“Wow! Great Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Steelhead Diner

Steelhead Diner
Reserve with OpenTable
Steelhead Diner is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 4,079 Restaurants in Seattle
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, View
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: First
Transit: All downtown bus routes end near or around our address: 95 Pine Street.
Vancouver, Canada
“Wow! Great Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

We lucked out and were in Seattle during a dining event and got an amazing three course meal here for just $15 each, but the regular menu looked amazing and the food we had was simply excellent. The blackened salmon was cooked to perfection and the polenta was the best I have ever had. The chocolate pecan pie was very good and the service was excellent. The soup, salad, and entrees all looked delicious and I would love to go again to try more dishes. I give this place an A+!

1 Thank GreenLakeReener

Fishers, Indiana
“Nice find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

My wife and I were in Seattle for a cruise that departed the next day. Of course, once we were in place at our hotel, we set off for Pike street market. As we approached the market with its iconic sign in front of us, we stopped at an information booth about places to eat. I said I was willing to pay around $15 a person for lunch and I hoped there was one nearby. The very nice lady directed us to Steelhead Diner and gave us a ticket like thing to give to the waiter when we got there. I stuffed it in my pocket. "Turn to your right", she said " and walk up one block and then turn left." So we walked up the one block to Pine Street and took a left. The diner was no more than 30 steps from the corner. The atmosphere was pleasant, the prices were under $15 for sandwiches and so I was happy. We ordered the GRILLED ULI’S ANDOUILLE SAUSAGE RICH BOY. My wife and I divided it and I was soon full. About half-way through the sandwich, the waiter came by to check on us and I pulled out the forgotten slip of paper the information lady had given me. Well, it turns out we were supposed to give it to him earlier and we were to get a free appetizer. Instead, he gave us a piece of chocolate pecan pie!! It was delicious. AND it was free!
We're not in Seattle all that often, so I don't know how the rest of the menu is but we enjoyed our sandwich, had great service and topped it off with free pie. I would definitely go back-- maybe with a stop at the information spot beforehand. : )

• Visited September 2013
Cowtown, TX
“Underwhelming”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Looking for a pleasingly warm place to enjoy a nice lunch, we ducked into Steelhead after a rainy morning tromping around the market. It had a nice crowd and seemed inviting so I must've just ordered wrong. They had a 3- course "deal" so we went for that. The butternut bisque arrived lukewarm and waaay too hot-spicy for my taste (i am a certified wuuus about chile-type spice). It is my firm belief that menus should fully disclose items containing chile spice. So it comes as no surprise that when the salmon arrived, it was also covered in a chile rub. My hubby says I shouldda known that "Red and Black Salmon" meant chile peppers, but i didn't. They tried to accommodate by cooking a new piece of salmon sans spice but of course that meant that my husband & I dined separately.

Montreal
“Delicious, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

My experience with this restaurant was for a company function in the private room. The service was very good, lots of good wines and beers. The main dishes were impressive and we were offered a "buffet" at each table: for main dishes, we had an amazing salmon, lovely beef strips on polenta, and a delicious pasta. The desserts were amazing - standouts were the pecan pie and the pumpkin cheesecake. The private room has a nice view of the water. Passing through the main restaurant, it was tempting to go again to have another experience. The location is very good. Highly recommended.

Dallas, Texas
“Perfect.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

We were able to be seated on a Saturday evening early, without a reservation, in one of the small-ish booths adjacent to the grill counter. Our service was impeccable: helpful, informative, friendly but discreet. We ordered the special daily menu which included a sampling of freshly sourced appetizers, entrees and desserts - and these folks are serious about the thought and care they put into that menu. Long after the particulars have been dulled by all the mediocre dinners since then, what stands out in my memory is this: perfection. We will make it a point to return - with a reservation this time - on every visit.

• Visited March 2013

Been to Steelhead Diner? Share your experiences!