“Online pictures led to great expectations”

Best Western Plus Pioneer Square Hotel
Ranked #30 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I chose this hotel based on its historic location, to stay in after a cruise. It was highly recommended by many reviewers here on Tripadvisor, and the pictures online were appealing. The reality was disappointing,however. The historic district where it is located, at least on Sunday, looked like a ghost town, with vacant buildings with restaurant names on signs but no longer tenanted. The hotel lobby and breakfast room were somewhat gloomy and cluttered looking. We arrived at 9 am, and left our luggage there and explored the area, taking a tour of the historic underground which was entertaining and informative. While waiting for the tour, we ate at the café inside the tour building and I had the best Panini ever. We returned to the hotel around 2:30 pm to see if our room was available yet, and it wasn't. We were exhausted, so we just sat in the lobby for another hour and then finally were able to go up to our room on the 4th floor. Room was spacious, along with the bathroom. The window air conditioner/heating unit was located behind the curtains which were behind the desk, so the room was uncomfortably hot. In order to heat/cool the room, we had to move the desk out to reach the controls which were behind the desk top, and leave the curtains open. For such a big room, the air conditioner seemed to do the job of cooling well. Bed was comfortable, but the pillows were about a foot thick and after getting stiff necks trying to sleep on them, we called the desk and asked if there were any flatter pillows available. They looked around for awhile, and delivered two. One was perfect and I took that one, my husband used the other one which was twice as thick as mine but half as thick as the original pillows. In the morning, I skipped breakfast as it was all breads/cereals/waffles but the coffee was decent. They reserved a town car which took us to the airport in about 20 minutes, very quick and efficient trip. Overall, it wasn't a great place to stay but was convenient for us.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anita C P
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Pioneer Square Hotel

Reviewed 16 June 2013

Although I travel to Seattle several times a year, I had never stayed at this location before. We chose it this time because we wanted to be in the area of Century Link stadium for the US national team soccer game, Situated a block from Pioneer square near the waterfront, the hotel doesn't look like much from the outside - just showing you can't judge a book by its cover. The hotel has been remodeled without losing its historic character; The room was clean, the bed comfortable, the staff helpful. ALmost no street noise Breakfast was the usual hotel buffet- could be improved by having sugar-free syrup option for the waffles but otherwise was very acceptable.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We arrived here early on a Saturday morning after disembarking from a cruise ship, and our room was ready! The office staff was extremely helpful finding us a post office that was within walking distance so we could mail our cruise ship clothes to ourselves before heading out on the second leg of our journey into Alaska. The concierge was also helpful, providing us with dinner recommendations, the best way to get to the airport (a town car), and by pointing out the nearby Underground Tour entrance. The room was spacious and clean, and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank gaminwoman
Reviewed 11 June 2013

The hotel has lots of character and a great location. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. It's in walking distance to Pike's Market in one direction and the ball parks in the other. Lots of restaurants and shops in easy walking distance. Parking is about a block and a half away and an extra $20 but after seeing the parking rates at a couple of hotels we walked past, it's a bargain.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tennknitter
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Having moved from the Hyatt Regency in Vancouver for a short week end in Seattle we decided to spare the cash and book into the inexpensive best western in Seattle. Much to our surprise this was a very well run and most pleasant hotel. The rooms were spotlessly clean and spacious the breakfast provided was excellent and the staff were most helpful. The location was not so bad given that a lot of areas in Seattle are occupied with people that have not being so fortunate in life and some look a bit on the rough side. The Pike Market is quite close as is the waterfront. To summarize very reasonable cosy hotel and we did enjoy our stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pat H
Reviewed 9 June 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Douglas M
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Got in about 7:00 AM after a red eye from Honolulu to Seattle. Effortlessly got the LINK light rail from SEATAC, down to within a half-mile of Best Western Plus Pioneer Square. I'd informed them I'd be in early and two days before my trip, got a return email from management telling me they'd do their best to have a room around the time I arrived. Upon arriving, there wasn't anything available, but they took my luggage and pointed me to the breakfast room where I had a waffle and some eggs and juice and just relaxed. About 8:00, I got a call that my room was ready. I went up to the third floor to a HUGE room with a HUGE bed and a HUGE TV - which I actually watched later in the afternoon after waking up. As a nice bonus, they sent up a couple fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies and a couple bottles of spring water. All in all, a VERY pleasant experience for this very worn out traveler. Should I pass through Seattle again, I'll be sure to stay there!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo