“Excellent experience at the Artic Club”

The Arctic Club Seattle - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #25 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
“Excellent experience at the Artic Club”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My wife and I recently spent two nights at the Artic Club and enjoyed it very much. Very attractive with a wood paneled club feel to it. Bar area attractive, restaurant on site was excellent. The staff was most helpful.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Korean first
Seattle, United States
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Beautiful hotel with the old building preserved so nicely. Staff was very polite and helpful. I received a corporate rate so that enabled me to stay there. Room got a little too warm at night and mini bar was noisy. Key I was given did not fit the mini bar. Not a big deal just reporting that.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Melbourne
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

The Arctic Club was a delightful hotel for our stay in Seattle. It's decor was amazing and we felt like we were back in the elegance of yesteryear. The staff were so polite and tried to be helpful with information in the city. The room was smaller than we expected but was so well finished it negated any disappointment. We were on the second floor which meant we got a lot of traffic noise, and I was surprised the windows weren't better sound proofed. On our last night the hotel had a wedding reception in its magnificent domed room. Only problem was the room next to us appeared to be occupied by the bride or her bridesmaids. Someone was having last minute doubts or some sort of meltdown and it was almost as though there was a contest between the occupants and the street on who could make more noise. Had it not been involved in a wedding we would have complained to staff. The parking and wifi were not included in the generous cost and seemed a bit like a sting upon check in. Outside of the noise and incidentals, it was overall quite a nice choice.

• Stayed July 2014
Carlsbad, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This location is good for business purposes, however, if you are traveling with family for leisure, be aware that the hotel is very close to the "skid row" section of downtown Seattle. If this is a family vacation, I strongly suggest you consider a different Hilton property.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank E C
Seattle, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This hotel was located perfectly in relation to the light rail. We did not need a car because everything was within walking distance. The staff was A+! Our first room was located on the 2nd floor and too much traffic noise could be heard outside. Although the hotel was quite full, they very accommodating in moving us to a higher floor.

Randle, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2014

From the moment you arrive you feel welcome and in good hands. The staffs first concern was to listen to our needs and acted immediately to make our stay as relaxing as possible. The room was clean and ready for us to relax and enjoy the plush accommodations. The bathroom was large with a deep tub and shower that a 6 plus foot tall man could comfortably stand without stooping. A French press with Starbucks quality coffee to help us get started first thing next morning. Juno restaurant on street level serves a great breakfast with more of that rich Seattle coffee. The Artic Club is not only a historic building but a quality place to stay with wonderful service.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel recently and I liked it very much. Since I paid good money for the hotel, I expected the place to be great and it lived to that expectation. The room I had was very clean and very nice. It had an old-time feel to it which was cute. There was also a nice bar in the lobby with a pool table if you wanted to spend some time. When I asked for suggestions to eat, the bellhop was TREMENDOUS giving me plenty of ideas and marking them on the complimentary map. Kudos to him!! One of the best things about this hotel was the close proximity to the subway. I took the subway from SeaTac Airport (it was about a 15-20-minute walk from my gate to platform) and the hotel was less than a block away. Also, that made it even more clutch when I went to the Mariners game since I took the subway to Safeco. And since the Seahawks Stadium is next door, this will work out nicely for NFL season. Be advised that the hotel is in the middle of a steep hill so walking around the area could be difficult for some. But if you walked down the hill, there were plenty of food and bar options and some quick stops like a 7-Eleven or pharmacy. The only negative I had was my room was on the second floor (which is the main floor) and it overlooked a bus stop so it was a little noisy at night. Since I stayed on the weekend, I can't say how loud it gets in the morning during rush hour during the week but it should be something to keep an eye on.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo