“Lovely thin crust pizzas”
Review of Serious Pie

Serious Pie
Ranked #19 of 4,217 Restaurants in Seattle
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 25 May 2012

The restaurant is small and gets packed quickly, but if you don't mind the wait, the interesting concoctions of thin crust pizza that doesn't use a lot of tomato sauce is a definite must try. I think only about 2 of pizzas have red sauce, according to a conversation I overhead between an employee and someone trying to find pizza with tomato sauce. What this place does very well is take pizza to the next level - thin, flaky but chewy crusts topped with some very gourmet toppings - whether you want coppa, arugula, and eggs, to porcini mushrooms with truffle cheese, this place has it.

Everytime I think pizza in Seattle, I think Serious Pie. No where else.

Reviewed 23 May 2012

Come for amazing thin crust pizza, served in an inviting and convivial atmosphere. Sharing is the name of the game, so cozy-on up beside your fellow diners on communal long tables. Makes for some great conversation. If food is the name of your game (as it is at Serious Pie), dig in on thin crust pizza that's been baked to perfection in their specially designed oven. Crust is crispy and slightly charred in just the right places. The ingredients really sing praises of fresh, local west coast goodness.

We enjoyed the pesto/olive oil based sauce pizzas over the tomato based sauces as we found the tomato based sauces tended to leave parts of the crust a bit soggy near the end. But a very minor issue. The sausage pizza was amazing.

And you must, repeat MUST, have the root beer float while you're there. I almost had two, had my dining companion not restrained me.

Reviewed 23 May 2012

We were wandering around town and itching for a late lunch. Serious Pie was only a few blocks away so we headed there. Got there at 3pm and discovered it was happy hour, even better! $4 for draft beers, $5 for wine features, and $6 for mini pizzas (~8-9" individual sized).

With such value, we ordered 5 different pizzas to share amongst the 3 of us: fennel sausage, crimini mushrooms & truffle cheese, tomato and bocconcini, clam and pancetta, and duck egg and coppa. All pretty tasty but our definite fave was the mushroom one! Because they were cut into 6 pieces, some of the corner ones did get shafted with not much toppings. They were thin crust which was nice. My fave crust is still at a place back home, but for the price here, it was still great!

Atmosphere was relaxed, seats were comfy, service was friendly. A great place to enjoy pizza, beer and chats. It did start getting busy a bit towards the end of happy hour, but we didn't feel rushed to get out. We'll be back, esp. for happy hour!

Reviewed 21 May 2012 via mobile

Serious Pie was a great dining experience. It was smaller than I expected, which was nice as it made the experience very intimate.
The pizzas we had (one was a pork belly special and one was the Italian sausage) were both exceptionally tasty. I had read some reviews about the lack of toppings on the pizzas, but given the quality and taste of the toppings, you don't need them piled on. I think they got it just right.
Altogether a great place to eat!

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Fabulous atmosphere. Tom sure nails the design features, and the rest follows. Great service, excellent food, best pizza outside Italy, wonderful desserts; how much better can it get ! And, good value.