“A bean cassoullet that was near perfect”
Review of Tilth

Tilth
Reserve with OpenTable
Tilth is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #214 of 4,384 Restaurants in Seattle
Price range: US$31 - US$80
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Lake Union
Cross street: Interlake Blvd.
Transit: bus lines: #16, #44.
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My son and I had dinner here during restaurant week. We selected off the limited menu and supplemented it with the roasted delicata squash, wine and coffee. The restaurant is a converted house with both indoor and outdoor seating. Though the tables appear close together, they're not and we had ample room. The noise level is on the high side but not totally annoying. The menu is locally sourced and identifies items that aren't certified as "organic." I began with the goat cheese tart topped with anchovies. It was well filled so the saltiness of the anchovies didn't overwhelm the cheese flavor. My next course was a total winner: the bean cassoulet. I was overwhelmed by the smell, and then I tasted it. Heaven in a bowl. The mushrooms were just the right touch. The squash was equally excellent, roasted and then prepared in a brown butter. My son shared his mussels with me. It was another good choice but I preferred the cassoulet (and so did he). I finished with the chocolate ganache cake and decaf coffee. The coffee was excellent. The cake was well done. The wine list is short and 50:50 domestic to imported. The domestic tends to Washington and Oregon. The service was very careful and professional. We were tag-teamed by a couple of servers and that was nice actually. This restaurant is definitely worth many repeat visits.

1  Thank mariocat

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Tilth is a house restaurant with small tables and modern informal, intimate
interior. The ingredients, all locally sourced, contribute to menus weighted
to vegan and vegetarian dishes. A superb carrot risotto is one. Outstanding
soups, less successful (oversalted) fish courses. Nice flights of local cheeses
in small portions. Wine list is geared to Washington state and is a bit
sparse. You will not dine expansively but you will dine well. Sound levels
may be a bit lively. Careful, professional service.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Tilth offers a true dining experience. The staff is knowledgeable, helpful and attentive. I am sometimes wary of "organic" restaurants, but I was pleasantly surprised. The food is out of this world with combinations of flavors are delightful, and they have some wonderful wines at very reasonable prices. Four of us ordered several appetizers and shared so we could all get a taste of a number of things, and we were not disappointed. For the main course, I had the short ribs, and they were the best I have ever eaten. I am counting the days until I am able to return to Seattle and return to Tilth.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Once again, we visited Tilth while visiting Seattle. (Fourth visit in four years--we check reviews and keep returning!) It was as good as ever, and as busy and bustling as ever!

The food is so well prepared and the flavor combinations very interesting. I like the casual atmosphere and enjoy watching the diverse crowd of patrons.

The servers are so knowledgeable and I like their "shared service style" with the whole staff helping with each diner.

My only complaint--and it is a chronic one in so many restaurants these days--noise level! We enjoyed ourselves anyway--the food and ambiance and service and company made up for it.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

We made a reservation three weeks ahead by recommandation of our Lonely Planet guide book and were happy for this choice. We both had the non vegetarian tasting menu with five courses, and they were all creatively made and well tasting. The waiter explained the ingredients of every dish while serving. The restaurant cares about their garden and meat products and you can taste it. The food is modern north western, and I think that the ideology of this restaurant is similar to the modern nordic cuisine that we know from a number of top class restaurants in Denmark.
My wife chose two wines by the glass and I had the tasting wine pairing. It consisted of one WA-wine and four European wines, of which I had not heard of two of them. Personally I would have appreciated a tasting wine pairing only with American wines, because I am not used to American wines and therefore want to learn more, but the European choices were definitely not to blame. The inside tables are close to each other but not in a way that conversation from the other guests in the filled up restaurant disturbed our own conversation.