“Spacious room, good location”

Pan Pacific Seattle
Ranked #17 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 August 2009

Very nice modern stylish 5 star hotel Room very spacious, especially looking to location, almost in downtown Seattle. Only some blocks walking from downtown. Valet parking is same price as self parking, so donot bother. The restaurant in the same building is perfect. The Whole Foods supermarket is wonderful. For us as Europeans this is a hot spot! You can have breakfast, lunch and dinner in this supermarket. It was just a perfect stay for two nights.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 August 2009

Stayed at the end of June with a friend, this hotel is wonderful! The gym and spa are beautiful and the rooms are amazing and very clean. Loved the deep soaker tub after a long day of touring Seattle. Staff made an error with a breakfast charge but fixed it immediately. The location is fantastic too, just a few blocks from Seattle center and the space needle and very close to the downtown core. Cant wait to stay again.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2009

This may be the finest hotel I've visited (and I've stayed in Four Seasons, Fairmonts, and other 5 star hotels).
We booked a basic King room and were upgraded to some sort of nicer King room that had a sofe sleeper and huge floor to ceiling windows along two walls. (Room 314). The design and furnishings of the room exceeded any other big city hotel room I've visited.
The hotel can be spendy but if you can get a deal on travelzoo or orbitz, take advantage and go. Even if you can't get a deal, this makes for a nice splurge.
We were grateful a hotel of this quality allowed us to visit with our Lab, Daisy.
We were with small children and having a huge Whole Foods market on the ground floor made it incredibly convenient (though not cheap) to put together each morning's breakfast or pick up items for the day's adventure.
The staff was wonderful and attentive. For example, when our room was cleaned, the attendant lined up all our daughter's toys and dolls and cutely arranged them on her bed. (She loved that).
The parking is expensive but that is normal at a big city hotel.
The neopolitan pizza at the adjacent Tutta Bella pizzeria was excellent.
I would return to this hotel with great anticipation.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2009

My wife and I stayed a Thursday and Friday night in July 09. We managed to get an amazing rate for the room from Orbitz. The hotel is so cool. The room was marvelous, with a fusion of East and West.

Perhaps the highlight of the stay was dinner in the Seastar restaurant downstairs. Incredible fish and seafood. The Parmesan encrusted halibut was 'to die for'.

There is also a wonderful "Whole Foods Market" downstairs, which does a superb 'Bistro' breakfast in their cafe if you don't want to pay hotel rates for breakfast.

Great hotel - especially if you can get a bargain on Orbitz or equivalent.

One word of advice. If you have a car, use their valet parking rather than self-park.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2009

1010 is an upgrade, but well worth it. Corner suite with King Bed and windows all along two walls. One window looks out on the Space Needle, the other window looks out on Lake Union. Whole Foods grocery is right outside the hotel and is a great place to eat breakfast or even a casual dinner as the hot food bar is amazing.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rjcraddock
Reviewed 29 July 2009

We stayed here for two awful nights!! The staff is poorly trained and for a relatively new hotel, it is not maintained well. When we arrived in our first room it was not what I had reserved. Informed front desk about this and were asked if I had really reserved an Executive King. I told them that I had the confirmation letter and then they remembered that yes, in fact, I had reserved that type of room, but it wasn't ready. We wasted the first few hours of our trip switching rooms and waiting for our luggage. Was a bottle of wine sent to our room or flowers to compensated for frustration and time wasted? NO!!!. What was sent to our room, which seemed quite shabby compared to the first room that they sent us to, were three -- count them -- 3 different engineers on separate times to fix the TV, a door that wouldn't lock and a smoke alarm that kept going off at 10:00 p.m. and kept my young children awake for 50 minutes.

I have one positive thing to say about the hotel and that would be the location. It was quite handy to be next to the Whole Foods, Starbucks, and a great pizza place - Tutto Bella Neopolitano! Other than that don't bother with this hotel. Our last night in town was blissfully spent at the Four Seasons -- the smoke alarm thing did me in -- definitely worth every penny!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank luxuryoregonmom
Reviewed 23 July 2009

This hotel was practically perfect. It was very modern and extremly clean. The staff was very courteous and professional in every way. My family and I stayed in the executive suite. It was roomy (525 square feet) with a large bathroom and balcony. We had a car so the location was not an issue. The hotel does provide some morning and evening transportation to the tourist attractions. I would like to clear up some things I read in reviews that may help you on your trip. First, the hotel does not have an ice machine but the will gladly send ice complimentary to your room if you ask. I this is an important point, it is amazing what happens if you just ask for something. Also, parking. Yes, if you do park in the garage it is $33.00 a night. But after 6:00 it is free on the street and there is plenty of parking. We went to Seattle to see the sights so we were gone all day and parked on the street at night, no charge. The gym- it is really across a beautiful courtyard not a street and it is not far at all. It is very nice and accessible 24 hours with your room key. The best thing of all is you have access to a whole foods grocery store which has everything you could possible need. I did a lot of reasearch on hotels before I booked this one and I have no regrets. This hotel was perfect, no complaints!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family