“Great location, and customer service”

Best Western Plus Pioneer Square Hotel
Ranked #30 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Calgary, Canada
“Great location, and customer service”
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Great location if you are planning to go to a Mariners or Seahawks game, within walking distance. Also the Underground tour is close by. Hotel staff was very friendly. Beautiful character hotel, originally buildt in 1914, and has been beautifully restored.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Pincher Creek, Canada
Reviewed 7 August 2011

My spouse & I have stayed @ many Best Westerns, this one is over the top when it comes to customer service. I had left my Sturgis 2010 hoodie in armor. Long story short, they mailed it back to me in Canada...at THEIR cost! I was grateful that they found it, as a lot of hotels would just say the item isn't there. When it showed up in the mail I was even happier we had chosen this hotel. The location is the best if wanting to walk Pier 57 or old Pioneer Square. Check out the glass blowing a block away!

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank giggly1961
Phliladelphia
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I called the front desk to cancel a reservation for next week and the clerk was RUDE, curt, abrupt and even asked me to call back later when I didn't instantly have my credit card available to verify the last 4 numbers. I might reconsider based on all these glowing reviews, if I needed to stay in a hotel in Seattle, but I hope you don't encounter the same man I did!!

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We stayed here for two nights before departing from Pier 66 on a cruise. We were a group with four generations (Grandmother, my Inlaws, Dh/myself and our 1yr old DD). We took a shuttle from the airport but could have easily taken the light rail for $2.75 had we not had our 84 yo grandmother. The hotel was perfectly located to walk to lots of restaurants, bars, the Underground tour, Pike's Place Market, the Space Needle if you are adventurous, an easy 4 minute walk to the light rail, and best of all it's right on the water and easy to walk all the great seafood restaurants and the Pier. Every room was a little different, we had four and they were all shaped different with different coffee pots (in-laws had a Keurig, Grandmother had a balcony) and the morning breakfast was really nice, fresh waffles, bagels, muffins, cereal, fruit, water, coffee and juice. I definitely plan to stay here for our next trip to Seattle (which will happen now that I fell in love with the city!)

Room Tip: Get one that faces the street, otherwise you stare at industrial stuff on the roof.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank jennygirlmt
chapel hill, nc
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We spent 3 days in Seattle in this hotel, walking distance to the Market, the ferries, and all the waterfront, very close to all transportation including to the airport. Friendly staff, comfortable, affordable, and quiet. Go to the Italian restaurant two doors down, excellent food, reasonable, good atmosphere. We ate at the Fishermans on the water, wonderful bread and spectacular view. Take the ferry to Bainbridge and the boat tour of the locks.

3 Thank basecampd
Nyack, NY
Reviewed 27 July 2011

This Best Western is located on the waterfront, close to the piers and within walking distance to the Baseball stadium/chinatown and of course-Pioneer Square. Because it is on the courtesy bus route(during the day), you can avoid the hills to get to the Fish Market and other places within the city. The room was comfortable and the breakfast was nice.
We enjoyed discovering another part of town after staying near the Space Needle before our cruise. The location of the Best Western hotel had some more grungy type bars, but we found some nicer restaurants. I couldn't imagine a couple over 60 or a familyenjoying its local very much.(Nearer the Spcae Needle seems better), but we found the area interesting and I enjoyed the underground tour which was minutes from the hotel,
Most important-if you are able bodied-there is a metro for $2.00 to the airport with a stop 5 minutes walk away from the hotel(slighly uphill) that will save you a $50 limo ride!

Room Tip: Ask to face the street!
Vancouver bc
Reviewed 26 July 2011

We came in to town on the Sunday after a terrible trip up the I-5. The traffic from Oregon to Seattle was BAD! It was one of the first nice days of the summer and everyone was out. It took us 12 hours to get to Seattle from Florence.
So We were tired and grumpy. .... But when we got to The Bestwestern Pioneer Square we were in for a delight. The room was wonderful, so well appointed. King size bed was comfy ! Great area very central.
We were given tickets for free appy at an Irish Pub down the street. Took advantage of that and we were very happy with the food and Beer selection. The Pub was called Fado.

I would like to keep this hotel "Our little secret" So don't tell anyone!

2 Thank comingforthesun