“Exceeded expectations!”

Seattle Food Tours
Ranked #7 of 78 Food & Drink in Seattle
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Eat like a local! Discover Seattle's rich culinary scene one neighborhood at a time. We're your foodie friend in the city, sharing our favorite places to eat and drink while covering history, people, and events that make each place unique. To insure you have a local experience and not a touristy one, we don't use hearing aids or have you follow around a pink umbrella. This an intimate fun tour lead by passionate guides who want to insure you have a great time enjoying the best food in Seattle.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Silverdale, Washington
“Exceeded expectations!”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I joined a group of 6 friends for this fantastic food tour of Pike Market on a Wednesday morning, and highly recommend the experience. Our guide, Penny, was exceptional-- enthusiastic, informative, and entertaining. I've lived in the area for over 30 years but did not know the history of the Market, nor many of the little out-of-the-way unique shops. I now know what truffle salt and crumpets taste like. Thanks, Penny, for a unique and tasty experience.

Seattle, Washington
“Capitol Hill Media Tour & Progressive Dinner”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Thank you to Michael Rogers, our guide, for a really great food tour In the Capitol Hill neighborhood. I live in Seattle and have spent a lot of time in all parts of the city and on top of visiting cool places, I learned a lot interesting things about the neighborhood. Every establishment we visited on the tour was a first for me, and I will recommend each one of them to my friends and family.

Quick run through:

We started at Bar Cotto and introduced ourselves to one another over a glass of wine, some very good cured meats & Lambrusco. I really dug the vibe of this place.

next was a French restaurant Le Zinc. we walked in and we had places set at the bar (I believe we had a smaller group than usual of 6) and were greeted by one of the owners of the restaurant. he was very nice and I could tell he was making sure that we had a great experience while we were there. We ate a dish of the Chef's choosing, a very good Salmon dish. the Bar tender was super friendly, and knowledgeable also, we got a great lesson on absinthe and the proper way to serve it. and each of us bought some sort of absinthe cocktail that was great. the only issue I had with this stop was that the bar area was VERY warm, and I am a big guy who has a high body temperature all the time. It was a little uncomfortable for me personally.

next we walked a few short blocks to a Japanese sushi restaurant & bar called Momiji. We were sat at a table and served an off the menu Butterfly Roll. Now I have never been a fan of sushi, but I really loved it this time. I actually went back after the tour and bought an order of it to take home with me, with extra wasabi because I am awesome. the restaurant is really nice and we all shared a couple orders of hot and cold sake. My horizons have officially been broadened.

Next we walked a few more blocks down to a Local Northwest cuisine restaurant, The Tin Table. it is located in a 100+ year old historic building and has a really great atmosphere to it. Romantic even. we were served another dish of the Chef's choosing. It was a grilled piece of Northwest White fish, and an interesting and fancy formed salad with a kind of chutney(?) on top. I apologize that I can't remember the components of the dish, it was all very good and I enjoyed it. but the star of this stop for me was a Cocktail that the bartender had actually just come up with and was entering it into some sort of, what sounded like, a national craft cocktail competition (Tales of The Cocktails I believe) It was an incredibly refreshing and sweet cocktail with a cucumber flavor and thin cucumber garnish. I want to drink that this summer while I am on the Puget sound sailing this summer!! as we left The Tin Table we were given a short tour of the really cool dance halls that are on the same floor by the manager who took care of us during our stop. I definitely want to return to this establishment!

And finally our last stop was a couple blocks back and on the same block as Momiji, D' Ambrosio for a cup of Gelato. I tried the Pistachio and the Chocolate Hazelnut Nutella. it really was a great way to end a great time and experience.

I found out about this awesome company that was founded by our guide Michael Rogers during my first time attending the Taste of Washington event. I love the idea behind Seattle Food Tours, and Michael is a really cool, and genuine guy. It is such a fun way to experience the city and some of what it has to offer.

It would be a perfect thing to do if its your first time visiting Seattle, or if you are a local and you have that conversation with your significant other " what do you want to do?", "I don't know. What do you want to do?"

All of the Participants on the tour were very friendly and it was fun getting to know them. I think it is an incredible deal and is money well spent! I highly recommend this tour, and will definitely be checking out the other tours offered.

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun way to taste new restaurants”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Our excellent tour guide, Michael, led our group of six through a fun, informative, and tasty tour of five restaurants in Capitol Hill. I would recommend this tour for both locals and visitors!

Lynnwood, United States
“Great team building activity”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Our executive team enjoyed the Belltown Food tour and would definitely do it again. It was fun to try different food and great to sit next to a different coworker each time we switched restaurants. It was also fun to hear about some of the history of Belltown. Even though our office is actually IN Belltown we all learned a bunch of interesting info. Thanks Michael for a great event!

24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Perfect intro to Seattle”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

A friend and I decided to do this tour while she was in town visiting. It was Comicon weekend, so we were the only people on the tour with Leslie (lucky us!). It was great to hear the history of the market, and Leslie was great about giving us the facts without it feeling like a lecture. Since we had her undivided attention, we asked a lot of questions, and she always knew the answer! The tastes on the tour were delicious - highlights were gelato, salumi, and smoked salmon. Also - the tour was only scheduled for 2 hours, but we just got to chatting and walked around for almost 3 hours. Point being, we never felt rushed and learned a lot. We would definitely take another tour with Seattle Food Tours!

Visited March 2014