“A Wonderful Valentines Getaway”

Pan Pacific Seattle
Ranked #15 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 February 2009

This is the first time my wife and I ever stayed at a "luxery" hotel and I have to say, we were not use to the type of service and comfort that the Pan Pacific provided us that weekend. The moment you enter the building, we were in complete awe. The service made you feel like you were a celebrity and the guest room was beautiful. The best part? The bed. The bed was like floating in clouds. My wife suffer from tension headaches and I suffer from chronic back pain, and most nights at home, its hard to get a good nights sleep....but first time laying on this bed.... you feel completely weightless, its wonderful. The bill of course was something you have to be prepared for...but compared to other luxery hotels, the price is very competetitive. If we could afford it, I would not stay at any other hotel but this one. Draw back would be that we could not find a garage in the area (even though they did say they had one), so we were pretty much forced to get vallet, but to my understanding, to use of the garage and vallet are pretty much the same price. Also drawbacks, no fridge. You have a minibar, but youre not able to put any of your stuff in there, unless you wanna chance it and get charged for opening the bar or moving something inside. Lastly, no vending machines. If you want something to drink, you're pretty much limited to getting tap water from your sink...unless you want to spend the money on a soda from a mini bar, which is very expensive. Ice is delivered by room service only....pretty much obligating you to tip the guy...but even the ice is fancy! Like i said, price is expected from a hotel like this, just be sure to expect a little more extra out of your pocket besides the nightly rate.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,625)

Reviewed 9 February 2009

My wife and I decided to stay in town for our anniversary and booked two nights at the Pan Pacific. Upon check in we were upgraded to a suite which had a balcony and a great view of the city. The room was very nice with a king size bed, large soaking tub and free standing shower. The room was well equipped with a steamer to press your clothes, two plush robes and even umbrellas (in Seattle, a must!). Just after we arrived in our room they sent us a great bottle of champagne and a card signed by the entire staff. Nice touch! The hotel is right on the new street car route so it is quick and easy to get to the heart of downtown Seattle. The Seastar Restaurant just opened at the Hotel which is one of the best all of the greater Seattle area. We had a great weekend and highly recommend the Pan Pacific.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ranter88
Reviewed 11 January 2009

We live in Vancouver, Canada and my wife and I frequently travel to Seattle for weekend getaways. This time we chose the Pan Pacific and were we impressed! I have to admit the location was a concern but it's a nice walk from the downtown core and there's always the trolley. The property is very nice and the staff, from the valet to the front desk personnel, is excellent. We will not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SamVancouver
Reviewed 10 January 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed 2 nights in this hotel and we were both very impressed. I've stayed at the Hotel Monaco and The W in downtown Seattle and this is my new favorite hotel. The location was surprisingly good: a 15-minute walk to the Space Needle, or a quick 5-minute streetcar ride to downtown (Westlake Center). The Whole Foods store is very convenient, and the in-house restaurant had great food.

We really enjoyed our room and loved the big, deep bathtub (we were in a standard queen room). The fitness center was AWESOME - the best hotel fitness center I've ever been to - plenty of cardio machines and lots of nice weight equipment, as well as a lovely view. They also have a sauna and hyrdotherapy pool.

Service was great, staff was wonderful, valet was upbeat and professional. A fantastic stay!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank TrilliumOR
Reviewed 6 January 2009

WOW WOW WOW. This is all that can really be said about this hotel. The hotel is wonderful.

The staff are friendly and are willing to go that extra mile to make your experiance wonderfull. The rooms are huge and decorated in a very luxurious style. The bathroom has both a shower and bath and incorporates a quicrky screen to allow full view from the bedroom.

We also have room service breakfast in the morning and my girlfriend was so impressed by the orange french toast that she know makes it herself on specil occasions.

The only drawback is the location which is a little way outside of Downtown Seattle but with the trolley (used to be known as the South Lanke Union Trolley or SLUT) outside you are only 5 mins away.

Amazing stay and would certainly stay again

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mwillan
Reviewed 31 December 2008

Excellent stay. Very nice room, very good rate. Lovely bathroom. STaff was exceptionally good. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2008

The Pan Pacific was one of the best hotels I've stayed at, and had qualities of much more expensive hotels (at least at the price I paid). Rooms were gorgeous, beds were comfortable, and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

Granted I stayed at this hotel in '07 but I'd recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business