“Great Bohemian Vegan Café”
Review of Wayward Cafe

Wayward Cafe
Ranked #373 of 4,113 Restaurants in Seattle
Price range: US$3 - US$9
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Bellevue
White Rock, Canada
“Great Bohemian Vegan Café”
Reviewed 31 December 2012

When we're in the University District, we usually stop at our favourite teriyaki place but my wife likes vegan/vegitarian food. I'm a committed carnivore, but I do appreciate veggie food once in a while.
This is a nice place if you're looking for a bohemian style, bus-your-own table at a reasonable price vegan restaurant. It's a little "grungy", but has tons of atmosphere.
The staff is very helpful in making choices, if you have questions about vegan food. I think they see themselves as strong advocates for the whole dietary lifestyle.
They have all day breakfasts as well, which is a nice feature.
Lots of tempeh, tofu and seitan boiled, braised, deep fried in innumerable ways. Just goes to show you don't have to sacrifice taste for good health. They have a very good selection on their menu.

• Visited December 2012

Seattle, Washington
“Great vegan breakfast!”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I've only eaten breakfast here. It's yummy. I always get the chocolate chip pancakes and hash browns. They serve mostly vegan dinner food. It's a great place for vegans and non-vegans!

Visited June 2012
Bainbridge Island
“Great down home vegan food”
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Wonderful, filling, flavorful food without animals in it! What could be better? I love this place! I had the philly sandwich and it was marvelous and enough to last the rest of the day! Good prices, great food and right across the street from sidecar for Pigs Peace!

Visited October 2012
Massachusetts
“Delicious vegan comfort food!”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

After searching around for vegan restaurants to visit for our first trip to Seattle my husband and I were so excited to try this place out - the huge menu alone was enough to convince us when we walked in that we made the right choice! They have every type of breakfast food you can think of all veganized plus a good assortment of lunch and dinner options. I ended up ordering the vegan crunchwrap supreme and my husband got the club sandwich with fries. The food came out really quick and was delicious! The crunchwrap may have been a bit thick for my liking with a little too much fake crumbled meat, but I happily switched with my husband to the club and was in heaven. This is a bus your own table kind of place, but it was so worth it! We also ended up trying mozzarella wedges from there and some buffalo tofu. Highly recommended!

• Visited May 2012
Philadelphia
“filling and yummy!”
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I took the trip out to Wayward Cafe after talking to a staffer at Left Bank Books (the anarchist bookshop near Pike Market!). My hubby and I were looking for suggestions for places a vegan and a meat eater could both be happy and it wouldn't cost a million bucks. (We were staying in a downtown hotel, surrounded by very expensive places without much to offer for vegans) She recommended Wayward Cafe, which is open daily until 4 pm. We stopped by yesterday and even though it was an all-vegan spot, my meat-eating husband was satisfied. For $20 we had two filling entrees. I don't remember the names of the entrees we got - but one was a toast with gravy and greens. we liked this a lot. We also got a breaded/fried fake chicken thing with biscuits and fries. We liked the biscuits quite a bit. It was worth a visit and I know if I lived in Seattle, I would go there again.

Visited January 2012