix the TVs! I had another girl I was in training with complain about her TV as well.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank heather t

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed the luxurious guest rooms and that our team took good care of you upon arrival. We sincerely apologize for the issues that you experienced with the TV. Please know that we are working diligently to correct the issue. We do hope that you will consider us for a future trip to the Seattle area.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Everything was great. Whole Foods in the basement is incredible. Starbucks is convenient. Staff was very polite and helpful. They have a "city car" that will take you anywhere within two miles, and even come pick you up if you don't mind waiting. Great overall experience. Only drawback is the $40 valet parking per day.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for the lovely review of your stay with us in Seattle. We love to hear that our associates are doing a great job assisting our guests with their needs. We are pleased that you were able to take advantage of the town car service! Please do consider us for a future visit to the area.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

For a four start hotel, we were very disappointed. The bellman showed us the room and where the mini bar was. Thanks to another reviewer I checked the information sheet over on the desk and did indeed say that if anything was moved in the mini bar, the guest would be charged by the computer. The bellman should have pointed this out. Next, he asked if we would like ice. He brought us an ice bucket with a bag of ice in it that had partially melted and then frozen. It was a solid block. I'm sure he could tell and perhaps he thought we could chip it to death. Not so.
There is a large opening into the bathroom from the bedroom. Yes, there is a screen that slides over it, but does not stop the noises from the bathroom. If one person wants to get up earlier, there is no hope.
There was a charging box on the desk. Nice touch? We plugged in our electronics to find in the morning that the charger was turned off and obviously nothing had charged. There was no obvious on and off switch, just a small button in the back. Who was to know?
The worst thing is actually dangerous. As you walk into the room, the bathroom is on the left and there is a short hallway going into the bedroom. They have placed a wardrobe there that sticks out about 12 inches and takes up most but not all of the length of the hallway. In the middle of the night, I came out of the bathroom and turned left to go back to bed. I smashed into the side of the wardrobe with my face and 4 days later I still have a knot on my forehead. I learned in the morning that my husband had done the same thing coming the other way. It would have been nice if this had been pointed out to us by the bellman. New place--middle of the night--you are not thinking about obstructions.
They brag about their luxury linens, but the bottom sheet is not contoured, nor is the mattress pad. When you pull of the tucked top sheet the bottom sheet comes out. The mattress pad and sheet bunched up as we turned and was totally uncomfortable. I would never return.

Room Tip: Chose another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

We sincerely appreciate that you have taken the opportunity to provide us with feedback on your recent stay and are disappointed to learn that we did not meet your expectations. We take your critique to heart and are always looking for ways to address issues to ensure that our guests have an enjoyable experience. We will definitely share your thoughts on the check-in experience with our associates and work to improve messaging of in-room amenities to allow guests to be fully aware of how our system is set-up. Similarly we could be more clear in communicating how the desk top chargers function. We installed the ice chests on our elevator landings as a way to provide convenient access to ice without the noise of an ice machine. Clearly in this instance we failed to meet your needs and apologize that our team did not provide you with ice that could be easily used. We will also explore ways to minimize the risk of bumping into our guest room wardrobes. We would greatly appreciate the chance to provide a more enjoyable stay on a future visit to Seattle.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Everything about Pan Pacific was great. Will definately stay again. Perfect location and perfect service. Pikes Market not to far. Norstroms not to far. This one is a keeper and will come back again!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Pan Pacific Hotels Group

Thank you so much for taking an opportunity to review your stay. It's so nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our location to be convenient for you. We hope to welcome you back soon!