“Beautiful building”

Ranked #31 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Portland, Oregon
“Beautiful building”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

If you love historic buildings, you will enjoy this experience. Nicely restored and decorated, elegant simplicity - helpful staff - perfect location for my visit as I was due to arrive via Amtrak and had business at city hall. Pleasant walk along the waterfront over to the sculpture park and back through the city - all good.

Room Tip: I was on a third floor room and found it quieter than I had expected for downtown
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Hebrew first
Moses Lake, Washington
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We quite often stay at this hotel,leaving and returning after our vacations. We make the reservation months in advance. We arrived back in Seattle to wait for the shuttle to our hotel for nearly 30 minutes. When we finally arrive, we're told they "over booked" and our request for a specific room had been given away,and we were given what had to be the the worst room in the hotel!Oh sorry, we'll take $10 off the room rate. Really?as I mentioned, we check in here 3 or 4
times a year. Don't know what's happened to customer service, there was very little this visit. Not
sure we will stay here again.

1 Thank Lindahulsethomad
Idaho, United States
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Location was excellent - few minutes walk to Pioneer Square, 5-10 min walk to the piers, 10-15 min walk to Pike Place Market. Sadly, you will have to park a distance from the hotel. Room was good, the bed was comfy. Breakfast was so-so, with the same stuff served (or rather, placed there) through our 4 nights stay.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Salem, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 March 2014

While decidedly pricey, what you get in return for handing over some bucks is well worth it. We had a "deluxe" room which meant that we had a work space, couch, chair, two big and comfortable beds, and a television - oh yeah, and three big windows overlooking the city! The service was excellent, the breakfast was just so so, but it's so close to everything that makes it well worth the price. It's near light rail, ferry, and every other transportation service you can think of. With bars, bistros, pubs, and bakeries around every corner, you can't get better than this wonderful old hotel in the heart of the historic district.

Room Tip: I suggest going for a room that specifically states that you get a view otherwise you might get stuc...
San Diego, California
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Very pleasant décor in lobby and room. Great location at Pioneer Square, easy access with light rail. Continental breakfast offered more choices than one would expect. I like getting the local paper delivered to your room.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Dorothy G
Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Chose this hotel on a recent visit that was a combination of work/personal as it has a central location and I wanted to explore Pioneer Square area.

Good stuff: Building is well-maintained. They respect the historic character, but with generally modern amenities. Although rooms are on small side, they are very clean and well-appointed. I enjoyed being in a hotel with some character vs. a generic looking chain. Although it's in a busy area, the outside noise was never an issue. Employee who checked me in and out was fantastic. Price was very fair, especially considering how nice the room was. Hotel has garage parking, not onsite, but just one block away, so very convenient.

Bummers: No fitness center/pool/spa on-site - wish I would have confirmed that before booking. While I wouldn't say Pioneer Square is unsafe at night, it certainly feels somewhat unsavory, with large numbers of homeless people hanging around. A couple of the employees seem more interested in playing on their phones and computers than assisting guests.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank kevin_from_AKandCO
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I was in Seattle for an event and found a great deal for the Best Western Pioneer Square hotel. The service was friendly and fast. The room was clean, very comfortable and extremely quiet! I never heard another guest or the nearby traffic. As I have come to expect from all the BW hotels I stay at, the beds put me right to sleep and I was refreshed for each day of my event.

The hotel has a simple breakfast bar with waffles, muffins and other items. They still provide the newspaper each day, including Sundays. The only knocks I have on the hotel is the price of parking (which I will ding any hotel on) and having window AC units for heating. It did get a little stuffy one night. However, all the negatives of this great hotel are easy to overlook and giving its deserved rating.

Room Tip: The rooms away from the street are very quiet. If you want more than what is offered for breakfast...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business