“Please Change Your Sheets - Sleeping on Dirty Sheets Is Way Wrong”

The Arctic Club Seattle - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #26 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Issaquah, United States
“Please Change Your Sheets - Sleeping on Dirty Sheets Is Way Wrong”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I spend about 300 nights a year in a hotel room around the world - up until this point the Arctic Double Tree was probably my favorite hotel. My fiancé and I have made a tradition the past several years of staying at the Arctic Club around the holidays (Always trying for Christmas). We have always had a wonderful stay at, again, our favorite hotel. On this trip, our check-in experience was top notch as usual and the concierge was outstanding in making our dinner reservations at Juno. We made a quick bag drop in the room after check-in and were off to enjoy an excellent meal and to make merry into the late night. Exhausted, we returned to the room and sleepily went right to bed - it was the next morning that we actually discovered that we had slept on dirty/bloodstained sheets. I could not believe what I was seeing and was completely shocked to think that the hotel that I have held in such high regard would allow such a thing to happen. I reported the issue to the staff on duty on checkout and they assured me that management would contact me but I am still waiting to hear from them. I value the time my fiancé and I have together - I always look forward to that special night at the Artic Club but after our experience this past Christmas and what appears to be little to no concern from the hotel management about our complaint - I'm thinking we may need to find another favorite hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

jgouge, General Manager at The Arctic Club Seattle - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. We are very sorry that you were disappointed with the cleanliness of your guest room. We try to be very vigilant in this area because we know how important it is for our guests. Based upon your review, we are actively working with our housekeeping staff so this situation doesn’t happen again. We hope that if your travels bring you back to the area you’ll consider staying with us again.

Jeff Gouge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Korean first
Saratoga, California
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

A typical Hilton hotel, nothing more.
I left a voice mail to the general manager a day before we arrived, never heard back from him. I calked before arrival to check on upgrades ( we reserved 2 conected rooms), since we are diamond HH members. the front desk manager explained that they have many like me, kept on explsing that he can upgrade me but then we willnot have a conected rooms ( traveling with 2 small children). he saud it again and again like there is something wring with me. he also saud that maybe he should build another floor to the hotel, completly out of line....
Juno resturant did not have an espresso beans throuout our 3 night stay....
We were asked how was our stay, I said:" could have been better" I got the replay " thanks for being honest".
The feeling is that no one really care, we expected much more but we were wrong.
Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad hotel, it's nothing service. We like luxury hotels, this isn't one.
The rooms are fine, clean, very comfortable beds, we didn't have any issues with the location and thought it was good.
Food in Juno was good.
One more thing, when you give the warm chocolate chip cookis upon arrival you should find a way to compensate small kids that can't eat nuts or make sure to have in stock some nuts free cookies.
Giving it to my excited kids and than take it away because they can't eat it was just not ok!

• Stayed December 2013
SF Bay Area
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We were only staying less than 24 hours but but say Room 709 smelled fresh, was spotless and the bed was outstanding. Downy soft comforter and pillows, I even check the labels would love to have this at home. The bathroom is large, very clean and modern. Outstanding customer service. Interesting view from this room but not the fault of the hotel. We weren't there for the view.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

2 Thank PirateGrl
Newtown, PA, United States
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I really liked this hotel. What a great find. As a business traveller, I often stay in hotel chains that are very generic. The Arctic Club, although owned by Hilton is a unique property that was staffed by a great crew who was both very helpful and professional.

1 Thank David Y
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 25 December 2013

I think room maid did good job of cleaning the room and changing the bed sheets. Also were good in filling the bathroom supplies.

Only thing this don't have Hilton honors executive lounge even though it's in downtown, but my guess it's a way to make money.

Even though stayed on Hilton honors 8th floor in early morning you can hear noise of car and bus during early morning.!!

location is great. just 50 feet from pioneer square station so it was easy from airport. don't need taxi or rental if you stay and want to finish your work in downtown.

vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 22 December 2013

The lounge needs work, as in the service provided. Inadequate and slightly stuffy about it. Never went into the restaurant nothing inspiring about it, fascinating that it was a mens club in days gone by. The dome room is interesting and reminiscent of the standard in early 1900's. Very fun and elegant in a masculine way. Valet needs very specific instructions though, if you have any special requests...

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

1 Thank Brigit K
Florence, SC, United States
Reviewed 19 December 2013

The Arctic Club is a nice place to stay while in Seattle. Hotel staff is friendly and attentive. Hotel has plenty of charm and history. The attached restaurant, Juno, has a nice selection for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Be aware that rooms facing 3rd avenue are quite noisy at street level. You'll hear sirens and people throughout the night. Request to stay on the Cherry Street side or the back side facing 4th Avenue.

1 Thank Russell F