“In a world of look-alike ticky tac boxes....”

The Arctic Club Seattle - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #26 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
New Lenox, Illinois
“In a world of look-alike ticky tac boxes....”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

...The Arctic Club was a breath of fresh air. We can not say enough about the elegance of this treasure. It had the feel of history without the musty pealing wallpaper I have found in other properties that claim to be history with elegance. The Club has some towering neighbors, they just made it seem all the more a boutique property! It is quaint and historic but amenities are 100% up to date.

The people from greeting at check in, to the bell man, to the maids, to the bartender to the wait staff- all served with sincere helpful friendliness.

Being a Diamond Member, it is gratifying to to get truly upgraded. But even if I had received a standard room, the experience would have been exceptional. The furniture, bed and the amenities are all first class. The best part for me was a third pound of real coffee -STARBUCKS!- with a coffee press to make it in.

Finally, being so close to first class public transport makes it a cabless experience, too! The airport is a clean & safe 20 minutes away.

Room Tip: Corners looking southeast and south and southwest have open views due to empty lot next across the s...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DPooleMWIS

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Korean first
Peachtree City, Georgia
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I know the ratings are overall favorable for this hotel, and although I have yet to experience the hotel, my early dealings are abysmal and disappointing.

We're attending a wedding at the hotel in Sept. I booked 3 nights at the wedding rate 3 and a half months ahead. This went fine. A month later I called to add two more days tacked on the end of these reservations. Asked for the same rate. After much on putting me on hold and making checks they said yes and to look for an email confirmation as their computers were having a problem. Apparently I was making these phone reservations with 'central' booking and not the hotel in Seattle.

Confirmation never came via email nor did a call saying they couldn't put this rate through. When I call back a few days later I now have the Seattle hotel reservations desk and there is NO reservation for these two add on days. I ask to talk with management to state my case.
This is where it gets interesting. No call back initially until I call again and demand a return call for quick resolution. When a return call comes and I explain the situation there is NO apology and no recognition of any wrong on their part. My rate has doubled and I'm asking for some consideration based on our agreement, my waiting and all the calls I have to make to straighten this out.

They will now call back with a decision after the director is consulted. Call comes next day, after I have called again that morning to prompt resolution. No, they won't honor the initial price agreement as it was 'central reservations and they don't have the authority to make this decision unfortunately'. No apology. No consideration for us and the ordeal to work it out. Zip.

If you want a hassle with a staff with attitude have at it. I booked those two nights somewhere else downtown where the staff acts like you matter. Might even cancel the whole reservation. Left with a BAD feeling now.

I hope the management doesn't tack a pat response to the end of my review. They had their chance to make some measure toward resolving so we all could be happy. I actually told the woman who helped me that I wasn't happy and wouldn't be happy until they resolved the snafu in someway other than making me fully carry what was a mistake on their part. They had no problem watching this guest leave the table unhappy. And, NO apologies after all this.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
jgouge, General Manager at The Arctic Club Seattle - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for your review of your recent experience discussing your reservation with us. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service and that you didn’t receive the prompt callbacks you requested. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding interaction with us and we apologize for the confusion regarding the rate for your room. We’ve shared your review with our staff and we look forward to seeing you when you come to visit in September. Thank you again for your comments.

Jeff Gouge
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed here last year and found the experience just as good as then. Check in was handled well and the same staff was on the reception desk. This is an old downtown hotel and if you are used to resort style rooms you will need to change your expectations. The rooms are small, though nicely appointed clean and the beds and linen are typical Hilton style. The restaurant, Juno, is on the bottom floor of the hotel and is quite good for breakfast. They also have an all new gym- moved from the basement to the street level. Warm chocolate cookies at check in and French press coffee in the rooms- what more could you ask for?

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Weston, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Great Hotel. Great Staff. Great location. Hotel is a converted building that is absolutely gorgeous. Large rooms with full amenities. Lobby area is very large with very comfortable seating and a full bar. Our room was quite large and furnished nicely. Room and bath very clean. Would stay there again when in Seattle.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Wadsworth, Ohio
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

What a great hotel with old world charm and all of today's amenities. The lobby is grand and takes you back to another era with overstuffed chairs and couches placed through lobby and an impressive bar and fireplace to draw you in. The rooms lived up to Hilton standards with beds that you just sink into. We had a corner room with views from all sides and window seats to enjoy it.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Key West, Florida
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. The service was excellent, beds were heavenly and the nostalgic feel of the building and room made it a really interesting stay. I loved the views, bathroom, and all the room amenities including a flat screen tv, stereo, wifi, office supplies in the desk and coffee and tea maker. The two lounges were really nice and comfortable and Juno was an excellent eatery. The hotel is in a great location and everything is within walking distance.

One piece of advice...avoid connecting rooms. I had to request a room change because of loud neighbors. You can hear everything through the door.

Actually two pieces of advice...don't be afraid of ghosts. I had some strange experiences while trying to sleep, one of which was my covers being pulled down over my shoulders. When I asked around, I learned the building has a haunted history.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Cruzaholic
Greenville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The hotel itself is quite interesting with the history behind it and that's what you're paying for. The rooms themselves are decently sized and we didn't have any problems there. We did have several problems with the service that we encountered with the hotel upon check in as well as during our stay; nothing too major, but enough to discourage us from staying here in the future. Firstly, we checked in at 11am and were told that there were no rooms available and that the hotel would call us when our room is ready. After wondering around downtown for quite a while, we became tired of waiting since we had just traveled across country and returned to the hotel only to find out that they had forgotten to call us. The next day, we had called the concierge for some items and had to call again 20 minutes later only to find out the concierge had forgotten about us as well (seems to be a theme here). Being a Gold HHonors member, I truly expect better from a hotel than this for $400 a night (they also forgot to give us bottled water - it's an included HHonors perk). Overall, it was an ok stay, but it is very likely that we won't return due to the inconsistency in service.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple