The Arctic Club Seattle - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
W Seattle(Seattle)
Hotel Seattle(Seattle)
  • Free Internet
1,732 results
All reviewspolar barjuno restaurantpioneer squaremen's clubdome roomdouble treepolar bearprivate clubcherry streetthe french press coffeewarm cookieshistoric hotelturn of the centurycolumbia towermodern amenitieslight raillobby bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Just stayed for three nights with two teenage girls to tour before heading to Vancouver. Super late arrival at 2am and was greeted by security and Eric, the night manager, like we were family. Staff was very friendly and helpful. One odd thing was room was never made up until late afternoon, early evening. The property is beautiful and location was great.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We were fortunate to be able to book this property on HH points, and would otherwise have selected a less pricey Hilton in the area.

The very best feature of this hotel is its location. We were able to walk to all the major attractions, restaurants and shops.

The room was spacious and impeccably decorated. The concierge and door staff were incredibly warm and helpful.

We really missed having some kind of outdoor space (patio, rooftop garden etc.) where we could unwind with a drink. The lobby lounge, which is elegant, but heavy and dark, did not provide an adequate substitute.

We ultimately found the waterfall park nearby and went there when we needed a little Mother Nature.

We note that several TA members complained about the service provided by the front desk. We did find that the female desk agent who checked us in was a quite frosty and inclined to simply point to the concierge any time we visited the desk to ask her a direct question, but found virtually every other staff member wonderful.

The breakfast menu options at Juno were amazing, but the first couple of days of our stay the restaurant was not adequately staffed during breakfast and the wait was very long. The
rest of the week, breakfast service was excellent.

We rated this "average value" because the fee for our room if we'd had to pay would have been $500
per night and we would never pay that for a hotel room.

But based on what other luxury hotels in the area were charging, it seems to be priced appropriately.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here three night on vacation. Beautiful hotel. Staff was nice but not very effective. Reported three times to have toilet fixed and still had to take the back off each time to wiggle it to get it to work. For the money we paid shouldn't have to any of that. Maybe they are just managed poorly. Location was good but for the price and service wasn't worth it to us.

Stayed: August 2014
jgouge, General Manager at The Arctic Club Seattle - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

We’re sorry we didn’t provide the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for the issues with the toilet in your room and we’re working with our maintenance team to ensure the situation doesn’t happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you’ll stay with us again and give us an opportunity to show improvement.

Jeff Gouge

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Everything from the linens, to the location was wonderful here. Would definitely stay here again. The bed was comfortable, the room windows were large to give an open feeling to the room. The bathroom was spotless and excellent décor.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I just got back from my stay here and this is by far my worst experience staying in a Hilton property. And I will mostly certainly not return to the Artic club. I agree with Lillian D's review below and had a similar experience. Please note - I am a Hilton Honors member and have stayed at numerous other properties in many other cities.

I had specially requested an early checking when making my reservation, then confirmed this by calling the hotel a day earlier and was told that it should not be a problem and I should be able to get early check-in, an email confirming this was sent to me. When I arrive, the front desk staff had no clue about my early check-in request and lectured me on how this is never guaranteed. When I offered to show her the email I received she checked and said - oh I see it now. When I requested that she tell me approximately when my room will be ready - she offered me a cookie and said she will call me when the room is ready. I politely requested to know an approximate time - still the only response I got is will call when ready. This is completely not an acceptable response. The front desk lady that checked me in was very cold and the least bit helpful. I had also made sure to confirm twice before I arrived that I needed a feather-free room, and well they didn't bother to see that until I arrived and made sure to spell it out again - again her response was, oh I see now (only after I had pointed it out again).

I finally received a cold phone message that just said - your room is ready just a little while before the actual check-in time. Whats the point of requesting an early-check in? I understand that this is never guaranteed and that is not the issue, it is the lack of understanding, laziness and cold attitude dished out by the front desk staff. Also, being a Honors member you are told that you get priority for such requests. I had also asked for a room with a better view - and what did I get, a room that looks out to the parking lot.

This is the first property where it seems that they went out of their way to make sure and do everything opposite to my requests. This is has never happened to me in a Hilton property.

Also, the remote in room was broken - the back was glued on and kept falling off and I had a hard time changing channels. There was a loud sound from the duct work/ac that was distracting enough that made me not sleep well at all.

If you work in the hospitality industry - the least that should be expected is that you know how to warmly speak with customers and be understanding (even if you cannot do what the customer asks for - at least listen and understand). OR do not work in a place where you have to speak with people. This cold treatment was absolutely unacceptable - I wouldn't expect this even from smaller motels or chains.

I agree with Lillian D's review below and had a similar experience. I shall not be returning here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
jgouge, General Manager at The Arctic Club Seattle - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We’ve addressed your review with our front desk staff and hope that next time you’re in the area you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.

Jeff Gouge