“Perfect!”

Ranked #30 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Melbourne, Australia
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I stayed 3 nights at this hotel, and was asked by the very friendly and helpful staff if it was ok that they placed me in one their smaller rooms (being a solo traveller perhaps?) either way, whilst the room was smaller than the rest, it still met my expectations! Very clean, nicely arranged and attractive room.
The location is in the historic pioneer square, I found this to be a great location and walking distance to anything that I needed. The pier on one side and downtown Seattle on the other, I didn't have any problems getting around. Seattle area is very friendly area with some really great people, I was even greeted my an 'ambassador' when I first arrived in the area who made sure I found the hotel ok.
Breakfast is also pretty good, a nice way to start the day in the dining room, before heading out to sight see. I have to say, this place was perfect in every way, highly recommend a stay here, even the price was very reasonable!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Hebrew first
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 26 May 2012

My husband and I went to Seattle for an anniversary long-weekend. I chose this hotel because I had airmiles gift cards for Best Western to use and the hotel was close to the Amtrak train station (less than $5 taxi fare).

It turned out to be a perfect choice. We were welcomed with a celebratory bottle of "champagne" for our anniversary, and two bottles of water and cookies after having signed up for Best Western Rewards. I asked for a quiet room and we were given a king sized room that overlooked the inside roof. No view, but very quiet and a lovely spacious room and nice bathroom. The bathtub was a small square with a bit of a seat in it. Good for showering (with the waterpik shower head), but not for taking a bath. The Neutrogena bath products were very nice (and they even had make up remover cloths).

Nice large flat screen tv, but we felt the bed was a little bit firmer than we would have liked (and my husband prefers firm beds). After the first night we asked if they had thinner pillows and were given new pillows and had a better sleep. But, oddly, housekeeping replaced them with the thicker puffy ones the third night and by the time we realised it was too late to call front desk (we were already in pajamas and sleepy and ready for bed). So the only downside was we didn't sleep very well for a couple of nights.

Complementary breakfast was lovely in a separate room with tables covered with tablecloths. Lots of good, individually boxed Kellog cereals, fresh fruit, yogurt, bagels, cream cheese, bread to make toast, and delicious make-your-own waffles (complete with strawberries and whipped cream!). The only downer was the doughy egg, cheese and bacon pockets.

The location is fantastic. Walking distance to several key sightseeing spots, lots of restaurants and pubs, and there is free transit within the downtown area.

The front desk staff are really friendly and very helpful. We would not hesistate to stay here again!

1 Thank iloveclubmed
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Great older, Historic property but the rooms are very nice and well appointed. VERY Clean, large enough and very comfortable. Trapp, at the front desk, made the extra effort in every way to make our stay great. We arrived early from the Amtrak station(about 6-7 short blocks away-easy walking distance). Being 4 hrs early, he stored our bags and recommended a terrific Deli a block away. He said he'd call and let us know when he could have a room ready since none were available at that time. He called 40 min later to tell us everything set for an early check in!! After eating lunch at the fantastic place he mentioned we headed back. The Pioneer Square area is nice during the day but would not recommend being out too late. The larger crowds coming back from the baseball games are safe but the area has a few "interesting" folks walking around later. Was only here one night as a stop over before flying home but was glad I chose this facility. Anna(I think was her name) and Trapp were there at check-out and were both excellent representatives for their Hotel.

Room Tip: Got a king bed city view room(paid a little extra) but wouldn't need it unless you get a high ro...
3 Thank Lamar02
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 8 May 2012

A great experience! The people are very friendly. The rooms are very nice and clean. Location is terrific, you can walk pretty much anywhere from here. I recieved an upgraded room which was nice. I also recieved a member welcome bag with cookies and bottled water. Free Wifi throughout the hotel with no charges or passcodes.The beauty of this historic building is breathtaking. I will stay again and again!!!

3 Thank Patricia G
vancouver
Reviewed 3 May 2012

My partner and I stayed one night at this hotel. The experience exceeded my expectations given the price of the room. I have stayed at other hotels in Seattle in this price range and BW was far superior. The woman who checked me in was very friendly. I arrived early and my room was not ready so she upgraded me to a suite! The hotel is a turn of the century building. The decor is consistent with the hotel's vintage and I found that very charming. The room was beautiful, spacious, and very clean. Modern bathroom fixtures, Neutrogena products, coffee maker, good lighting and free WiFi. We were asked if we wanted fresh towels in the early evening-a pleasant "extra" not common these days. The location of the hotel is perfect for tourists and is within walking distance of the Pier and most Seattle tourist destinations. Breakfast is included and was one of the best comp. breakfasts I have had lately. Great selection of hot and cold items and a large spacious dining room. Parking is an additional $20/night and the lot is about a 1 1/2 block walk from the hotel. There is "check in" parking at the hotel door however.Staff were very friendly and greeted us every time we entered and exited the hotel. They had good advice re restaurants and enquired if we were satisfied with everything when we checked out. I would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank annettefandwlver
Rochester, NY
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Nice, central location. Room was nice, fairly large with a Juliet balcony at the front of the hotel. Decent breakfast. Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Stayed here due to close proximity to the Amtrak station which was only a 5 minute walk away. The hotel is pretty close to Pikes Place as well. The hotel is an older building that has been refurbed very nicely. We had a corner room close to the freeway but because of the double glazing on the windows the noise was minimal and the view of the harbour was nice. The room was large, spacious and clean. It has a great coffee machine in the room. The staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was ok. There were a number of homeless people close by the hotel but they seemed harmless enough and didn't hassle us. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family